• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcade Gaming OT | bemani still exists? #ThanksKonami!

Shun

Magician's Dead location test

CkFWlXtUUAAlh4Y.jpg

CkFWnVrUoAAC5dq.jpg

CkFWpCdUgAA9trz.jpg

Are there any podcasts that cover Arcade gaming?

Very nice to read that Densha de Go is coming back. It always felt ridiculous that they would stop the series on PS2.

And it isn't using FMV, thank god! Someone make a thread for it.

densha de go isn't truly back until we get densha de densha de go go go 2016

maimai usa location test is really exciting but i have extremely little faith it'll amount to anything beyond just that. i think a more low intensity, hands-on rhythm game like maimai or jubeat definitely has potential in western markets, but... idk. if jubeat location tested twice to no avail, i don't have much optimism for anything else (though i guess they're trying again with beatsquare so who knows).

Anyone making a 6th KAC thread? It should be exciting this year since North America is included for the first time (albeit only in DDR):

25doWco.jpg

I considered it but KAC is at such an awful hour for most people that I don't think it would be worth the effort

The timing isn't that bad for DDR, actually... it's perfectly reasonable in PST and only a little later than I'd normally go to bed in EST.

6th KAC DDR

Semifinals (FUNGAH and KAZE.573 have to fight their way out here despite being the 2nd and 4th qualifiers overall):
Sat 2/11 1:15pm JST
Fri 2/10 11:15pm EST
Fri 2/10 8:15pm PST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vlXeV49OUs

Finals:
Sat 2/11 2:35pm JST
Sat 2/11 12:35am EST
Fri 2/10 9:35pm PST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLY_w8xbYPM

jacobeid

Banned
I've been going to Gotcha Gochapon in Columbus recently and have been enjoying myself so much more than at any of the other barcades in the city. Recommended for anyone in Ohio.

Yuuichi

The timing isn't that bad for DDR, actually... it's perfectly reasonable in PST and only a little later than I'd normally go to bed in EST.

6th KAC DDR

Semifinals (FUNGAH and KAZE.573 have to fight their way out here despite being the 2nd and 4th qualifiers overall):
Sat 2/11 1:15pm JST
Fri 2/10 11:15pm EST
Fri 2/10 8:15pm PST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vlXeV49OUs

Finals:
Sat 2/11 2:35pm JST
Sat 2/11 12:35am EST
Fri 2/10 9:35pm PST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLY_w8xbYPM

Turns out the timing as a whole isn't bad at all, for some reason I thought everything started at like 8pm pst last year and that was gonna happen again.

Yuuichi

This is a direct result of a tip I sent them last night =) Gonna make a thread on GAF tomorrow as well with my complete writeup.

Thanks for the shoutout.

Hopefully this will give ddr massively increase viewership and maybe we can get some official service for other games

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Anyone going to JAEPO? I don't know if I want to go again this year. Hate lineups.

Someone hire me as a writer for their tech blog or whatever so I can get into the business day :(

Anyone going to JAEPO? I don't know if I want to go again this year. Hate lineups.

Someone hire me as a writer for their tech blog or whatever so I can get into the business day :(

Isn't it a bit too late to be considering this? Didn't it start yesterday?

Not by default. There was an userscript for that, but I'm not sure if it still works.

Why would you even count a client side script as part of a site's functionality?

Bumping to say that for my birthday I went to SoCal and got to play at both the Puente Hills and Santa Ana Round 1 arcades and man was it special.

AA'd Max 300 and finally passed Knight of Knights on DDR Ace. Love the E-Amuse cards. Will always have those scores.

Then I come back to my Podunk town and it's shit arcade with a Supernova cab that I can barely pass 8 footers on :(

Why must DDR Ace be two hours away from me....

A Dave and Busters just opened up 20 minutes away from me, and they have a DDR X3 (I believe) and that's amazing. I haven't played since Extreme... Time to dust the old shoes off and have a go.

A Dave and Busters just opened up 20 minutes away from me, and they have a DDR X3 (I believe) and that's amazing. I haven't played since Extreme... Time to dust the old shoes off and have a go.

No way it's an X3, lol. X3 never came out outside Japan.

It's likely either an X2 (which was the last release handled under Betson/Raw Thrills) or A. You're frankly in for a bad time if it's the former. Those cabs are notoriously horrible.

No way it's an X3, lol. X3 never came out outside Japan.

It's likely either an X2 (which was the last release handled under Betson/Raw Thrills) or A. You're frankly in for a bad time if it's the former. Those cabs are notoriously horrible.

Our X2 is broken as all hell. Some solid songs on it but yeah that machine sucks so much in general.

I pray it's DDR A. If it is, spend 2-3$ and get the E-AMUSE card to track your scores and unlocks. It's so fun!

Yuuichi

If any of y'all are in the 14-15 range I would love some rivals, my ddr code is 51430146.

I could also use some 10th Dan rivals in IIDX but I don't expect any of those here.

cj_iwakura

Since we're talking local D&Bs, Hollywood's (ancient) Pump cabinet is back up with a full unlocked Prime 1. Seriously, it's been there for almost twenty years. Amazing it still runs. (Two HD replacements and counting)

Iso*

Neo Member
I could also use some 10th Dan rivals in IIDX but I don't expect any of those here.
7958-5216, not on basic eamusement subscription though :(. 10th Dan working way up to Chuuden. I hope I can get Kaiden by the end of this year. Long term goal is Plan 8 SPA Hard Clear.

Just a head's up, the Fresno Dave & Buster's DDR Ace machine has a broken Up Arrow on the Player 2 side.

:/

However, I did get a single Miss on Max 300 Expert on Extra Stage while I was there, playing on the Player 1 side.

:/

My goal is to at least FC Max 300...

I ordered this at the end of 2016 and it's finally here~~~~

21cWUQ6l.jpg

I'm so in love with it. It's in such great condition, no operating worries, just some small cosmetic stuff I'd like to touch up but that's it.

holy fuck that rules

I'm not gonna be in a position to own a cab any time in the new future but I hope to at least upgrade from PS2 Mini Controller to ASC soon, lol

Top Bottom