• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arizona GAF | It's a dry heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

lem0n

Hey Arizona gaf! Moving to Mesa, AZ for work on the 5th of September from Indiana. Any tips for a newcomer? I know it will be rediculously hot, but I grew up in Florida so I know all about the heat.

Where in Mesa? I just moved out of downtown Mesa and went further east. It was a busy, crazy ghetto but the rent was cheap. Happy to be out of there though... close to Fiesta Mall if anyone is wondering lol

ST2K

Hey Arizona gaf! Moving to Mesa, AZ for work on the 5th of September from Indiana. Any tips for a newcomer? I know it will be rediculously hot, but I grew up in Florida so I know all about the heat.

Florida's heat and Arizona's heat are different.

Respect the heat (don't go hiking in 110+ degree weather!), make sure your car's AC is working, and you'll be fine. Endure and eventually you'll be rewarded with great weather.

Where in Mesa? I just moved out of downtown Mesa and went further east. It was a busy, crazy ghetto but the rent was cheap. Happy to be out of there though... close to Fiesta Mall if anyone is wondering lol

Looks like on West Broadway, near the community college and Riverview Park. Finding a 6 month lease is not easy, thankfully found a sublet.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Any gaffers in Cottonwood? This place is kinda dead for hang outs unless I go to Old Cottonwood for Colt Grill, Riot and the wineries there.

Nephtis

Good value for sure. Im right near catalina state park off oracle. Really gotta be cool with wildlife ( which i am not). Where you looking?

I was close to purchasing a home near tangerine and cholla. There is also another home up by Catalina in Mecate Rd that I seriously considered. So far the two homes I wanted either have a ridiculous HOA enforcement or the home needed more work than I was willing to put in. My workplace is right off on rancho vistoso and oracle, so I'd like someplace close to it.

Plus those views. Can't beat the views.

All moved in and I dig the area I'm in. The crazy thing is that it is completely quiet at 11-12 at night outside. Traffic isn't too bad in mesa either which is pretty sweet. Anyone want to meet up that's nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom