• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARK: Survival Evolved Trailer (UE4, Dinosaur Island Survival, Beta Signup, MORPHEUS!)

FinKL

This came out of nowhere and EA so soon! Can't wait to see gameplay, but I feel this could take off considering the whole survival/gather/craft genre is so big for whatever reason.

tatsuki

tdfzsn.gif

lcsdag.gif

DavidDesu

If this can run in Morpheus I guess No Man's Sky really IS going to be Morpheus compatible too. My god next year is going to be insane!

If this is the sort of graphics to expect from Morpheus games (yeah I know in VR it's likely to look a bit downgraded on this footage, but still!), then wow. We're in for a pretty incredible VR awakening!

Morpheus is going to be huge.

Game looked interesting...

until I noticed Morpheus. You have my full attention. Exciting times!

Same.

Now the game doesn't even need to be good, can just use it as an awesome theme park to explore in VR ... with giant dinosaurs stepping on you. That's exactly the kind of shit I want to experience in VR.

no feathers though? >:|

Kayant

I just stated that I do Q&A/Game testing for VMC. I'm banking on that and my specs to get me into the Alpha.

Join the club :). Are you on for Thursday's test on PC? Yh me too if not I hope they also use VMC for testing ;)

Amazing trailer was Smiling through out. Can't wait to get me hands on it.

Danneee

Hope this isn't another Stomping Lands.

And hope that you can put guns on the dinosaurs.
laser-dinosaurs.jpg

Yep, needs more lazerz.
Dragons! Giant scorpions! I'm in!
Although I can't think of anything more stupid than riding a giant scorpion, one bump and you're impaled on its stinger...

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Game looks great and like others have already said, my first thought was Far Cry 3 with dinosaurs. Would have preferred the game to be in third person instead of first person. Oh well.

Just hoping that there's a good deep single player campaign and that the PS4 version doesn't get reduced for the Morpheus version.

Compsiox

Banned
Join the club :). Are you on for Thursday's test on PC? Yh me too if not I hope they also use VMC for testing ;)

Amazing trailer was Smiling through out. Can't wait to get me hands on it.

No but I'm on for tomorrow's and Friday's test ;)

McBryBry

1) Where in the hell did this come from?

2) You can ride the megalodon. I can conquer my fears.

EDIT: Also includes a Titanboa!??!?!!? SERIOUSLY, where in the hell did this game come form?!?!

Kayant

From steam page about page(Thanks to Worldsfactory for heads up)

The over-the-top hyper real imagery of the ARK its creatures is brought to expressive life using a highly-customized Unreal Engine 4, with fully dynamic lighting & global illumination, weather systems (rain, fog, snow, etc) & true-to-life volumetric cloud simulation, and the latest in advanced DirectX11 and DirectX12 rendering techniques.

Much excite!

Kssio_Aug

Loved it! It somehow resemble me of both Dino Crisis, Monster Hunter and Turok. Could not care less for morpheus though...

rashbeep

Banned
Looks impressive graphically, but I'm not the biggest fan of the design of the NPC's/dino's (they give a really cartoony impression to me). The animations can use work too, but the game still has time for polish in that department.

Javin98

Banned
Holy shit! I'm so fucking hyped right now! With this, GG's Horizon and Jurassic World, it's a great time to be a dinosaur fan. Great visuals, fun gameplay and most importantly rideable dinosaurs?! Day fucking zero!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I dont how it is possible in framerate required for VR.
Digital Foundry analysis will be definitely interesting on this one.

UE4 is being used for a lot of high performance games on consoles and was recently updated to support the 120Hz reprojection for Morpheus. Stuff like motion blur will obviously be turned off for VR mode as well as other concessions.

zinder

According to developer interview on Liriks channel, the game is optimized for 30fps and they have no plans to make it run 60fps on any system.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
According to developer interview on Liriks channel, the game is optimized for 30fps and they have no plans to make it run 60fps on any system.

Then how the hell will they be supporting Morpheus? It needs to be at least 60 for that.

Top Bottom