• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

SexyFish (2)
batsnacks 967
acohrs 995

Faddy (2)
Flame_AC 937
Timeaisis 996

MickD (1)
SexyFish 970

AbsolutBro (1)
Sorian 892

Fat4all (1)
Faddy 1038

Dr. Worm (1)
Natiko 1100

Natiko (0): Faddy 918 1038

Flame_AC (0): batsnacks 958 967

No active vote for Day 2: AbsolutBro, Dr. Worm, Fat4all, Fireblend, Lone_Prodigy, Mazre, MickD, Nudull, Penguin, Royal_Flush, StarSketch, Verelios, Zippedpinhead

Day 2 Postcount: AbsolutBro 5, acohrs 6, batsnacks 26, Dr. Worm 19, Faddy 23, Fat4all 39, Fireblend 3, Flame_AC 19, Lone_Prodigy 1, Mazre 4, MickD 0, Natiko 15, Nudull 6, Penguin 5, Royal_Flush 4, SexyFish 11, Sorian 20, StarSketch 1, Timeaisis 2, Verelios 10, Zippedpinhead 6

Day 2 ends:
red_1493420400.png

Automated vote tally here

Natiko

Banned
This isn't a good way to think about mafia, until one of them flips or is checked this is irrelevant.
I was just curious if you felt one was more likely than the other. It would appear so given your somewhat odd list of candidates we should look at for lynching today. If you think both are scum why only list SexyFish today as a choice?

Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler of Gafia

SexyFish

Banned
So batsnacks, I get my going after Worm, MickD, or Faddy seems like trying to get an easy lynch. Honestly I'm trying to get something going that others aren't necessarily talking about at this point. It seems things have slowed down a lot more this day, and we seem to be running in circles.

And why do you keep threatening to shoot Dr. Worm instead of anyone else​? Why not me?

I'm reading but want to address this:

and then a vote against Faddy completely out of the left field (note that his previous argument for Faddy/arcohrs being potential Scum is a fucking rugby conversation. A. Rugby. Conversation). Well, I guess technically that Faddy vote is "against the grain" but other than that...

I mean, the post you quoted even explicitly states the rugby thing wasn't a scumtell. My vote on Faddy yesterday stemmed from his posts in D1:

Isn't all this advice too obvious and safe. Makes me think you are scum.

VOTE: Sorian
like what, I would think it was just a joke post, but

Let's add to the advice.

If it is LYLO you MUST VOTE or town loses.
yay sarcasm

Is that what you are calling yourselves in the scum thread?
shade

But then it turned out he was on to him?

Hmmmm....
more shade
Yet posting at 2am on a Thursday.

Hmmmmm...
Well Friday now, you know what I mean.
shade
But what if I'm scum, what then achors?

There are no records on your batputer about my scum style since I have never been scum. Why are you making such huge leaps of faith this early?
callouts, still not offering much
By the way I am strongly believe Lifeline is not scum.
point: Faddy
Your game feels a bit off here achors. Maybe some rugby chat will get you back on track.

What about Gatland picking 12 welsh players? Warburton as Captain? Playing for the LIons was supposed to be an honour but turns out you just need to be mates with the coach.
Gatland won against a terrible Australia team who have been under performing for years. If the Lions hadn't won that tour they might as well pack up the whole thing.
Yeah more shitposts, get comfy.
rugby fluff
Don't try and implicate me as scum. Lifeline's post clearly shows evidence for you and acorn being a scum team. Stop trying to muddy the waters with your convoluted logic.

Acorn I found out what is off with you, no one is calling you acorn!
I read his posts. It was cool. Me, you, acorn, fat4all as a scum team. Fun if true!

Why didn't you include fat4all in your analysis? Seems like a bit of an oversight to me, intentionally ignoring your scum mate.
shade and sarcasm
I included fat4all

You even bolded "everyone" in your post. Unless the definition of everyone has changed...
And my aggressive play in Gafia?

Another strange omission.
sarcasm and shade

feel free to keep reading his posts, but that was a glut of posts with one being useful and the rest largely being shade or sarcasm. It didn't feel right, so I voted for him. I mean, I get it, I haven't been a fountain of useful posts, but let's not pretend my vote was completely out of left field.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I wanted to de-escalate w/ dog, hence lack of vote

Nullread him up until now, lean scum currently but still undecided this early

May not be able to go in-depth tomorrow, but should be able to address before EOD if questions persist

batsnacks

Didn't seem like worm was trying to de-escalate to me idk

2 hot takes and I'm off

I'll vouch for Faddy, if he's scum come at me. That said he's pending on the list if fat4all/flame_ac/others want to make it happen. No one else on the list, fish, zipped, absolut, has vouchers, so Faddy remains off the list for now.

MickD is town and is awful. No scum does that. This is not similar to people saying terra is town for replacing/self voting. There is precedent for terra doing exactly what he did as mafia, and there was initially effort from him before folding.

Not a big fan of these last minute no impact votes. It was clearly a back and forth pull at day end and you two chose to take yourselves out of the equation and let others control the results which very well could have been a tie in the end had votes not shifted enough in the last moment.
I didn't like either vote, so I didn't vote for them. That simple. Lifeline looked like someone tunneling like crazy, Terra got called out for humoring him. They were both bad votes to me. And given the last minute almost tie we had, you throwing "it could have been a tie without your vote!" is some serious editorializing. We could have just as easily CAUSED a vote by throwing into that mess.

Crap, gonna be at least four people down by the end of this round. At this point, I can only try and find something in all this mess.
I don't think you've said, and I don't think anyone else has asked so I will: any reason you not have a vote last day phase?

Flame_AC

Didn't seem like worm was trying to de-escalate to me idk

2 hot takes and I'm off

I'll vouch for Faddy, if he's scum come at me. That said he's pending on the list if fat4all/flame_ac/others want to make it happen. No one else on the list, fish, zipped, absolut, has vouchers, so Faddy remains off the list for now.

MickD is town and is awful. No scum does that. This is not similar to people saying terra is town for replacing/self voting. There is precedent for terra doing exactly what he did as mafia, and there was initially effort from him before folding.

I lean towards vouching for AbsolutBro.

Agree on MickD.

SexyFish

Banned
We have 12 people with 6 or less posts this day.

We have 8 people who've been voted for lynching this day.

Of those, two correspond with the first list, which includes my vote for MickD as an attempt to get him participating.

We're running in circles with the more active people and I'm afraid we're letting quieter players go below the radar.

Sorian

Banned
I keep wanting to post then something comes up so not going to re dig up quotes and just go from memory.

In regards to Zipped, big meh. He's not a high impact player and honestly, as weak as it is, he plays more frantically when he is scum based on all of one time that I've seen it and I don't really get anything from here.

In regards to Worm, I go back and forth. People have been making decent points but I know I had an issue with a scum Worm going out of his way to reminding us all that Splinter softed which is why scum may have killed him. Seems counter intuitive to bother bringing it up again.

Nudull trying to make me feel bad about asking about activity is meh, I don't want a ramp up to reads, I just want the reads.

Aside from my reservations with Worm, I do agree with Bats little list but I'm not town reading Mick. He may be town and whatever but I'd rather use the second lynch on him and move on with it. There are plenty of vig targets already if that second kill was a big that leaving Mick as potentially more work is just too much.

Sorian

Banned
Remember when I said inactivity on day 1 was bad and I got met with hostility because this shit is obvious?

Where is Flush? Isn't this a good time zone for him? Calling you out because I recall you camping out in scum chat in the middle of the night in gafia 2.5 when the thread was slow instead of bumping it, wondering if that's the same here.

Why exactly are we doing vouchers now? To set up a chain lynch if the vouched for person turns out Scum?

@AB: Well, the argument you make now against Faddy isn't the worst. My issue was that you voted with only a barebone explanation and had no record of (seriously) calling Faddy out.

Remember when I said inactivity on day 1 was bad and I got met with hostility because this shit is obvious?

Where is Flush? Isn't this a good time zone for him? Calling you out because I recall you camping out in scum chat in the middle of the night in gafia 2.5 when the thread was slow instead of bumping it, wondering if that's the same here.
Your post is 9:32am.

Sorian

Banned
Wonder if that would have been more or less effective if I had written it an hour ago like I planned before a patient came through and made me lose track.

I know it's night time for Americans but no use in the thread being completely dead, doubly so since Fat seems to be sitting here just spectating too

Sorian

Banned
Why exactly are we doing vouchers now? To set up a chain lynch if the vouched for person turns out Scum?

@AB: Well, the argument you make now against Faddy isn't the worst. My issue was that you voted with only a barebone explanation and had no record of (seriously) calling Faddy out.

To answer to the post. Yes, the voucher thing is stupid. And if anyone actually chain lynched off of that, they should be taken out instead.

Would like to watch more of this AB and Flush interaction.

-----

I also remembered something else. What are we doing here Bats? I noticed it again at some point today, why are people lucky you aren't shooting them in the night again?

acohrs

Picking up from last night, work was miserable today and my reading this evening hasn't been very productive.

In the meantime some further thoughts on the players above:

Fat4all - want to review some more but I can at least respect the fact that he made his argument yesterday and followed it to the end of the phase

SexyFish - seems to be around regularly, maybe a bit timid, not unusual for a new player

acohrs - Feels like he's pulled back this phase compared to day 1. Perhaps he's feeling more secure having navigated day 1 so he doesn't need to try to stand out as much today?

Verelios - drawing a blank on Ver

Faddy - I keep mixing him up with fat4all, they actually seem to be playing similar games, which is kind of amusing considering how they seem to be going after each other currently

Fireblend - inoffensive

absolutbro - drawing a blank here as well

mickd - policy fodder; nothing to discuss here at this point;

ritter.gif

Was busy yesterday

One other thing I'd like to note is that based on Worm's dissection of fat4all's argument I have fat4all as Town rn. I hadn't had any explicitly bad vibes from him before and that argument doesn't look like something Scum would make at all. Still not sure what to make of Worm.

Also, yes, middle of my night, I know it's day for you.
My pony was that that qualifies as "morning" in my student universe. I get up around 8, so you can't reasonably expect me to have caught up much earlier (considering breakfast, getting ready for university, etc)

acohrs

Can see why others are clearing Flame based on the meta of his sub, but based on their posts so far, they're null at best to me.

I see you SexyFish posting some fun stuff! Oh to be young, scummy and fun again... Good times

Verelios

I wanted to de-escalate w/ dog, hence lack of vote

Nullread him up until now, lean scum currently but still undecided this early

May not be able to go in-depth tomorrow, but should be able to address before EOD if questions persist
Why are you trying to de-escalate anyway? Where I'm looking at, there's not much reason to unless you're walking back from scumreads.
I didn't like either vote, so I didn't vote for them. That simple. Lifeline looked like someone tunneling like crazy, Terra got called out for humoring him. They were both bad votes to me. And given the last minute almost tie we had, you throwing "it could have been a tie without your vote!" is some serious editorializing. We could have just as easily CAUSED a vote by throwing into that mess.

I don't think you've said, and I don't think anyone else has asked so I will: any reason you not have a vote last day phase?
As others have said, there were about 3 players in second place 30 minutes from day end. At least one of them must have been a scumread for you, unless you're saying you didn't care about your votes impact.

acohrs

I'm reading but want to address this:

I mean, the post you quoted even explicitly states the rugby thing wasn't a scumtell. My vote on Faddy yesterday stemmed from his posts in D1:

like what, I would think it was just a joke post, but

yay sarcasm

shade

more shade

shade

callouts, still not offering much

point: Faddy

rugby fluff

shade and sarcasm

sarcasm and shade

feel free to keep reading his posts, but that was a glut of posts with one being useful and the rest largely being shade or sarcasm. It didn't feel right, so I voted for him. I mean, I get it, I haven't been a fountain of useful posts, but let's not pretend my vote was completely out of left field.

TBF when I first played with Faddy, I thought he was scummy as feck. Now I realise that's just how he plays. As pointed out earlier, admittedly I haven't played with scum!Faddy but I hope it's different from town!Faddy as otherwise he just looks scummy all the time

CCS

Banned
CCS reporting in.

Will read through thread this afternoon, start posting this evening.

acohrs is town

Top Bottom