• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Natiko

Banned
I'll add penguin to my list of town reads if that makes you feel any better. I just don't read many players positively this game. That's not to say that I think everyone is scum, just that I don't really have a great feeling about anyone. I still don't have a good feeling of Sorian, and if that gives me some heat, so be it. I can prove I'm town if necessary.
Your picks for town players are smaller than a scum team could even be. Your reads also tend to just be potshots without following up on them outside of the couple of times you've put forth a full argument for one of your stances.

I don't see the Time argument Natiko is building to be honest. Is that "negative to positive reads ratio" really strange? Seems like somewhat of a stretch.
Really? So you would say it's normal to only town read two or three players out of twenty four? I personally think it's far from the norm, especially when you've instead taken potshots at a large majority. Do you find yourself in a similar situation then of only town reading two or three players?

Yes.

I want Natiko dead.
Tell me how you really feel.

Nudull

Banned
Without looking, do you even know the game state well enough to know who I'm voting for? I don't even know what you are talking about at this point.

Also, not happy with the lack of reaction from Nudull to having 2 votes on them. I'm kind of dumbfounded. Can I get a top town/scum list out of you Nudull? =/

I know the state well enough to know people are still scumreading me, despite my efforts, and that I'm speaking generally to all of you (not just Sorian).

Fireblend

Banned
Really? So you would say it's normal to only town read two or three players out of twenty four? I personally think it's far from the norm, especially when you've instead taken potshots at a large majority. Do you find yourself in a similar situation then of only town reading two or three players?

I don't feel it's so much that as not handing out town cards to most of the players willy nilly or to be constantly high-fiving them for their thoughts. I'm constantly thinking about falling into others' traps or manipulations if I follow along when playing, even 3 days in like now. I do usually have few people I decide to trust are town in games enough to call them out as such or defend them. You'll find that whenever someone is called suspicious that I don't necessarily agree with I usually ask why or question it rather than come out and call them town.

Anyway, I'm not talking for Time, that's just me. I'd like to see him answer your comments on his own.

Fireblend

Banned
I know the state well enough to know people are still scumreading me, despite my efforts, and that I'm speaking generally to all of you (not just Sorian).

Can you point to those efforts? I don't see how we're supposed to not scumread you if we can't see said efforts.

Verelios

If I make this play, I said you will be next.

and I have suspected one or both of you of playing a game so...

VOTE: Natiko
This is insanity when you just said you'd policy lynch Faddy if Nat flips town. Think this through, you're voting on word of mouth from someone else on the preposition that you'll lynch them based on a flip.

Do you not see how this isn't encouraging scum hunting? I'd be hard pressed to say you weren't throwing coal into a burning building right now.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Bronx, are you caught up with the game so far? any thoughts?
I'm at the same place as before reading everything that happened. Read list consists of Vere, RF, with the addition of Faddy after reading what happened at the end of the last day. I'm not confident about any of them though. Considering town hasn't made the best guesses so far, I'm not certain where to look. I'll try making a vote before day's end but don't be surprised if I end up just not voting.

Faddy

Banned
Don't see the case against Time. We're down 6 town; that's a quarter of the player base dead. I wouldn't be so quick to trust anyone.

Who do you trust the most/least? You know, provide some actual insight into your thinking?

Trust No One is not really a useful statement at this point.

Penguin

This is insanity when you just said you'd policy lynch Faddy if Nat flips town. Think this through, you're voting on word of mouth from someone else on the preposition that you'll lynch them based on a flip.

Do you not see how this isn't encouraging scum hunting? I'd be hard pressed to say you weren't throwing coal into a burning building right now.

Nope
I've said since day two, I think one or both of them are playing us with the way they fight

This speeds up the process of weeding whichever one of them out

Timeaisis

Your picks for town players are smaller than a scum team could even be. Your reads also tend to just be potshots without following up on them outside of the couple of times you've put forth a full argument for one of your stances.

I'm not going to just randomly town read everyone I feel neutral on, if that's what you mean. And if by "potshots", you mean mentioning a few things that I personally find suspect of many people, then yeah, that's what I'm doing.

Would you rather I thought everyone was A-OK and we can hold hands and sing kumbaya? "Good job, you posted something!" Town points for you, kind of deal. That's not what I'm doing, sorry.

Natiko

Banned
I'm not going to just randomly town read everyone I feel neutral on, if that's what you mean. And if by "potshots", you mean mentioning a few things that I personally find suspect of many people, then yeah, that's what I'm doing.

Would you rather I thought everyone was A-OK and we can hold hands and sing kumbaya? "Good job, you posted something!" Town points for you, kind of deal. That's not what I'm doing, sorry.
No, I'm not expecting you to hand out brownie points. But you're doing an awful lot of mentioning things you find suspect without following up on most of them and continuing to push for easy lynches instead.

Natiko

Banned
Define easy lynch, please.
I mean you yourself call them easy targets.

With a lack of a new front runner, I'm going to go back to who I voted for yesterday

vote: Faddy

I still think you are scum, I'm confused with how you played the first two days, and now that you almost got lynched day 2 I think you are trying to just get through the day again.

Just an observation, but we seem to be consistently voting the same way the entire game. Or we're just both latching on to the easy targets. Which is fine, I suppose.

Timeaisis

I still have to make a case for each of my votes, like what I'm doing right now. An easy lynches implies I'm just jumping on where the wind is blowing and riding it out till the end of the day.

Who is the "easy lynch" today so I can change my vote to them and then not post for 6 hours?

Natiko

Banned
Yeah, obvious targets. Clearly they aren't easy lynches, since Faddy wasn't touched in even a double vote yesterday.
You're essentially arguing semantics at this point. The intention of those two statements is essentially the same. Sorry for not directly quoting you the first time.

Timeaisis

You're essentially arguing semantics at this point. The intention of those two statements is essentially the same. Sorry for not directly quoting you the first time.

Am I? Obvious targets are frequently never easy lynches, because people think they are too "obvious" or there is some other information that arises at days end that pushes a bandwagon elsewhere.

But regardless how you think I'm voting, that's the way I'm voting. I appreciate your observation, and I'm sorry that you feel that way about who I'm voting for, but, like I said, that's where I lie.

Natiko

Banned
You're just interpreting my statement very literally when I was meaning the same thing you were in your statement to Zipped is all. It's a semantic difference because it was not intended the way you interpreted it essentially. Misunderstanding I guess.

CCS

Banned
There's not many active players at the moment (I'm part of the problem, sorry. Been busy today, will try and post more tomorrow). With that in mind, I'm happy leaving my vote on one of my quieter suspects and leave the more active ones alive for now.

Faddy

Banned
There's not many active players at the moment (I'm part of the problem, sorry. Been busy today, will try and post more tomorrow). With that in mind, I'm happy leaving my vote on one of my quieter suspects and leave the more active ones alive for now.

That is bullshit. There are 5 pages since the day started, you can easily read that in the 3.5 hours to the deadline and at least have an opinion on the current direction of the game.

Fireblend

Banned

This is the same thing you tried to pull with MickD yesterday, again.

CCS

Banned
Don't let this obsession cloud your judgement.

That is bullshit. There are 5 pages since the day started, you can easily read that in the 3.5 hours to the deadline and at least have an opinion on the current direction of the game.

I have read them, and I have an opinion. My opinion is that out of all my scum reads, I'm lynching the quietest one.

Verelios

CCS, champ, if you're going to say this then at least write out who you believe the suspects are. Otherwise it just seems like you'll be hopping on any train

Nudull

Banned
I'm a little shaky on revoting Faddy, given our track record on lynching. So, why not try something else? Sorian's growing obsession with me, among others, is starting to bring up some vibes I've gotten since early game, but no one else seems to be going after him. For now...

Vote: AbsolutBro

Your name's been brought up enough times that I think there may be something here. As always, my feelings can change, though.

acohrs

Fair point :p

Mazre
Acohrs
Natiko
Sorian

giphy.gif

Let this moment forever be remembered as when CCS finally scumread acorns!

acohrs

At least he spelled your name right. That is how you know he is serious.

When CCS turns on me, is it finally time to hang up the old neogaf forum and walk away from Gafia? Just don't know anymore...

On another note, happy with my AB vote but also happy with a Nudull vote. Willing to get either over the line.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm not sure how to react to the idea of Royal Flush setting me up to be saved from poisoning. One has to ask (if what has been said it true) whether or not I would of been targeted for poisoning if RF had mentioned targeting me at all.

So, the school of though if this is the case: RF is being honest about being poisoned. After RF said they'd be targeting me for a night action with no specific detail at the end of yesterday, the poisoner decided to target me to be poisoned, that way I would assume they did the deed.

Now, it's hard to tell if this is the case unless Royal was to die via poison, and if they are cured they would still be doubted about their story. Would a lynch on them be advisable? Maybe, but not in this case. If all we had for today was Royals claim of being poisoned, I would say lynching them would be a good idea, as whether or not it's a scum gambit, they would either die by poison of town lynch. But in a situation where we have a few candidates who might be better picks, it's worth giving them the temporary benefit of the doubt.

Thoughts on scum leans in a bit.

Faddy

Banned
I'm not sure how to react to the idea of Royal Flush setting me up to be saved from poisoning. One has to ask (if what has been said it true) whether or not I would of been targeted for poisoning if RF had mentioned targeting me at all.

So, the school of though if this is the case: RF is being honest about being poisoned. After RF said they'd be targeting me for a night action with no specific detail at the end of yesterday, the poisoner decided to target me to be poisoned, that way I would assume they did the deed.

Now, it's hard to tell if this is the case unless Royal was to die via poison, and if they are cured they would still be doubted about their story. Would a lynch on them be advisable? Maybe, but not in this case. If all we had for today was Royals claim of being poisoned, I would say lynching them would be a good idea, as whether or not it's a scum gambit, they would either die by poison of town lynch. But in a situation where we have a few candidates who might be better picks, it's worth giving them the temporary benefit of the doubt.

Thoughts on scum leans in a bit.

If Royal doesn't flip then there will be a lot of doubt if a poison doctor doesn't claim.

However this whole Royal thing might be a scum gambit so if you are the poison doc perhaps you need to consider whether Royal has convinced you he is town. I found his first couple of days pretty scummy. Poking about without actually saying a lot, he got himself a mention on my scum reads.

If there is a poison doc and you do cure Royal be prepared to claim first thing on day 4.

Sorian

Banned
True I was an actual all abilities everywhere on me lightning rod. The only thing that wouldn't affect me was the standard scum night kill (as it had been explained to me).

Still, im feeling like flush is telling the truth. But then again with poison the only way to survive is to admit you were poisoned.

OT: are you saying blarg tried that scheme in NX or that flush tried to pull it and the scheme is blarg like "in general"?

Blarg also claimed as a "targeted" lightning rod but he made up a different story for what that meant. He said that he chose a player and that player would become a lightning rod for all effects that night. His sounded more like what I would define as a targeted lightning rod than what Flush is claiming to be. But again, it just sounds like a sloppy fake claim.

Yes.

I want Natiko dead.

I think everyone can tell. I still think your tunnel is weak.

Don't see the case against Time. We're down 6 town; that's a quarter of the player base dead. I wouldn't be so quick to trust anyone.

That's the game state now. What's the excuse for day 1 and day 2? No matter how you slice it Time has been throwing shade with no bite since day 1. If anything, I'm actually surprised he moved off of Faddy and didn't just ride that through to day end but then again, a Faddy lynch hasn't seemed to likely of most of today. He went to someone else who had a better chance of being lynched.

Top Bottom