• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Penguin

So, what have we learned?

Overall, I think his comments about Sorian and acohrs are the most valuable, since he shaded them multiple times. Both are more town now for me.

Defence of Faddy and shade on Fireblend are both interesting if we get more information, but right now I don't think are that important.

Well thanks for doing that

Though assume he wouldn't really out people too much. Perhaps the folks he didn't really comment on at all.

Faddy

Banned
I'm surprised Zipped is on so many top 4 town reads. Not because I read Zipped as scum, but I read him very null right now.

Thanks. A Vere vote is interesting. Would you mind going into your reasoning for that? Your top 4 town seem pretty straightforward to me, but you can rundown your reasoning there if you'd like.

I don't like how he votes. It is always a short explanation then a vote, like he is meeting the minimum threshold of explaining his votes.

I am also more suspicious of players who voted for Mazre yesterday since his ability would be much better for Town, were his claims actually true. We could really have used a couple of more confirmed town players.

Timeaisis

Bad news, all. I got a clarification on my role and I had originally read it as the four player's who are selected by me votes are the only ones who count towards a lynch, but actually those four people are the only ones that we can lynch on the day it gets activated.

:(

Which changes literally my entire plan. So yeah, it's a thunderdome.

I dunno how useful this becomes either, and I'm frankly not sure if I even want to do it anymore. That being said, I'm still activating it tomorrow on 4 people. I've claimed something, and now I have to prove it's real, I understand that. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

Flame_AC

Bad news, all. I got a clarification on my role and I had originally read it as the four player's who are selected by me votes are the only ones who count towards a lynch, but actually those four people are the only ones that we can lynch on the day it gets activated.

I dunno how useful this becomes either, and I'm frankly not sure if I even want to do it anymore. That being said, I'm still activating it tomorrow on 4 people. I've claimed something, and now I have to prove it's real, I understand that. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

So, whoever you pick for those 4 people are the only one's we can lynch tomorrow. Better than your old role I guess, but still not ideal.

Faddy

Banned

Ok. I suggest you pick

Verelios
Zippedpinhead
Fireblend
acohrs

Sorian

Banned
CCS has a solid town claim right now and Nudull has a Doctor claim. I don't like either of those choices for this.

I'm kind of over Nudull at this point to be fair. They cant sit on that doc claim forever and there's been no real play otherwise. That said, Flame is doing everything possible to lose my goodwill today apparently.

Flame_AC

Nudull's made it what, 2 days now with out being hit? Suspect to me. They also have done next to nothing today and I'd hope that mentioning them/throwing them into that pile will make them more active.

Did I forget something that makes CCS such a certainish thing to you Faddy? It's possible.

Faddy

Banned
I'm kind of over Nudull at this point to be fair. They cant sit on that doc claim forever and there's been no real play otherwise. That said, Flame is doing everything possible to lose my goodwill today apparently.

Let's talk about Nudull's claim. It is strange he didn't die on Night 2 and he could have been protected Night 3.

Let's say he is lying. Should our real doctor (i assume we have one) counterclaim or sit tight?

Faddy

Banned
Nudull's made it what, 2 days now with out being hit? Suspect to me. They also have done next to nothing today and I'd hope that mentioning them/throwing them into that pile will make them more active.

Did I forget something that makes CCS such a certainish thing to you Faddy? It's possible.

He claimed to gift Double Vote, we saw Vere use the double. I am pretty certain that it is a town mechanic.

Flame_AC

Let's talk about Nudull's claim. It is strange he didn't die on Night 2 and he could have been protected Night 3.

Let's say he is lying. Should our real doctor (i assume we have one) counterclaim or sit tight?

I'd lean towards having the real doctor breadcrumb for the past couple of days their targets and their roles, and then once they think they might be a target, reveal themselves and all their built up stuff. I feel like it'd be a certainty that we'd all lynch Nudull in that case then so if the doc feels good about them, then that might be why they didn't/haven't counterclaimed.

Sorian

Banned

I don't know if it's what you mean, but the only possible protection night 3 would have been Natiko, I doubt a real doctor would protect a counter claim. And no, a real doctor should sit tight and not tip their hand. Nudull can be judged ln their own merits.

Faddy

Banned
I don't know if it's what you mean, but the only possible protection night 3 would have been Natiko, I doubt a real doctor would protect a counter claim. And no, a real doctor should sit tight and not tip their hand. Nudull can be judged ln their own merits.

Flush might have had protection in Night 3, lightning rod onto Nudull.

Sorry I have been so quiet today, out of town so it's tougher to find time.

As much as I would hate to be one of the chosen four for the cage match tomorrow. I thin timeaisis' role is definitely town. I'll trust his judgement.

My four for the cage match:

Flame_AC
Sorian
Acohrs
Verelios

Bronx-Man

Banned
A 4-way thunderdome and it's happening in a damn Batman game and not in WWE Mafia 2: The Ultimate Thrillride like it should be. Damn shame.

Sorian

Banned

As much as I would hate to be one of the chosen four for the cage match tomorrow. I thin timeaisis' role is definitely town. I'll trust his judgement.

Flame_AC
Sorian
Acohrs
Verelios

I also have no doubt that the role as presented is a town role. I just don't believe Time and think the "clarification" was an act to sell it.

Flame_AC

I also have no doubt that the role as presented is a town role. I just don't believe Time and think the "clarification" was an act to sell it.

I had a thought about that as well, but I dunno if we wanna go there. If we start speculating about whether or not there was actual clarification is a rabbit hole I don't want to go down. If it happens tomorrow, it happens.

acohrs

Oooh a cage match, sounds fun can I play in it?

My only request is that absolutbro, zippedpinhead, and nudull join me please

Faddy

Banned
That's not how Flush's ability worked.

Are you sure Sorian

You are a single target lightning rod. Every night you may use the command Replace: <Playername> to redirect all actions which would have been directed to your target during the next day/night phase to you (including votes!). Any action taken against you directly will be negated during this time. You only have two shots.

Reading it again it looks like Flush would have targeted Fat on night 1 for replacement during day2/night2. It makes sense he would target the doctor on night 2 with his 2nd shot.

acohrs

Don't see why peeps are scared to go into the cage, it's not an autolynch, as long as you aren't scummy then you have nothing to worry about. Heck stick me in it, not worried. Just need somebody on my scum reads to go with me so I can see if they squirm as they're sealed in with me, the animal!

Sorian

Banned
I had a thought about that as well, but I dunno if we wanna go there. If we start speculating about whether or not there was actual clarification is a rabbit hole I don't want to go down. If it happens tomorrow, it happens.

Or we could cut the fat and call a lie a lie right now. Time clearly wants an extra day as a stall tactic.

Are you sure Sorian

Reading it again it looks like Flush would have targeted Fat on night 1 for replacement during day2/night2. It makes sense he would target the doctor on night 2 with his 2nd shot.

The way you wrote it the first time made it sound like you thought someone would be protecting Flush and he transferred that to Nudull with his ability which is why I said that's not how it works. I get what you mean now.

Thinking about it though, Flush was effectively our doctor (a bodyguard actually). Would a two-shot bodyguard be enough for the whole town? If so then Nudull is lying.

Sorian

Banned
Don't see why peeps are scared to go into the cage, it's not an autolynch, as long as you aren't scummy then you have nothing to worry about. Heck stick me in it, not worried. Just need somebody on my scum reads to go with me so I can see if they squirm as they're sealed in with me, the animal!

I don't think anyone is scared to go into the cage.

Fat4all

Banned
Any forward-thinking town shouldn't want to go to Thunderdome.

If you are a town and your are recommending yourself, you're being reckless.

Natiko's mystery partner would be privy to their investigation results. But seeing as they're probably a neutral investigator, they wouldn't come forward with any info.

Frankly, saying "put me in the cage match" is the same as saying "I'm not scum". It doesn't really mean anything.

Timeaisis

Flame_AC
Sorian
Acohrs
Verelios

I think I like this pick the best.

Timeaisis

Or we could cut the fat and call a lie a lie right now. Time clearly wants an extra day as a stall tactic.

Do you doubt my alignment because of my play or because of my role? Just curious. Like, if I live today and thunderdome gets activated (and it will) will you believe I'm town? Or just feel like I'm scum using thunderdome as some kind of ploy/stall tactic? Or do you just flat out don't believe my role and think I'm trying to live an extra day?

Sorian

Banned
Do you doubt my alignment because of my play or because of my role? Just curious. Like, if I live today and thunderdome gets activated (and it will) will you believe I'm town? Or just feel like I'm scum using thunderdome as some kind of ploy/stall tactic? Or do you just flat out don't believe my role and think I'm trying to live an extra day?

Your play and the play of others around you. The role you've listed is clearly a town role, scum would never have it so if it did activate then yeah, I'd believe 100% that you are town but I just flat out don't believe you and do think this is stalling for another day and getting another mislynch somewhere.

Timeaisis

Your play and the play of others around you. The role you've listed is clearly a town role, scum would never have it so if it did activate then yeah, I'd believe 100% that you are town but I just flat out don't believe you and do think this is stalling for another day and getting another mislynch somewhere.

So I would be 100% confirmed town to you? Are you really willing to take the risk of lynching me today?

Sorian

Banned
So I would be 100% confirmed town to you? Are you really willing to take the risk of lynching me today?

Yes, because I don't think I'm wrong and there is a different kind of risk in letting you have another night. It's moot to talk about risk like that when both sides are the same gamble.

Verelios

I don't like how he votes. It is always a short explanation then a vote, like he is meeting the minimum threshold of explaining his votes.

I am also more suspicious of players who voted for Mazre yesterday since his ability would be much better for Town, were his claims actually true. We could really have used a couple of more confirmed town players.
I can't possibly trust someone that never breadcrumbed their role prior to this and claimed weak cop, that doesn't make any sense. I'm actually surprised at the amount of people who didn't question Mazre on how that worked if he hit scum day 2. That doesn't help town at all. As for RF, I wasn't going to vote him since we needed to verify if poison was in play, or we had a PD.

I'm inclined to believe Time's claim enough that I'd give them a day, it wouldn't be too late if nothing happened to lynch them and if it does happen then that's a confirmed (tentative) town to me. Sticking me in is good too, I'm fine with a cage match.

Top Bottom