• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

So now Sorian is free to shoot someone tonight. I wonder if we should take him off the table now since it's in his best interests to extend the game, which would mean siding with scum.

Voting Zipped is also valid, but scum can still shoot tonight.

Vote: Sorian

Fat4all

Banned
So now Sorian is free to shoot someone tonight. I wonder if we should take him off the table now since it's in his best interests to extend the game, which would mean siding with scum.

Voting Zipped is also valid, but scum can still shoot tonight.

Vote: Sorian

This might be a good point, actually.

If we don't get rid of Sorian today, that's likely two night-kills tonight, and we are starting to get down to the wire.

We might have to save zipped for tomorrow.

Sorian

Banned
I do need to be one of five to win, I do wonder if you really think lynching me is a good idea though considering you are having a tough time solving yourselves out of a paper bag. I told you who scum was yesterday and you still floundered on the topic.

Fat4all

Banned
We already have Zipped done in, all that's left is to sniff out whoever is left of the scum, but for now

VOTE: Sorian

nipping this in the bud is a good choice for today

Fat4all

Banned
I do need to be one of five to win, I do wonder if you really think lynching me is a good idea though considering you are having a tough time solving yourselves out of a paper bag. I told you who scum was yesterday and you still floundered on the topic.

And it's still in your best interest to keep scum around.

We don't need someone like that in the game anymore, not this late into the thick of it.

Penguin

Who did you say was scum?

Sorian

Banned
Fat, you realize you are 5 vs. 4 on the town v scum board right? I'd recommend you keep that in mind before you let L_P sway you into that bad vote. Lynching me right now is your loss.

Sorian

Banned
And it's still in your best interest to keep scum around.

We don't need someone like that in the game anymore, not this late into the thick of it.

Also this is no longer true, I painted myself into a very purposeful corner, I have to kill scum now or I'm mathematically a loser as well.

Fat4all

Banned
Fat, you realize you are 5 vs. 4 on the town v scum board right? I'd recommend you keep that in mind before you let L_P sway you into that bad vote. Lynching me right now is your loss.

No one can have any real idea how many scum are left, but I agree with weemads rough estimate yesterday, that there's likely 2 or 3 scum left.

You can safely go today

Fat4all

Banned
Also this is no longer true, I painted myself into a very purposeful corner, I have to kill scum now or I'm mathematically a loser as well.

If we killed Zipped today, tonight you could not aim for scum, because if you did town might win.

Your kind of balance really isn't helpful to town at this point.

Sorian

Banned
No one can have any real idea how many scum are left, but I agree with weemads rough estimate yesterday, that there's likely 2 or 3 scum left.

You can safely go today

20% of the player list is 4.8. You've also outed a hidden partner which maybe counts for .5, sometimes. The issue is the neutral was 100% town aligned which means you have to bolster scum with either a neutral of their own or a slightly higher number. The original scum count was 5 + 1, I guarantee it. Maybe, maybe you are lucky and it was 4 + 1 but why risk that when I have to shoot scum again anyway now?

Sorian

Banned
Why do you say that? I've figured out a way for you to win without killing anyone but town...

Not if scum team is the size I expect it to be. Good try though, I'm not falling for that.

Normally, I would agree we should kill Sorian now, but we do have scum caught.

Do you still have "one shot" left, Sorian?

I don't know why you put it in quotes, I only ever had two shots, my original win con is a lot easier if they give me much more than that.

You can safely go today
There is literally no reason to do this today and every reason to kill scum (read: Zipped). We were 13 players yesterday, 11 today. If we kill Sorian instead of scum we put ourself in a must-lynch situation after tomorrow's night kill.

If we kill scum today we buy ourselves a mislynch. Worst case scenario we lose two town tomorrow (read: Sorian hits town) and find ourselves in the exact same situation.

Best case, we lynch scum AND Sorian kills scum and we're ahead.

We kill scum today. Sorian stands a better chance of winning with us than he does with scum.

Not if scum team is the size I expect it to be. Good try though, I'm not falling for that.

I don't know why you put it in quotes, I only ever had two shots, my original win con is a lot easier if they give me much more than that.

How many do you think is left? consensus says 2-3...

Fat4all

Banned
I suppose both you you have a point...

Sorian, you have an idea of who to hit tonight for scum, yes?

You don;t have to say who out loud, just in case.

Sorian

Banned
Aren't there 10 people left? I'm having a hard time verifying with the front page thing since that stopped getting updated but I count 10.

Timeaisis

I think Zipped needs to go today.

Vote: Zippedpinhead

I'd say let's hammer, but I want to consider this for a bit. I'm not going to lie, though, at first blush LP's suggestion to go after Sorian screamed scum protecting one of their own.

Sorian

Banned
I suppose both you you have a point...

Sorian, you have an idea of who to hit tonight for scum, yes?

You don;t have to say who out loud, just in case.

I have a very good idea.

For the record in case it needs to be stated by the way, Flame did block me again.

Sorian

Banned
Also, now that I walked back to my desktop:

Who did you say was scum?

What kind of neutral takes sides?

I mean I'll break a tie if you really need me to.

Or are you asking for my opinion? I actually think Zipped is the scum member at this point. Wee is playing about as contrarian as she possible can but that's her m.o. to the letter so no real surprise there. The first self protect was by Nudull and I believe that falls in line with newbie town. I haven't really been following much but Wee only protected herself once more? That's probably the only weird thing. Meanwhile Zipped is claiming only poison doc for the one time poison has happened.

But hey, it's fine, I'm just a neutral, it's clear most of you have been filtering out my posts and only been seeing the surface level trolling anyway.

Sorian

Banned
What's your good idea?

Your teammates are just going to have to weigh me on a pro v con scale Zipped, fishing for info for them isn't going to get us anywhere. But you all do you, neither team should want to fall behind at this point and wasting time not killing town at night or not lynching scum during the day is going to be a game loss state.

Funny that scum thought there were 11 players left. Must have dropped that number on chat.

Wait, is this directed at me? Because I did (incorrectly) say 11 earlier also.

Anyway, 10 players left in the game. We know Sorian is Neutral and Zippedpinhead is scum. Leaves 8:

Lone_Prodigy
Fireblend
Bronx-man
Penguin
Timeaisis
AbsolutBro
Faddy
Fat4all

I know I'm town, but obviously my play lately is hardly convincing to you all. Still.

Fat4all we can be pretty sure is town, or we have a scum-mayor with no tell. Seems unlikely, and kind of powerful, but technically possible.

Timeaisis is almost certainly town, though I could see a scum version of the thunderdome being a thing with both an override AND a lost partner acting as mitigating factors. Still, Occam is probably on Time's side here. He claims he was attacked and that a BP saved him, which means:

Bronx is claiming bulletproof in a game with a doctor AND a commuter AND someone that could hand out bulletproof vests. Likely scum.

Penguin is claiming Penguin and that the role involves gambling on ... something. I'm not sure. Penguin wasn't sure. It sounds ridiculous, but that might be what makes me think Penguin is telling the truth. Surely Penguin could have come up with something far simpler for a fake claim?

Lone_Prodigy - Threw out a Sorian vote pretty early. I think he was hoping to get enough steam from non-scum to let them hammer and maybe argue it out tomorrow. Likely scum, imo.

Faddy - I will make no comment since I feel like I've tunneled Faddy for awhile.

Fireblend - claims alignment cop, but also claims he was "interfered with" when targeting weemadarthur, which is convenient given that weemadarthur was up against Zipped in the votes. If he clears weemadarthur it almost certainly gets zipped lynched. Sure, he builds town cred, but let's be real, not by much. Still, if we get Zipped it's almost worth it for Sorian to kill Fire to "clear" Penguin/Bronx. IF, and I do stress IF, Fireblend is telling the truth it pretty much gives us the remaining scum. As Lone_Prodigy and Faddy.

DAY 7 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Zippedpinhead (3)
Fat4all 3599 3608
AbsolutBro 3600
Timeaisis 3627
Fat4all 3629

Sorian (0): Lone_Prodigy 3604 3624, Fat4all 3608 3629

No active vote for Day 7: Bronx-Man, Faddy, Fireblend, Lone_Prodigy (has previously voted), Penguin, Sorian, Zippedpinhead

Day 7 ends:
red_1495494000.png

Automated vote tally here

6 votes for majority

Faddy

Banned
Fireblend is clearly scum as well since he claimed a no read on weemad with absolutely nothing to back it up.

I'm fine with Zipped today and Fireblend tomorrow.

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

Fireblend

Banned
I know I'm in a bad position, but I'm really what I said I was. I checked Time last night, and he's scum. That's who I'll vote tomorrow (I'm on mobile atm).

If you guys want to vote Zipped first that's fine, he's probably scum as well, so much so that I didn't bother to check. You can always lynch him, then me, realize I was town and then lynch Time, if you think that can be afforded with Sorian on the loose.

Also, I'm sorry Weemad. I guess you were right about Time. I'm guessing Faddy+Time+Zipped is our scum team, for the record.

I'll be available tomorrow unless you guys wanna turbo first ask questions later.

franconp

The Inmates finally caught another one of the Batman Family.

Inmate 1: So, what the hell are you?

Bat-Mite: I'm an Imp from another dimension.

Inmate 1: So, how do we kill him?

Inmate 2: Let's try shooting him.

Bat-Mite: OUCHHHH

Inmate 2: That doesn't seem to work.

Inmate 1: Maybe we should force him to say his name backwards?

Inmate 2: I think that's from another series, but we can try it.

Bat-Mite: ETIM-TAB

Inmate 2: No, he is still here. Any other idea?

Inmate 1: No clue. I'm not used to kill interdimensional imps.

Inmate 2: This is a good time for the writer to come out with some good Deus Ex Machina to solve our problem.

Franconp: I also don't have a clue.....

Screw it!!!!

fgRVUc2.png

zippedpinhead has died

You are Bat-Mite and you are part of the Batman Family (That means you are mafia).

You are an imp from another dimension who has almost unlimited powers. Also a good example of what happens when a comic book writer start experimenting with weird drugs.

You are a Jack-of-all-trades. You have 6 commands at your disposal:

- NoVote:<Playername>. You will make your target unable to vote the next day phase.
- DoubleVote:<Playername>. You will give your target a double vote the next day phase.
- PostRestriction:<Playername>. You will give your target a post restriction the next day phase. Your target will have to add a sentence in every post or he will be modkilled.
- Roleblock:<Playername>. You will roleblock your target the next night phase. He won't be able to use a night action that night.
- Voyeur:<Playername>. You will follow your target the next night phase and know who did he targeted.
- Poison:<Playername>. You will poison your target. Your target will still be alive during the next day and night phase and, if he isn't cured, will die at the start of the second day phase. Your target will be notified that he has been poisoned.

All of this commands are a one-shot only.

Like all the scum you also have the command Arrest:<Playername> to make a night kill.

The scum thread can be found REDACTED and your teammates are REDACTED. You also have a secret partner. You don't know who he is but he knows who all of you are. He will become a full-fledged member if he is targeted for a night kill (and there will be no night kill) or for investigation. If he becomes a full-fledged member he will gain access to the scum chat.

You also have the power to vote. Use Vote: <Playername> during the day phase. The usual drill.

The game thread is Here

You win when your team has a majority of the votes at the start of the Day Phase.
Day 7 has ended

red_1495580400.png

This night phase will be longer because of the turbo.

Please Send your PM until 2 hours before the deadline

franconp

After a really long night the Inmates wake up and decide to gather to have breakfast, but one of them is missing. The Riddler isn’t around so they decide to check his quarters.

When they arrive to Riddler’s room they find it a mess. There’s a lot of thing tossed in the ground and clear signs of a fight there. They start looking around when they find a tape with the label “WATCH ME” in it so they decide to look it up.

tumblr_npuq7h9aLS1uu8wcao1_500.gif

The Riddler: Hi, I’m The Riddler and if you are watching this that means that Batman caught me. Luckily for all of you I found out Batman identity and where he is. I had that information hidden pretty well but you just need to follow a number of clues that will lead you to some riddles that will lead you to …..

89ae085cd3df3b031c0c624def114b61_tv-turn-off-and-blip-out-on-tv-off-gif_320-240.gif

Inmate 1: Hey, did you turn it off?!

Inmate 2: Yes, I still haven’t had breakfast so I’m not in a mood for riddles. Are you?

Inmate 1: Not really.

Inmate 2: So, let’s leave it and go to have breakfast.

AbsolutBro has died

You are The Riddler and you are part of the Arkham Inmates (that means you are town).

You use your genius intellect to set traps to Batman and also your name is E. Nigma. Someone was really inspired when he came out with that idea.

You are a Watcher. Every night you may use the command Watch: <Playername> to follow your target. At the start of the next day phase you will receive a PM telling you who targeted your target.

You also have the power to vote. Use Vote: <Playername> during the day phase. The usual drill.

The game thread is Here

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Day 8 Begins

red_1495753200.png

Majority is 5.

franconp

Zipped has left a Will:

Zippedpinhead said:
Batman and I are so cool, we have so much fun together. But now I'm dead. I'll go back to my universe with scrappy-doo, cousin Oliver, and all the other misfit characters that were brought in to appeal to kids.
See you in the funny papers!

Top Bottom