• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armed group planning a "Draw Muhammad" contest outside Mosque

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I keep seeing American flags and people with signs saying "support Americans" etc.......are the muslims not American?, what are they then?

TheStruggler

CGNqXUAUYAAmkc3.jpg

TheStruggler

I'm at work so I can't really see it. Do these guys come off more intimidating or more embarrassing?

you have a bunch of people with the American flag supporting american rights etc meanwhile what they don't realise is that those muslims are Americans as well, so I don't think we are dealing with the most intelligent group of people here. If the Muslims played a word association game with them I think they would just leave from the confusion.

riotous

Banned
I'm at work so I can't really see it. Do these guys come off more intimidating or more embarrassing?

I don't see how you can deny the intimidation factor; the "hint hint bring yer guns" stuff was terrible. Especially since they claimed they'd need the guns if their 1st amendment rights were infringed upon, and outright said they expect it to happen.. which implies they'd start a gunfight with any authorities who tried to stop them.

TheStruggler

I don't see how you can deny the intimidation factor; the "hint hint bring yer guns" stuff was terrible. Especially since they claimed they'd need the guns if their 1st amendment rights were infringed upon, and outright said they expect it to happen.. which implies they'd start a gunfight with any authorities who tried to stop them.

I love the fact that the positive protesters do not have any visible weapons at least from what I can see, now when I look at both sides I think, which side looks more pathetic and afraid?

Arizona has very liberal stand your ground laws. Hopefully nobody sees need to use them.

Two Words

I'm not denying that there is a factor of intimidation. I said it depends on how the protest is conducted, which is why I'm asking about it.

pgtl_10

I already spoke to that, let's not go in circles. My position is that the extremists are the "real" problem, but the moderates enable and legitimize them.

Correct. People who believe in democracy are a problem. They vote for extremists who want to attack countries like Iraq to force democracy down people's throats.

See how your logic works?

you dont bring gun to a peaceful protest...period.
Also whom are they protesting? Are they certain that the majority or at least the head firgue of that mosque supports death to cartoonists?

Indicate

"If you do such rallies in the name of America then you shame America just like those who do violent acts in the name of Islam, they shame Islam" - Council on American-Islamic Relations Arizona

There you have it, moderate Muslim leadership on Islamic extremism

Link

The Autumn Wind
you dont bring gun to a peaceful protest...period.
Also whom are they protesting? Are they certain that the majority or at least the head firgue of that mosque supports death to cartoonists?
Can't watch the stream; is anyone there even drawing?

riotous

Banned
I'm not denying that there is a factor of intimidation. I said it depends on how the protest is conducted, which is why I'm asking about it.

Ah gotcha; all talk it seems so far. I personally didn't expect them to actually show up and act intimidating; it's east to talk big on the internet.

Indicate

They just showed someone on the NBC feed with a man wearing a shirt that has the SS symbol and says "Support your local white boy", oh and holding an American flag.

lednerg

NBC's stream has been showing this white supremacist dude there with an SS shirt on yelling. There's no audio, but I'm guessing he wasn't reciting a poem about ponies and rainbows.

JDSN

Banned
The NBC guy is struggling to hide how ridiculous this shit is, oh look a wild white supremacist has appeared.

They just showed someone on the NBC feed with a man wearing a shirt that has the SS symbol and says "Support your local white boy", oh and holding an American flag.

OXqJwuX.gif

lednerg

One side of the street, older white dudes.
Other side of the street, just about every kind of person imaginable.

Good news is the group protecting the mosque seems to be larger, judging by the overhead shots.

Dad

Are they still planning the drawing contest or has it been scaled back to an angry shouting competition?

Indicate

Funny how the organizer who showed himself posing in body armour while holding a gun on his facebook event page is in hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom