• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS launches June 16

Forkball

I would assume there are at least four colors considering team battles.

C-KeSefUIAAPN-J.jpg

I was so concerned about character count, i never thought about costumes/colors.

Now i'm excited to see what they can come up with,dont really care for any of the revealed characters par MinMin right now.

JonnyKong

I think there might be a preview/front cover for this game in next months Edge. They teased their new issue on Facebook earlier today and simply showed a picture of a spring.

jonno394

Decided to look at amazon sales ratings for ARMS

amazon.co.uk - #280
amazon.com - #299

I wonder when (if) this thing will start getting good pre-order numbers. MK8D was high in the charts from the get go.

LordKano

amazon.co.uk - #280
amazon.com - #299

I wonder when (if) this thing will start getting good pre-order numbers. MK8D was high in the charts from the get go.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was marketed since the very first Switch ads. ARMS isn't yet (we're still two months away from its release).

Principate

Saint Titanfall

amazon.co.uk - #280
amazon.com - #299

That's MK8 though. When all's said and done it will probably still remain one of the switches strongest selling titles. I imagine the ramp up will begin when/if the stress test come around. They seem to be following the Splatoon model and that seems to be when the major uptick happened. That will probably only happen once the game has gone gold.

M-PG71C

I was going to place a pre-order on ARMS and Splatoon 2 today on Amazon and oddly, both of them are unavailable. What gives damnit lol!

amazon.co.uk - #280
amazon.com - #299

Because it's Mario Kart. It's a known brand. Hopefully E3 gets people excited for the game and it performs well that weekend.

Haven't some of the very first Switch ads had ARMS in them, too?

Yeah but they haven't showed the beefier stuff to get people's attention. So far it has been bits and bits of promotional material. The really ads will be when they start showing new modes and characters. Plus we don't know anything about story mode.

Also Mario Kart has been promoted on TV and media a lot more since its close to releasing. ARMS has 2 more months.

TheJoRu

May is a pretty dry month in terms of Nintendo content, so I'm guessing they'll have some kind of Splatoon-esque ARMS event in the end of that month. I could see them announcing it alongside their E3 plans, advertising that as well as a streamed ARMS Invitational just before E3.

I think some kind of event just before E3 would be a good idea, and it would make sense then to let us have our first taste of the game before that so we feel a little more invested in the game and its gameplay and characters at that point.

ARMS |OT| An arm-y of me

ARMS |OT| Call to Arms!

ARMS |OT| Knocked out!

ARMS |OT| Sucker Punch

ARMS |OT| Punch Out!

ARMS |OT| Poke a man, rumble!

ARMS |OT| Sping loaded

ARMS |OT| Get sprung

Penguin

Really like that alt costume color

I really think Nintendo needs to get on-board putting this stuff out there in English at the same time.

Ugh...

Slept on it too long. Didn't think they'd be sold out this far away from release.
Both will most likely be available for preorder again closer to release. Amazon was most likely unprepared for the preorder surge from the direct and didn't have that many preorders available.

watershed

Banned
With the Splatoon 2 tournament announced for E3, Nintendo really needs to do the same for Arms if they want this game to have a shot at success. If they don't show it off in a big way, especially selling the competitive angle, this game is gonna get buried by all the other E3 news and hype.

With the Splatoon 2 tournament announced for E3, Nintendo really needs to do the same for Arms if they want this game to have a shot at success. If they don't show it off in a big way, especially selling the competitive angle, this game is gonna get buried by all the other E3 news and hype.

They're already having a upcoming tournament for it so I'm willing to bet they will have one for E3.

jonno394

Any word on how/how well this thing controls via single joycon. I want to buy this but don't want to fork out for a second set of joycons just yet.

I doubt anyone has been able to play it single joycon mode yet, right?

Cerium

amazon.co.uk - #280
amazon.com - #299

You can't preorder Splatoon or ARMS on Amazon right now.

I got my orders in as soon as the listings went up but they've been gone for a while.

LordKano

Any word on how/how well this thing controls via single joycon. I want to buy this but don't want to fork out for a second set of joycons just yet.

I doubt anyone has been able to play it single joycon mode yet, right?

No one has played it with button controls yet.

By the way, if anyone was interested in the neon yellow joycons releasing with the game:

Someone from my local GameStop told me they're taking reservations for them now, and she was only allowed to reserve two sets. Sounds as though they might be hard to find around launch.

Top Bottom