• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

ksamedi

Master Mummy is a lot more agile now. I had trouble dosging with him and mostly went for block bait tactics. I hope I can use some other strategies now as well. Good update.

A new training mode! I know I was the only one asking for it, but I really feel it's important that the game do a better job of training people how to play properly.

Looks like they nerfed my ram rams, the only weapon I could really do well with 😂

Edit: yeah donkey show I noticed that too about Barq. Cute detail for something so few people will see.

RRockman

Banned
Oh my goodness they nerfed the flail punches to gain meter strategy, nerfed both bubb and bobb, this update is simply perfect.

Mechanica is new Best Girl

Changing how the rush gauge gets filled is pretty huge! This is going to be interesting to see how it affects matches from here on.

Neiteio

Jumped into party mode the first time, boy it's frustrating. :( I'm not enjoying it one bit, which is on me but man,...
You should try playing with traditional controls if you haven't already. Motion controls are good, but I personally feel a lot more comfortable with traditional controls.

derFeef

You should try playing with traditional controls if you haven't already. Motion controls are good, but I personally feel a lot more comfortable with traditional controls.
I have not tried motion controls yet. Don't know why I still bother with fighting games, I always suck online and only have fun playing easy AI, haha.

I have not tried motion controls yet. Don't know why I still bother with fighting games, I always suck online and only have fun playing easy AI, haha.

I'm in the same boat as far as fighting games go. Every time I play arms it is pure humiliation.

I think my win percentage is 37%. Some nights I don't win a single match. And I beat Demons Souls without a guide, damn it! But I just suck at fighting games, always have.

I'm hoping the new training teaches me something I'm missing.

Regardless, I'm having a good time with the motion controls, characters and gameplay. I just wish I could win more often...

derFeef

I'm in the same boat as far as fighting games go. Every time I play arms it is pure humiliation.

I think my win percentage is 37%. Some nights I don't win a single match. And I beat Demons Souls without a guide, damn it! But I just suck at fighting games, always have.

I'm hoping the new training teaches me something I'm missing.

Regardless, I'm having a good time with the motion controls, characters and gameplay. I just wish I could win more often...
Also maybe because I have not found my main fighter yet. I like Helix, Mechanica and Mummy. I want do like Cobra but his dash is weird since the charge duration is so short.

Neoxon

Just got back to ARMS after a bit of a Splatoon break (& my little brother hogging the Switch for the last week), & my Twintelle surprisingly didn't get rusty.

Any tips for the Grand Prix mode?

You can save scum matches by saving and quitting when you lose, otherwise I wouldn't invest too much into Grand Prix, it really teaches bad habits. Since the AI reads your inputs I've always found that going really grab heavy works, as soon as you bait a punch go for hte grab. This is bad behavior for playing online though so do what you will.

Played a few ranked matches and the opponent seems to move ridiculously fast around the screen. Like impossible to hit fast. Other times this doesn't happen. Skilled players or network related?

HIR0

Played a few ranked matches and the opponent seems to move ridiculously fast around the screen. Like impossible to hit fast. Other times this doesn't happen. Skilled players or network related?

Happened to me too,
Both times with opponents who were using Min Min.
Anybody know?

Ribbon Girl can be really agile with the triple jump, divebomb and dashes. I have used the dive bomb->dash comb to devastating effect. Climbed a couple ranks because of it. Can look like your hits are not hitting when played against.

derFeef

Sold my retail copy and got it digitally, can't deal with the cartridge switching anymore, heh. Digital is the way to go, even if its 15% more expensive for new games.

Roo

Sold my retail copy and got it digitally, can't deal with the cartridge switching anymore, heh. Digital is the way to go, even if its 15% more expensive for new games.
If it's the kind of game you will keep imaging for a long time then digital is indeed the way to go.

JavyOO7

i haven't played in a while but did play a bit today... its so fun. I played it with the pro controller as Spring Man and it was fun. If you all ever run a tourney then I'm in even if I get my butt kicked. =p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Another successful Monday Night Arms! We had 5 out this time.

I... gotta remember to post reminders in here during the day. ;_;

Anyone who adds me though can just join when they see the lobby open, 8pm eastern on Monday Nights!

Code: 2045-4745-9999

Another successful Monday Night Arms! We had 5 out this time.

I... gotta remember to post reminders in here during the day. ;_;

Anyone who adds me though can just join when they see the lobby open, 8pm eastern on Monday Nights!

Code: 2045-4745-9999

Awesome, didn't know gaffers were doing this. Most of the people I'd added before aren't in game much.

Any other ARMS players add me, I like jumping into party mode often.

Friend code: 5831 - 8153 - 2523

I'm thinking of doing this too. This may be a stupid question but my save game would just keep working when booting up the digital version after coming from physical, right?

derFeef

I'm thinking of doing this too. This may be a stupid question but my save game would just keep working when booting up the digital version after coming from physical, right?

Yep, everything works like a charm. It just download the game after the purchase and you are all set.

played a few matches after a long pause in playing thanks to splatoon 2
lost lots of ranked matches. did keep my rank though but still.
sucks to be out of practice like this.

to be fair. fought a lot of really good high ranked players.
Some i could barely hit and some who i could give good matches. which led to some really good close fights
a certain ninjara and min min stood out

LotusHD

Banned
So, uh...

The JP twitter put a gif up about the new fighter, and it uses NUNCHUCKS.

Here's the link to the tweet.

Shamelessly stolen:

DHUdx1UUMAAG56k.jpg

Top Bottom