• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

jts

...hate me...
In! Grand Prix on level 4, harder than I expected it to be.

Btw can we play V-Ball and Hoops vs CPU or is it just against people, online and local?

edit: sorry didn't the the "1up" in Versus. Got it now.

How on earth do you thaw your character once you get frozen by that ice attack? I keep fighting the same guy who keeps basically destroying me each match by using the attack over and over. Haha.

molnizzle

Been waiting on Amazon.co.jp "verification" for 90 minutes now...

jJ4Y507.png

hao chi

Oh, shit, I didn't see the OT was up yet. I actually messaged Dandy about the GAF Discord. I disabled the link that was posted in the Test Punch thread, and just sent him a new one that is set to never expire.

I'll also post it here in email tags.

https://discord.gg/Z2UYy99

Sorry everyone. I kept meaning to PM Dandy about this, and the release for this game kinda snuck up on me despite it being my most hyped game at the moment.

Can those be redeemed on a Canadian Nintendo account, or did you have to make a Japanese one?
I used my Canadian account, but switched it temporarily to Japan so the purchase would still be tied to my main account. Just go to your Nintendo account settings, change region to Japan, then when you open the eShop it will give you the option to enter in the code. It's in Japanese but it's all laid out the same.

Once you're done and it starts downloading, just change your account region back to Canada. It just takes a minute, and the game will still be in English. I'm playing in French but it will work the same!

Nice way to save $20 in Canada, also comes with a 500 yen off code for Splatoon 2.

Turns out I'm not very good at this game xD I just struggled my way through Level 3 Grand Prix.

But I feel like I'm getting better the more play.

molnizzle

I used my Canadian account, but switched it temporarily to Japan so the purchase would still be tied to my main account. Just go to your Nintendo account settings, change region to Japan, then when you open the eShop it will give you the option to enter in the code. It's in Japanese but it's all laid out the same.

Once you're done and it starts downloading, just change your account region back to Canada. It just takes a minute, and the game will still be in English. I'm playing in French but it will work the same!

Nice way to save $20 in Canada, also comes with a 500 yen off code for Splatoon 2.

This unlinks from your NNID though if you had one from Wii U. I'd rather just have a second user on Switch for future convenience.

SeanR1221

My yellow joy cons still say "processing" at Walmart but delivery is still set for tomorrow.

Hmmmmm. Why do I feel like they'll be delayed.

LegendX48

So tempted to buy this now that I have some extra cash. The beta/test punch was so good. Surprised the game is so small, 2.2gb.

Chauzu

Yeah, I'm wondering if you can do this lol

Just take my US dollars and covert pls

I know some foreign cards work but not all.

Also, if you got a japanese 3DS, you can use foreign cards and it has shared wallet with Switch.

This unlinks from your NNID though if you had one from Wii U. I'd rather just have a second user on Switch for future convenience.
Yep, but then you re-link it as soon as you log back in again. It's no trouble really. And this way you know your purchases are still tied to one account.

JavyOO7

I got the game through amazon jp... I'm so happy XD

Can't wait to play later on! ^_^

edit - And yeah, just changed my account region to Japan and it unlinks your NNID from the Nintendo Account. After doing more reading, found out you can't change the country of your NNID. But then I realize NNID was an WiiU/3DS creation, and my purchase won't show up there but through the Nintendo account anyway. And now my Nintendo Account on My Nintendo has the 70 gold points. Sweet. And I reverted back my Nintendo Account to USA and linked my NNID with no prob.

molnizzle

Yep, but then you re-link it as soon as you log back in again. It's no trouble really. And this way you know your purchases are still tied to one account.

hmm, I might just do it this way then whenever my Amazon.co.jp order if finally verified. It'd be nice to get the MyNintendo benefits on my primary account too.

This was helpful for figuring out how to add a Japanese address to my account. Thanks!

That's perfect! Thank you! My biggest worry was not having the game attached to my account, and potentially losing access to games on an alt account for whatever reason. This makes buying digital codes a lot more reassuring. My BB copy hasn't even shipped yet, so I just went ahead and cancelled that and got it digitally instead. Just gotta... patiently... wait for that verification to complete.

I can't believe this. I can't buy games from the JP store with my European credit card. Thank god I have a Japanese Wii U so I can put money to my Nintendo account and use it in the Switch eshop.

L Thammy

[anecdote]

Was watching YouTube videos on my phone - well, listening to them - and slipped my phone into my pocket so I can do some work. A Grand Theft Auto commercial came on.

"You know the fastest way of getting money? Selling arms."

My first thought was "whoa, Nintendo's suddenly taking such a dark direction for its advertising."

[/anecdote]

Shikoba

Have to admit, this game is a lot of fun to not only play, but watch. You can always tell when that final hit is coming and you know when you goofed lol. So satisfying.

Zenaku

Kept myself partially in the dark, but the game has absolutely no single player campaign, even though I was sure I heard otherwise around when it was announced.

Top Bottom