• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS ver. 3.2 trailer (new character tease!)

I think the new character is just a tease for V4, I'm not sure it's going to be in this 3.2 update. But I could be wrong!

I'm torn. It would admittedly make a lot of sense for Metal Spring to be saved for 4.0, but I also find it odd that he'd be specifically teased in an ARMS 3.2 Trailer. I figure they'd just call it an ARMS Updates Trailer if he was a tease for the future. That said, we don't have long to wait!

Richie

Heads up for Mexican gaffers; the game is discounted to 700 pesos in our national Amazon. That's the equivalent of 36.6 USD, Google tells me.

This is the sorta game I could see myself getting with a big discount...But even with the one just mentioned, I fear it may feel lacking in single player content not too long after starting it. I'll be on the lookout for impressions after tomorrow's update; who knows, it may make it as a Black Friday purchase.

For those unaware, the update is live!

It adds savable replays, Badges, and...

Springtron as an Akuma-style bonus boss. He can be faced in Grand Prix by remaining undefeated until Max Brass. It's unclear if this means don't lose a ROUND or if it only counts losing a MATCH. He's extremely difficult, and is currently not playable.

B00TE

Badge stuff is kinda neat, getting rewards (well, money) is a nice incentive for casual players like myself to seek them out. Showing them off is whatever but hey, more money and a goal to shoot for.

Well I just got 12,000 Arm money by unlocking badges. Holy shit Christmas came early.

Wierd that they don't say what the badges you didn't do are tho. Well someone will have a list soon enough. Really like badges!

Replays suck since you can't save them. Pretty pointless without the video recording and upload to YT feature the OS is supposed to get thats nowhere to be seen.

That's a shame if you can't see what you need to do to get badges.

The badge stuff actually excites me more than new characters. I think I'm done with ranked (topped out at 10) as I'm not really an online gamer and I genuinely find it too intense for my tastes.

Given that, the badge stuff offers me something to work towards that hopefully encourages trying out different characters/arms and so on. I love the gameplay and world their building so this could be a good excuse for me to get another 20/30 hours out of it.

Will update later to see what's what.

p s. Spring Man is best - look forward to challenging his metal doppelganger

sigh.
without a story mode, why should i care about evil springman?
there's so much potential it seems. You need context. context, though

anyhoo, and I guess the other thing is achievements?

Same stance i have. Sadly with the visual novel confirmed i dont think they are going to expand the game in that area.

Dissapointed about mecha springman, would have liked a complete original character, when the boss is already somewhat a more powerful version of springman just slower.

The badgess do seem cool though.

It's great to hear that the badges unlock retro actively. I have taken a break from the game for the last month due to burning out trying to get my online rank from 14 to 15.
The competition at the level is slightly out of my reach but I am determined to get to 15.

Regiruler

Well I just got 12,000 Arm money by unlocking badges. Holy shit Christmas came early.

Wierd that they don't say what the badges you didn't do are tho. Well someone will have a list soon enough. Really like badges!

Replays suck since you can't save them. Pretty pointless without the video recording and upload to YT feature the OS is supposed to get thats nowhere to be seen.

There was no way to watch replays of fights vs online players. For the purpose of self-improvement, this is a good addition.

Top Bottom