• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

"What great Green Arrow stories from the comics can we adapt this season?"

"What about the one where the hero gathers up all the vigilantes inspired by him so that they can get organized and make a bigger difference together?"

"You mean Batman Incorporated?"

"Exactly!"

It actually sounds like the Outsiders, which was another Batman formed team.

ZeroX03

Banned
I am for 3/4's of it but we just know Uncle Guggie will screw up the Arrow quarter with more Felicity relationship drama bs to get Tumblr all a flutter.

Hey I'm not down for this bullshit this season.

Guggenheim's one of five producers on the show, he's not solely devoted to Arrow nor is he the guy right at the top with the final say on story. None of this blaming Guggenheim for everything or saying unfounded shit like "the good writers went to Flash". You don't need to play the blame game or make things up, if you want to criticize the show, there's plenty of reasonable things you can take shots at.

Let's be better than Reddit ffs.

ZeroX03

Banned
He's the only one engaging with the crazies, which translates into the BS we see

Here's the thing, being the producer who speaks to the media doesn't actually make you responsible for every little thing. Any remotely big plot point is being run past Berlanti, and the minutiae through Mericle. And you know, everyone else who makes the show.

This whole dumping everything on one person is such a toxic fandom thing. We don't need to be the other side of the crazy coin.

Here's the thing, being the producer who speaks to the media doesn't actually make you responsible for every little thing. Any remotely big plot point is being run past Berlanti, and the minutiae through Mericle. And you know, everyone else who makes the show.

This whole dumping everything on one person is such a toxic fandom thing. We don't need to be the other side of the crazy coin.

No doubt they share the blame, but there's no way he's not pushing certain ideas based on the subset of fans he chooses to interact with.

At least he doesn't kill of a character because she's gay.

He only forces them to marry a straight male :^)

It means he is the one taking responsibility and talking to the fans. That is all. And it is a lot better than what most showrunners do.

Taking responsibility? Ehh. Talking to the fans? The wrong fans tbh

ZeroX03

Banned
Also what fans are tweeting at producers saying "hey can you break up the main couple and have lots of drama"? It's not the Olicity shipping ones, that's for sure. Like the the three Laurel fans?

You're making assumptions. Criticize the show, not an assumed perception of a person's actions.

As if it's a stretch...

tumblr_inline_o50q8f24al1stk93d_540.jpg

If the others are on Twitter, he is probably willing to talk to them as well. Not the ones that attack him and just heckle him.

Doubtful. He'll likely sidestep their points like he does for online Q&As and the Cons he attends.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Where is my Senate hearing on Guggenheim's crimes? He must be held accountable.

No doubt they share the blame, but there's no way he's not pushing certain ideas based on the subset of fans he chooses to interact with.

The writer of the script isn't the person who decides the story beats. That's a group effort.

That is called a joke.

No u

Where is my Senate hearing on Guggenheim's crimes? He must be held accountable.

I'll settle for this
https://www.change.org/p/the-cw-fire-marc-guggenheim-from-arrow

ZeroX03

Banned
Amell on FB teased that not all the photos he's putting online are from Arrow #100... so I guess some could be from #99 or #101. It would make sense, shooting the crossover is probably a scheduling nightmare so they're switching between eps.

Joni

That is another excellent casting scoop. They are at least hitting the mark there.

Holy shit and its the cross over episode of all things, how the fuck are they going to fit all of this into one single episode o_O

What if the crossover takes place on Earth-2? The heroes have to cross dimensions to take them on, leading them to meet
Robert and Moira

Finally caught up with all the trailers and stuff .
Looking forward to this .
S4 was better than 3 but they can do better letw hope they get there.

Hystzen

I watched season 4 finale forgot the hilarious part where Darkh and Ollie take turns in punching each other in face

Sölf;218631404 said:
Yeah, well, okay, but where is Tommy?

Saving him for the Crime Syndicate season

Supergirl vs Ultraman and Superwoman
Flash vs Johnny Quick
Arrow vs Owlman (Tommy Merlyn instead of Thomas Wayne Jr.)
Legends vs Power Ring and a team of JLA dopplegangers

Cautiously optimistic about this season. I am still disheartened about killing Laurel after developing her character, especially when she became a competent member of the team.

Top Bottom