• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

Yes, yes, yes! Please, CW, do this!
He can start as a crazy madman, Ollie can save him!

Yep. Azrael would be a great candidate for a show. Not just because how nicely he would fit, but also he's superhuman level, but not Flash-league. It would be bassicaly like having almost Mirakuru-like lead character. This would make it feel different from both Arrow and Flash. Plus with him being the member of crazy organization would also lead to very different storylines than pure vigilante Olie and lab geek Barry.

Plus dude is on some level mentally ill, that;s always fun :)

Wiktor

I want the Red Hood to show up on Arrow, played by Jensen Ackles. You could just have him be this mysterious psychotic vigilante who appears out of nowhere. You don't need to have Batman be part of his origin.

Yeah. That would own too. Ackles' Supernatural involvment means he wouldn't be able to reccur too often, but I'm sure he could squeeze one episode in a year and it would be absolutely glorious.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Warner/DC should link Arrow/Flash to the DCU by showing Oliver watching Zod's message to Earth in MoS, and making him and Flash battling one of Zod's soldiers.

That sounds too good, so obviously Warner/DC wont do it.

demolitio

Warner/DC should link Arrow/Flash to the DCU by showing Oliver watching Zod's message to Earth in MoS, and making him and Flash battling one of Zod's soldiers.

That's a little overboard to me since they seem like such different universes. I don't see Oliver being able to take on Zod's minions right now either.

Just because they can, doesn't mean they should in my opinion.

Ripclawe

Banned
02b75128c69911e381f90002c9550c5a_8.jpg

emilybett
6 days ago
I won't see this man for a while but our days together are unlimited. You make my life brighter and less poised. @coltonlhaynes see you June xx
c0d34aa0c26a11e3bb250002c955bac6_8.jpg

emilybett
21 hours ago
Once again, if you break into my phone for selfies sake I WILL post it @amellywood
11019b96c69c11e396100002c9991538_8.jpg

Jesus Christ no.

Arrow and MoS are so tonally different that it just wouldn't work out.

Not to mention that the timeline doesn't match up. AT ALL.

rokero

you-are-tearing-me-apart-lisa-o.gif

Honestly, Nightwing is propably too connected to Batman to gueststar. He just doesnt exist or even make any sense without the big Bat himself.

If they want to bring one of Batman's little helpers then Jean-Paul Valley, still as Azrael, would make a lot more sense and would fit very well into Arrowverse, with potential for spin-off if he catches on.
After Dick Grayson Jean Paul Valley is my favorite Batman character his flaming sword badassery would be a welcome addition to Arrow a Nysa al ghul's league of assassins vs The order of saint Dumas episode would be epic

ReiGun

I would be shocked if it wasn't on the table to fold the two together.

Flash will be the deciding point. If it gets the reaction WB is hoping for, I can see them using Grant as the Flash in the JLA movie, effectively merging the two.

Jesus Christ no.

Arrow and MoS are so tonally different that it just wouldn't work out.

Not to mention that the timeline doesn't match up. AT ALL.

With the Flash stuff going on soon I don't think its a big deal.
Flash can lean towards Superman's world and Arrow can continue to lean towards Batman.

It will seem a little weird at first but the second Batman and Superman are in the same movie it will all come together.
They are way beyond the standard Nolan universe at this point.

I think its worth it just to have Amell Ollie and Manu Slade in the movie universe.

Wiktor

Problem is anyone trained by Bats can easily take out Green Arrow.

Huh? Green Arrow in comics is at least on the level of Batman combat skills wise. Bats is way more intelligent, so with prep time he would win, but without prep time the fight would be pretty even and Green Arrow would steam roll over anyone Batman has trained, with possible exception of Azrael, since hes not really fully human..

BBboy20

Thats not a fare comparison,
if you go by TV then Wonder Woman had a show nearly 40 years ago.
I'm just going by today's environment. CW and Marvel Studios next stuff isn't even adapting the debuts other big players but delving right into niche territory and having confidence they'll succeed while DC seems to be scrambling when it comes to their films because all I see in the horizon is Superman (and Batman).

Wiktor

I'm just going by today's environment. CW and Marvel Studios next stuff isn't even adapting the debuts other big players but delving right into niche territory and having confidence they'll succeed while DC seems to be scrambling when it comes to their films because all I see in the horizon is Superman (and Batman).

At the same time Marvel would rather make a movie with a talking racoon than attempt to make a movie with female or black lead.

And plenty of more obscure DC IPs are turned into live action, just mostly on TV.

Marvel is in very comfortable position right now. They built their movie universe so well that being part of it is enough to generate hype. It doesn't matter if the comic book source is popular or niche, as long as the movie will be decent it will be success solely based on being part of MU.

Meanwhile DC stumbled around a lot and nowadays with each movie they pretty much have to start from scratch.

ReiGun

I'll be happy whenever a Wonder Woman show or movie finally does happen so we can stop with the "XYZ is happening before Wonder Woman?!" shit.

Oh who am I kidding? We'll probably just change it to "So what WW is coming? XYZ happened before it!"

Meanwhile DC stumbled around a lot and nowadays with each movie they pretty much have to start from scratch.
Nolan had them in a tough spot.
Can't really build a good DC universe with basically everything Batman related on lockdown for Nolan(including freaking cartoons).
Superman was in cool down following Returns in 2006 which on paper made the most sense but even if it was successful what could they do after that?
Nolan thing ends up being worth it though.

Marvel would be in the same position had they not had full use of Iron Man and Captain America.

ReiGun

I'm still of the opinion that WB was better off not worrying about the shared universe stuff and just making whatever. But in this post Avengers world, I guess that's impossible.

ReiGun

I'm not saying I don't want Superman/Batman. Rather, I'm saying I wish they could just make that and whatever else they want without worrying about making sure it all ties together. But again, in this post Avengers world, that can't happen.

So Arrow family I binged watched all of season and just saw ep 15. Forgive my sins, school and work ish.

I love Slade so much, that tension in the living room, I was like ohh, this is so...so man that staredown Ollie.

So Arrow family I binged watched all of season and just saw ep 15. Forgive my sins, school and work ish.

I love Slade so much, that tension in the living room, I was like ohh, this is so...so man that staredown Ollie.
Yup, so good

Whish I could binge watch this show but it and POI I just can't miss an episode of.

samueeL

Banned
Anyone up for finale speculation? I guess I won't put anything in spoilers since it's just my thoughts of what I'd like to see and what we know so far.

It seems to be obvious that there's gonna be two big fights. Arrow vs. Deathstroke in both present time and on the island. How does Merlyn fit this then? No idea. I could see Merlyn and Oliver fighting Slade together but at the same time what I'd REALLY want to see is small redemption for Slade and him and Oliver being brothers again and fighting something together. Or One saving others life somehow. I don't want him to turn all good but small redemption would be nice.

Sadly I think Sara is gonna be gone at some point, the question is mostly if it's gonna be this season or the next? and how is she gonna die so that Oliver thinks she's dead? If she died on the island, how did she get out? Somehow I think she gets off the island with Oliver but when's that gonna happen? The ship sinks, doesn't it? Remember seeing it that way in the first episode of season 2.

Exciting times ahead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom