• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

In that case it's up to her if she accepts that, it's unusual for an actor to choose to stay as a guest star (it'd be her choice unless she's desparate for work, which I doubt) but it happens when they want more freedom (Chris Noth in The Good Wife).

Not sure why she'd be averse to another year of steady work. It's not like she's any kind of star. She's done some indie movies, some TV guest spots, and an MTV show that no one watched and was quickly canceled.

Wait, wait, wait... What? Budget cut and ratings falling? WTF this season is miles better than the previous one.

Yeah, the ratings were better last season and this season got a budget cut despite that. Can't imagine next season won't as well.

I'll be happy whenever a Wonder Woman show or movie finally does happen so we can stop with the "XYZ is happening before Wonder Woman?!" shit.

Oh who am I kidding? We'll probably just change it to "So what WW is coming? XYZ happened before it!"

I still have zero faith in WB to do WW.

POI hmm, in 1 sentence why would you recommend it?

Because it is one of the best and most timely television shows that you will ever watch.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Yeah, the ratings were better last season and this season got a budget cut despite that. Can't imagine next season won't as well.

At least it is still among the highest CW shows watched, if Supernatural went 10 seasons with similar ratings, i feel safe for the future of Arrow.

Clevinger

At least it is still among the highest CW shows watched, if Supernatural went 10 seasons with similar ratings, i feel safe for the future of Arrow.

Yeah, I think it should be safe for a while, as long as CW as a whole stays healthy in the coming years (which is kind of questionable in my view). Just don't be too surprised when you see stuff like Misha Collins being upped and demoted from series regular due to budgets.

And, oddly, Supernatural in Season 9 gets better ratings than Arrow does in Season 2. It has one hell of a dedicated audience.

Joni

If Lotz gets promoted to a regular, they will wait until after the season finale. Giving that news now would spoil if she survives in the present day or not.
Indeed. They need to keep it quiet until after the finale. They might not even make big public statements if there are no big cast changes. Emily was a guest star that became very important to the show.

Budget cuts are normal. There is nothing to worry about.

And, oddly, Supernatural in Season 9 gets better ratings than Arrow does in Season 2. It has one hell of a dedicated audience.
Supernatural is also paired with another hit unlike Arrow. Supernatural has The Originals as a lead-in, Arrow cold-starts the evening and leads into The 100/The Tomorrow People. Last year, Arrow was combined with Supernatural. They had two hits on the evening which meant more people had a reason to tune in. I wouldn't expect Supernatural to hold steady next year as it will move, or The Originals will move. The CW is building up its nights. They had two hits two years ago. They now have four, enough to cover every important evening. They need another 2 hit shows to be safe.

Supernatural is also paired with another hit unlike Arrow. Supernatural has The Originals as a lead-in, Arrow cold-starts the evening and leads into The 100/The Tomorrow People. Last year, Arrow was combined with Supernatural. They had two hits on the evening which meant more people had a reason to tune in. I wouldn't expect Supernatural to hold steady next year as it will move, or The Originals will move. The CW is building up its nights. They had two hits two years ago. They now have four, enough to cover every important evening. They need another 2 hit shows to be safe.

I'm assuming next year Arrow will be paired with Flash, probably moving Arrow to the 9:00 slot since Flash will likely be lighter in tone.

Joni

I'm assuming next year Arrow will be paired with Flash, probably moving Arrow to the 9:00 slot since Flash will likely be lighter in tone.
I wouldn't take that as a certainty. They split up The Originals from The Vampire Diaries. I think they'll use their 'kingmaker' Supernatural again. Supernatural launched The Vampire Diaries, Arrow and The Originals. If Flash is their biggest new show, I wouldn't feel it strange to launch it with Supernatural.

ZeroX03

Banned
Flash / Arrow pairing, sounds like a great fucking two hours to me.

Not sure why she'd be averse to another year of steady work. It's not like she's any kind of star. She's done some indie movies, some TV guest spots, and an MTV show that no one watched and was quickly canceled.

But if you're not a regular, it's not steady work. A guest star doing long term work is usually bad for everyone involved, for the actor it means inconsistent pay / lack of job security, and for the writing staff it means they have an actor who can walk at any time and mess up storylines. Not announcing an actor being made a regular or keeping them in the dark about their future on a show is not a good thing, though again there's a few exceptions (for example Mad Men/Breaking Bad reputation boosts actors popularity or The Good Wife being very flexible and accommodating to NYC actors). We won't know until the end of the season what decision was made though, it's just speculation.

What I've been assuming as well, hoping it happens and CW doesn't split the shows onto different nights. I'd like to see CW/WB promote the hell out of them too but my expectations of that happening are quite low.

ReiGun

There's no way they don't pair Flash and Arrow. It makes too much sense. I don't know how The 100 is doing, but I doubt its doing so well that CW is married to keeping it on WED at 9.

Wiktor

I think it's bizzare that S2 has smaller budget, when the show not only looks a lot better than S1, but also has more regulars in the cast.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think it's bizzare that S2 has smaller budget, when the show not only looks a lot better than S1, but also has more regulars in the cast.

Season 1 had a lot more crowd shots, expensive areas to film, etc. The quality of scripts, stunts, shooting have all improved to more than compensate though. Skill > money.

DieH@rd

Banned
Season 1 had a lot more crowd shots, expensive areas to film, etc. The quality of scripts, stunts, shooting have all improved to more than compensate though. Skill > money.

In S2 they saved a lot of money by not introducing any new set. We have same old locations - Lex Luthor's mansion, Oliver's corporate floor, Verdant, Arrow-cave and Laure's apartment [that was raided 5 times but she refuses to move :D].

Wiktor

In S2 they saved a lot of money by not introducing any new set. We have same old locations - Lex Luthor's mansion, Oliver's corporate floor, Verdant, Arrow-cave and Laure's apartment [that was raided 5 times but she refuses to move :D].

Oh come on. There have been plenty of new sets this season. They might be reusing older ones, but to claim there were no new ones is false.

Wiktor

Amazo was the only memorable and large set they made in S2.

That's still a set and they had too build essentially two sets for it, outside and inside. There have also been plenty of new smaller sets too.

Now, don't get me wrong. They're clearly reusing a lot of older sets to save money and are pretty damn creative about it, but to say there have been no sets is just untrue.

A plus side of smaller budget is that Starling City feels more unique than it was in S1, where it was clearly Canada.

Wiktor

Maybe Mirakuru was derived from the Lazarus, and that was the real reason the Japanese were on the island.

Or maybe they sought Lazarus Pit as means to make Mirakuru safe to take, instead of killing most of people injected with it. Pits have regenerative powers, so it would fit if they wanted to extract something from them that would increase survival rate.

DieH@rd

Banned
Problem of Mirakuru lethality is solved. Felicity clearly stated that this StarLabs centrifuge could ease the subjects and ensure they survive.

I don't think we will see Lazarus Pit anytime soon.

Problem of Mirakuru lethality is solved. Felicity clearly stated that this StarLabs centrifuge could ease the subjects and ensure they survive.
Yeah but the Japanese during WW2 could have been looking for a way to make it less lethal.

We aren't saying they have to do it,
just a way to fit it in.

i never knew colton hayes was bi-sexual

so there hope for me after all lol

sarahywlc0.gif

He's mine, damnit!

I would also settle for Sin.

Joni

I want the Red Hood to show up on Arrow, played by Jensen Ackles. You could just have him be this mysterious psychotic vigilante who appears out of nowhere. You don't need to have Batman be part of his origin.
I'm watching Under the Red Hood right now and Ackles is killing it as the Red Hood.

Maybe Mirakuru was derived from the Lazarus, and that was the real reason the Japanese were on the island.

I figured perhaps the Lazarus Pits play into it also seeing the pure color of it and what it provides, I guess I could see them using the Lazurus Pits since they're basically the "Fountain of Youth". Still hope they either tone its powers down or make it clear what the restrictions are, especially with long dead characters. Really don't want it to become just a plot device to resurrect a bunch dead characters.

You forgot to add the "[" and "]".

Also, what does this mean?
Spoiler.

Guessing either Sara's island death or momma Queen gets assassinated.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really preferred this show when The Arrow actually killed people.

ZeroX03

Banned
I really preferred this show when The Arrow actually killed people.

I fucking hated it at first, but the Oliver's character evolution away from killing it was satisfying.

It's going to be pretty funny come season 5 when Green Arrow is using the boxing glove arrow while island Oliver has become a brutal killing machine. Don't worry, there will be plenty of killing to satiate your bloodlust.

demolitio

Look at where he was trying to shoot Summer Glau. Those were killshots if Slade didn't step in.

Yea, whether he saw that as a necessary action or personal revenge, he definitely wasn't going for the non-lethal route.

He'll kill if he has to in the end and that's good enough for me.

Wiktor

"No kill" rules are idiotic. I like how Arrow handled it. He's not killing everybody he fights, but when it necessary he doesn't have problems with murder.

ZeroX03

Banned
Its just a shame that Vertigo had to die. He was such an awesome villian.

Arrow villains tend to suck hard compared to their comic counterparts when they're first introduced. Every villain that gets to come back usually significantly improves as the writer figures out their character though. Count Vertigo, Deadshot, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom