• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Nz45xzE.jpg

Sara was Ollie's mom in the comics?!

Yeah. Even as I admit that AoS has gotten better, Arrow is just on another level. It really does stand toe to toe with any of the superhero movies. The characters are developed well (yes, that includes Laurel, who I think they've started to turn around in the latter half of this season), the pacing is amazing, the plot is engaging, and the show has mostly left its "Batman with a bow" beginnings to become its own thing. It really is a great program.

I said that AoS had used Cap 2 to one-up Arrow(not in an actual quality way, just in the general status.)
but Arrow fires back with episodes like this. That "I know" scene had to be one of my favorite scenes of the series.

pretty much my only negative with the entire series(and its a silly personal thing)
is that it would be better with a Batman filter than the Green Arrow one.

I know, right!? Before this show, GA was just that guy I kinda liked from the Justice League cartoons. Now I'm actively seeking out comics featuring the guy.

If Flash manages to be this good...man. Like I said, I would be totally okay with WB/DC putting more focus on television.

Yeah. Even as I admit that AoS has gotten better, Arrow is just on another level. It really does stand toe to toe with any of the superhero movies. The characters are developed well (yes, that includes Laurel, who I think they've started to turn around in the latter half of this season), the pacing is amazing, the plot is engaging, and the show has mostly left its "Batman with a bow" beginnings to become its own thing. It really is a great program.
The last comic character I had such a total reversal with like this was Iron Man. Before RDJ The most Iron Man I'd read was a trade of Demon in a bottle. And a brief stint in his late 90's (I'm a teen again!) era.

Never had much love for the character...

First movie changed that just like Arrow has with GA. Little different circumstances though. RDJ is why I love Iron Man. The entire show is why I love Green Arrow.

I said that AoS had used Cap 2 to one-up Arrow(not in an actual quality way, just in the general status.)

but Arrow fires back with episodes like this.
pretty much my only negative with the entire series(and its a silly personal thing)

Really the only failure of the show (in season 2) is that they've totally abandoned the fact that Oliver Queen has distinctly left-liberal politics in the comics. That's supposed to be a pretty defining aspect of his character.

Holy fuckballs! Four part season finale indeed.

I figured Moira was a goner and commented on that a few days ago but I still didn't think it would happen in this episode. Even the flash back I figured it would play a part in giving Ollie another thing to worry about and I probably should've been like "yup" she's dying tonight when she told him that she knew I wonder though, did she figure out Ollie was the Arrow before or after she shot him? Actually that and when she went back on withdrawing should've been the moment. Then the moment all three of them were in the limo and the scene lasted more than five second you just knew that limo was gonna get wrecked, at least Moira didn't go out like a chump. :( Malcolm is gonna be pissed.

Royd raging through the episode became an after thought just a couple minutes after he was caught, crazy shit. I guess Sara's going to go find Nyssa or something. I swear that corset had to get tighter and the canaries more prominent in every episode.

This damn show deserves much better live ratings than it currently gets.

ReiGun

but Arrow fires back with episodes like this. That "I know" scene had to be one of my favorite scenes of the series.

Of course you think it'd be better with Batman. :p

The Cap crossover in AoS was insane, I'll admit. It got me wanting to follow the show again, at least.

Really the only failure of the show (in season 2) is that they've totally abandoned the fact that Oliver Queen has distinctly left-liberal politics in the comics. That's supposed to be a pretty defining aspect of his character.
I wouldn't be surprised if that comes more into play in the latter seasons. Even as early as next season. Ollie being a politically minded super liberal wouldn't have rung true to his stupid trust fund kid self in the past or his crazy vigilante self after leaving the island. Now, after all he's been through and his new desire to save the city? I could see him becoming more politically minded.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
After reading the Outsiders War arc in the current New 52 comics i'm CONVINCED that they could use that as the main arc for a season.

RedAssedApe

Banned
AOS Sstill got nothing on this show even after tws tie ins.

I called it.
Still trying to process everything, god damn it that ending.

How'd you call it when you said it was a "rumor" you heard lol

Sounds like whomever just had access to spoilers and just knew exactly what was going to happen. :p

mm04

I have no idea how this show moves at the breakneck speed it does. They really REALLY made me hate Slade tonight. Damn this show.

Wookieomg

God damn this episode. Epic. Moira.. ;_; I'm glad they gave that actress some time to shine and to re-emphasize how family-centric she was. All the more noble by the end..

And fuck. I thought Slade might let her live and take his rage out on Ollie for a second there. Was that a tear going down his face? The sword through the chest.. Oh man oh man. Ollie is gonna go BERSERK.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY?! WHY?!!

First they tease my arrow with flash back certified MILF Moira Queen then they kill her?! How can you be so cruel!!! Slade has to die. That swag I knew it would be used for evil!

At least she went out a boss with a sword through her. I'll miss you :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
- Those flashbacks were straight up Soap Opera. I cannot imagine how a Ollie lovechild in this show could end up being a positive and I'm wondering if they're gonna go the Angel route and have the kid involved with some time travel shenanigans related to The Flash and have him show up as a mysterious teenager/adult.
And then Thea will try to sleep with him before finding out she's his aunt. Get to work Wozzly.

ReiGun

After reading the Outsiders War arc in the current New 52 comics i'm CONVINCED that they could use that as the main arc for a season.

That would mean getting a live action version of Richard Dragon and Onyx...

Yes. They should do that. "Outsiders War." Make it happen, Arrow writers.

Z3Dr2kv.png

A bit of Asian and/or African American in there?

How old was Connor Hawke when he was introduced in the comics? He should be what, 7-10 years old at this point? Honestly, they've got Roy, they could hold out on Connor for years.

Well, in the comics apparently Connor's mother was Korean/Black, so maybe.

rexor0717

No, they can't do this to me. Moira was one of my favorite parts of the show. :(
I really like how the shot the scene of her execution though.

Clevinger

Show of hands, guys: who actually enjoys Roy/Colton Haynes in this show? Just forget about the comics and Red Arrow and all that. The Roy of this show, so far.

ZeroX03

Banned
Well, in the comics apparently Connor's mother was Korean/Black, so maybe.

That was my point, they picked a biracial actress because of the Connor Hawke connection.

Show of hands, guys: who actually enjoys Roy/Colton Haynes in this show? Just forget about the comics and Red Arrow and all that. The Roy of this show, so far.

I don't mind him, but I preferred him earlier in the season when he wanted to be a hero, but was not yet Mirakuru'd. Seems they're basically just using the plotline as filler until they want to start a proper Red Arrow / Arsenal storyline.

ReiGun

I think he's alright. Not great or a standout, but this season, I haven't been as annoyed by him as I was last season.

I agree with ZeroX03 that he was at his best trying to be a hero. I wish we could have gotten more of him as a sidekick training with Ollie before he got all Mirakuru'd out.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I... what... the. FUCK!?!?!?!? THIS GOD DAMN SHOW!!!!!! I get hot ass MILF Moira only to get it taken away in the same god damn episode?!?!? Slade just doesn't give a shit, this is amazing. Here's the thing though, I don't want him to die. I want the "is he good is he bad?" Deathstroke from the comics.

Every comic book show needs to be this way from now on.

Nyanmaruz

DAMNNNN...When Slade said "There is still one person that has to die...before this can end" I thought they actually had the balls to kill off both Moira and Thea in the same episode!!! DAMN THAT WOULD BE INSANE!!

ReiGun

Calling it now: Slade gets defeated and is locked away in Blackgate. He's brooding, thinking on his defeat, waiting to carry out his sentence when he gets a visitor.

Amanda_Waller_(Arrow)_001.png

"Welcome, Mr. Wilson, to the Suicide Squad."

Calling it now: Slade gets defeated and is locked away in Blackgate. He's brooding, thinking on his defeat, waiting to carry out his sentence when he gets a visitor.

Amanda_Waller_(Arrow)_001.png

"Welcome, Mr. Wilson, to the Suicide Squad."

Then we get a Suicide Squad show. The weekly exploits of Slade, Deadshot, and Bronze Tiger kicking ass and not even bothering with names.

MC_Hify

Finally! Finally Oliver admits to himself that he didn't choose Sara over Shadow.

One more to kill? Gotta be Sara right?

And Sara left because she's bad for Oliver right when they are in the middle of it with Slade? Bullshit, she went to go see "an old friend" maybe somebody that was in the League but is not anymore, Merlyn.

The way Oliver just passed out in pure shock really captured the moment perfectly to me. I'm surprised no one really mentioned that. Him and Thea reacted in 2 different ways

Clevinger

One more to kill? Gotta be Sara right?

Think he means Oliver. In his big revenge speech he said after he's done destroying/corrupting everyone around him, he'd stick an "arrow" through Ollie's eye. So he's prolly gonna savor Ollie's ruin for a little while more before offing him.

ReiGun

Sara's going to get Batgirl... BELIEVE!!!!!

Fixed. And they're gonna bust Helena out of prison.

While all the boys can always save the day, no one does it better, no one does it better than the Birds of Prey

Gail Simone will shed tears watching the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom