• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As a minority how do you feel about living in America currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatling

Biracial girl. Having a hard time really, but Ive been having more and more of a hard time leading up to this. Dating a white guy who didn't vote and couldn't really care about the issues that mean a lot to me and others. Being surrounded by white friends who don't have the spine enough to involve themselves when it comes to issues regarding minorities. What do they think of me? Do they think I'm one of the good ones?

Its embarrassing to be outside surrounded by people who can't even look you in the eye. But is that in my head? Just tension from everything?

I'm mixed race but mostly Hispanic, born in the 80's, single, and more-or-less middle class.

I feel fairly indifferent, I read a lot of overreaction. Maybe it hasn't hit me yet or if anything even will.

My gated community is quite gated, and I work with professionals. I'm good here.

But the shit isn't about me. It's about opportunity, freedoms and liberties for every minority and woman. Until we see the myriad of issues subside, I will remain active.

Hispanic and live in California so I'm in pretty good hands. Likewise with some of my LGBT+ friends and people I know that are here on work visas.

California gots there backs and I'll help out if I can.

My gated community is quite gated, and I work with professionals. I'm good here.

But the shit isn't about me. It's about opportunity, freedoms and liberties for every minority and woman. Until we see the myriad of issues subside, I will remain active.

This is exactly how I feel. I am a black person but I kind of live in a privilege bubble. Many of the socially progressive ideas that I am for actually don't affect me one bit but I so want to see the lives of those who have to fight everyday moving forward. I want to see the United States moving forward. That is when America will be greater.

Dr. Buni

I could say I am grateful, but since I live in Brazil, I have been experiencing how it feels to be a minority in a country that gives no shits about it for a long time.

I feel more for my American trans friends, hope this doesn't mess too much with their plans and life.

axb2013

1st gen Muslim immigrant. I work at a place that's sort of a bubble that resisted all the changes that occurred since 1960's. The day of Trump's win, I was first denied entrance to the lunch room, then it was considered OK to put bacon on my plate.

They've been getting bolder all week with provocations. Before you suggest HR, the place is pro Trump top to bottom. Their solution would likely be to remove the problem rather than try to change the mentality of hundreds of employees after decades of ignorance have shaped it's identity.

I definitely feel less comfortable, I am actually tense in public, have been for a while and think it will get worse.

I blame the democrats leadership for Trump's win. Sanders would have beat him, Biden would have destroyed him.

I hope she doesn't run again, it would guarantee him a 2nd term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom