• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ashley from Warioware confirmed for smash 4 via assist trophy

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wario Ware has some of the best Nintendo character design ever.

Anyone who expected her to be a playable character didn't have realistic expectations.

That being said, I'm stoked to see her in the game! Hopefully she's a fun AT.

HUELEN10

is this a suicide video

on a related note, has wario ever been indicted for his unlawful child employments
Of course not. What employees? He never paid them. It's why half of his staff left in DIY to start their own publishing and development studio.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Can I just add how weird Ashley's Theme Song is?

"Eye of newt
I cast a hex on you.
Grandma's wig
This will make you big.
Kitten spit
Soon, your pants won't fit.
Pantalones giganticus!
Oh no, not again...
"

Is this, like, implying what I think it means? When I first actually listened to the lyrics of the song I raised an eyebrow.

Neiteio

I really like her character model. Good stuff!

EDIT: Just read the post above mine:

whoa-thumb.jpg

"Eye of newt
I cast a hex on you.
Grandma's wig
This will make you big.
Kitten spit
Pantalones giganticus!
Oh no, not again...
"

Is this, like, implying what I think it means? When I first actually listened to the lyrics of the song I raised an eyebrow.
I think they literally just threw in whatever would rhyme and didn't expect anyone to pay too close attention to the actual lyrics.
Or play the song backwards either, if that GRANTING KIDS TO HELL thing happening a decade ago is any indication.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Anyone who expected her to be a playable character didn't have realistic expectations.

That being said, I'm stoked to see her in the game! Hopefully she's a fun AT.

My expectations were realistic, it isnt some insane concept to think she would be playable.

MisterHero

When Ashley debuted in Warioware Touched she was like a mini-mascot for the DS itself. She was on the edge of future gaming and Wario let her go. What a silly publisher.

Zalman

"Eye of newt
I cast a hex on you.
Grandma's wig
This will make you big.
Kitten spit
Pantalones giganticus!
Oh no, not again...
"

why have i never noticed this

My expectations were realistic, it isnt some insane concept to think she would be playable.

She's very much a side character in a series that hardly counts as one of Nintendo's more important ones. Everything about that screams Assist Trophy...especially after seeing a much more popular character, Skull Kid, getting the treatment.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
She's very much a side character in a series that hardly counts as one of Nintendo's more important ones. Everything about that screams Assist Trophy...especially after seeing a much more popular character, Skull Kid, getting the treatment.

MM Skull Kid appears in one game. Sure they appear in OoT but there they are hardly significant.

The Wario Ware characters are all main characters in there own right. Obviously Wario is the star but the game basically treats the the cast equally. And the more significant point is that she's appeared in more than one game.

Seriously, in what world is Skull Kid more important than Ashley in relevance to their series?

Please note I'm not saying she should have been a character, but Skull Kid is hardly indicative of anything.

explain
They have thoughts of penis.

Javier

I also wanted her playable, but I'm happy she's in the game at all.

Someone out there is probably making Skull Kid x Ashley fanfiction right now.

NotLiquid

Well that's one character I really wanted deconfirmed. Tomorrow Sakurai will probably ruin my biggest dreams and confirm a Wonderful 101 assist trophy.

Oh well, there's always hope for Captian Syrup... right?

Fun bit of trivia. The singer for Ashley's theme in Brawl made a blog post that she had done voice work for a character called Ashley in Super Mario Smash. This post was dated a few months before the Dojo update (whereupon people found it by googling the singers name).

Imagine the carnage had the game name been correct (Wario Ware or Another Code Ashley, for starters).

That aside, given Ashley's theme and how her story usually is I'm guessing this is the random effect assist trophy.

mclem

Awesome

I hope Mona's a playable character

So, I'm thinking a few things, here.

* If you were revealing assist trophies from Wario Ware, I'd expect the most popular character to be revealed first. Much as I like Ashley, I think that's probably Mona.

* If Mona isn't an assist trophy... is she a character?

(Carefully papering over Brawl's Kat+Ana, here...)

MM Skull Kid appears in one game. Sure they appear in OoT but there they are hardly significant.

He was the main villain of one of the most popular Zelda games. A major character in a major game.

Ashley is a side character in a series that only serves a niche audience. It would be shocking if she was a playable character.

Surely others can see the difference?

EDIT: Just look at the post above me if you need proof.

L~A

Guess I'm the only one who thought "Ashley? Ashley Mizuki Robins?!!" when I read "Ashley's in Smash Bros."

My poor heart. It hurts.

;__;

Still, really cool assist trophy, can't say I'm a huge fan of WarioWare games, but I really like Ashley.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
He was the main villain of one of the most popular Zelda games. A major character in a major game.

Ashley is a side character in a series that only serves a niche audience. It would be shocking if she was a playable character.

I don't think popularity has anything to do with characters chances of getting in otherwise Ice Climbers would never have been playable.

Zelda already has a bunch of reps and compared to them Skull Kid is nothing. That's my point. Ashley on the other hand is a significant character in her series. Of course more people have likely heard of Skull Kid simply because the Zelda series is a bigger name.

I don't think popularity has anything to do with characters chances of getting in otherwise Ice Climbers would never have been playable.

Zelda already has a bunch of reps and compared to them Skull Kid is nothing. That's my point. Ashley on the other hand is a significant character in her series. Of course more people have likely heard of Skull Kid simply because the Zelda series is a bigger name.

Ice Climbers are the MAIN character of their game though. It makes sense to include main characters in lesser known games. My point isn't that WarioWare isn't popular, but that Ashley's a side character in a niche game.

Top Bottom