• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ashley from Warioware confirmed for smash 4 via assist trophy

She looks cool. Never played a WarioWare game tho.

Game should be almost complete at this point, if rumors of it being released in the first semester are correct.

Sakurai's recently quoted as saying "He's committing himself to a 2014 release" which sounds, to me at least, like it would require a lot of crunch time to get it out by the end of the year.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ice Climbers are the MAIN character of their game though. It makes sense to include main characters in lesser known games. My point isn't that WarioWare isn't popular, but that Ashley's a side character in a niche game.

And Skull Kid isn't? He's not the main star of the game and technically just a puppet for the true antagonist. Wario Ware doesn't follow the usual protagonist and antagonist pattern so basically all the characters are on an equal level.

ZeuPupR.jpg

So I go back to my original point, Skull Kid as an assist really has no bearing on who is going to be a fighter or not. Just watch as the star of a game ends up as just an assist trophy (like Isaac from GoldenSun again). Honestly Sakurai just does what he wants.

Who's the evil girl living in the haunted mansion?
You better know her name, cause it's ASSSSSSHLEY!

EDIT: Now that Ashley's here, now we need Hades from Kid Icarus, he's perfect in a game like this!

L~A

She looks cool. Never played a WarioWare game tho.

Game should be almost complete at this point, if rumors of it being released in the first semester are correct.

Yup, rumours.... that were debunked by Sakurai himself. But yeah, characters have been chosen ages ago, Sakurai said so at E3... so unless he got some special urgent request, I doubt they're gonna add anything even with incredible fan support.

Ice Climbers with swords. Just what the game needs.
The Ice Climbers are perfectly capable of using Beam Swords...although you would probably have to be in training mode to see both Nana and Popo holding one (I did remember correctly, right?).

Well actually, I got the vision in my mind of Kat & Ana being Ice Climber clones right down to the jumping sound effects.

Hmm? People are expecting playable WarioWare characters? Thought never crossed my mind, though sure, why not I guess. Personally don't care much for the WarioWare characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmm? People are expecting playable WarioWare characters? Thought never crossed my mind, though sure, why not I guess. Personally don't care much for the WarioWare characters.

Star Fox has six games (including the 3DS 64 remake) and has three characters whereas Wario Ware has eight (exlcuding the Wii version of DIY) games with one character. I don't see why expecting another character is that strange a thought.

If anyone from the various Wario franchises were to appear as a fighter, I'd rather it be Captain Syrup.

I'm happy Ashley is getting in as an assist though.

Buh. That lolita demand.

Why do people love touched so much? It's one of the weakest Wario Ware games, evidenced by not being made by the original studio.

Get some Twisted in there.. Best Wario Ware game by far.

Star Fox has six games (including the 3DS 64 remake) and has three characters whereas Wario Ware has eight (exlcuding the Wii version of DIY) games with one character. I don't see why expecting another character is that strange a thought.
In the end Wario Ware is a spinoff, while Starfox is a series by itself.

Top Bottom