• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asia PS+ monthly PS4 lineup is insane

warheat

So I bought a year of Asia PS+ subscription when I got my Pro early this year.

When you purchase a year of PS+, they have these kind of bundle:

January
1. Infamous 2nd Son (free)
2. The Order 1886 (free)

February
1. Bloodborne (free)
2. Additional 3 months of PS+ (free)
3. FF XV (+$20)
4. Titanfall 2 (+$15)

March
1. 33% off for new subscriber or 20% off for current subscriber

Here's the list of games starting from 2017

January
ALIENATION
This War Of Mine: The Little Ones
God Of War III Remastered
Tales Of Zesteria

The Swindle
Goat Simulator

February
LittleBigPlanet 3
Until Dawn

Not a Hero
Spelunky
Color Guardians
Torquel

March
Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps (lol)
Tearaway Unfolded
Disgaea 5

Titan Souls
Starwhal
Invisible Inc
Stories: The Path of Destinies

April
Life Is Strange
Drawn To Death
10 Seconds Ninja X
Lumo

May
Tales of the Borderlands
Abzu
Curses ‘n Chaos
Type: Rider

June
Just Cause 3
Killing Floor 2
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season

Laser Disco Defenders

July
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
Game of Thrones: The Complete Season
Darksiders II

Fat Princess Adventures
Element4l
Hatoful Boyfriend
Eat Them!

August
Amnesia: Collection
Child of Light
Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry

Hustle Kings
Downwell

These lineup are insane compared to shit you get in US or EU region get and the cheapest region in Asia also only costs about $25 a year.

The only downside is the deals on PSN store is shit compared to what you get on US (US deals is also pretty much crap lately) or EU store and most new games costs more than US or EU region.

Even if you're not playing online like me, I think these monthly IGC is worth it.

EDIT: Asia here means region 3, R3 includes Hong Kong and South East Asia country like Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, etc. China and Japan are not Region 3, I believe they have their own lineup.

NewDust

What store would be best if I'm only interested in full english or at least english subbed games? Hong Kong? Good places to buy ps+/currency vouchers?

Jigolo

plane-taking-off.jpg

February
1. Bloodborne (free)
2. Additional 3 months of PS+ (free)
3. FF XV (+$20)
4. Titanfall 2 (+$15)

Sorry, does this mean if I had a PS+ Subscription with them and then spent $35, I would've got: Bloodborne, FFXV, Titanfall 2 and 3 Months PS+ ?

That's pretty crazy.

Gutss

Disgaea 5 is sadly in chinese version but overall its a great year for us, and just renewed mine for a free ff15, getting it on april 7.

prob trying to entice the consumer base there. PS+ and those games are already established and well off elsewhere. Gotta market and grow those numbers. THEN once you have them you revert to shitty lineups like EU and NA

Sorry, does this mean if I had a PS+ Subscription with them and then spent $35, I would've got: Bloodborne, FFXV, Titanfall 2 and 3 Months PS+ ?

That's pretty crazy.

That means if you renewed your PS+ subscription for 12 months in Feb, you get to pick either :

- getting Bloodborne at no additional cost of sub
- FFXV by paying additional amount on top of sub
- Titanfall by paying additional amount on top of sub

hydruxo

They give you free games when you buy a year of PS+? What the hell? I wish US PS did deals on yearly PS+ like that.

They got disgaea 5 meanwhile all we get is psn only games? Is xbox a strong competitor or something that they're going so hard?

renzolama

After this months lineup was announced I investigated canceling my PS+ subscription for the first time in years as I'm not really playing any online games at the moment. Then I realized that I would get no cloud storage at all which would make transferring games between my two PS4s a nightmare (and probably ruin cloud save for my PS4 <-> Vita too?). It's nice to see how Sony reacts to a dominant market lead by increasing subscription costs and decreasing subscription benefits.

warheat

CAn these be played in English?

Everything can be played in English with the exception Disgaea 5, this is weird because it rarely happens and they might actually give the english version because a lot of people are screaming at their facebook page because the game is in chinese).

That's pretty crazy.

One year of subscription costs about $25-30 here (depends on your region), so earlier this month I can buy

1 year sub + bloodborne for $25-30 or
1 year sub + FF XV for $45-50 or
1 year sub + TF2 for $40-45

God damn, what are they doing with NA. Think i'm going to have to get an Asia sub.

Edit: Can you have accounts with different subscriptions on Ps4?

MattAces

God damn, what are they doing with NA. Think i'm going to have to get an Asia sub.

Edit: Can you have accounts with different subscriptions on Ps4?

Just to point out, it has been 3 years (since PS4 launch) and PS+ Asia had been a joke forever. We waited another month for Rocket League, we never got Transformers Devastation. It was a terrible 2~3 years of PS+ Asia. Now I'm a happy PS+ subscriber in Asia.

Of course, worth mentioning that we also got Saints Row 4 Remastered full game and Gravity Rush Remastered.

warheat

Xbox barely exist here. Market ratio for PS4: Xbox in SEA is probably 80:20.

I think it's actually more than that, probably 99:1 in where I live lol. Xbox is not officially sold by Microsoft in my area (that means the local game store imports the console).

You know it's bound to fail when Xbox One S GOW4 edition costs more than PS4 Pro.

MattAces

I think it's actually more than that, probably 99:1 in where I live lol. Xbox is not officially sold by Microsoft in my area (that means the local game store imports the console).

You know it's bound to fail when Xbox One S GOW4 edition costs more than PS4 Pro.

From Malaysia, they used to sell xbox with a step down transformer because all of them are import units. Microsoft Malaysia website doesn't even list xbox one as their product.
Similar to Nintendo, except that we have local distribution so the market is quite large here. But we don't have access to eShop (have to switch the region to use it).

Playstation is pretty much the only choice as a main console platform.

butman

The Bloodborne gratuity only means that everyone has to play it before the second part is announced. Believe!

Of course, worth mentioning that we also got Saints Row 4 Remastered full game and Gravity Rush Remastered.

Stuff that Asia PS+ got but NA PS+ don't:
1. Guilty Gear Xrd
2. ALIENATION
3. Until Dawn
4. Gravity Rush Remastered
5. Saints Row 4 ( Re-elected )
6. Life is Strange
7. God of War 3
8. Tales of Zestiria
9. Disgaea 5 ( Chinese ver )
10. No price increase

Only credit cards issued in this region & Paypal Asia.

Really? Didn't know there was such limitation. You sure?

Similar to Nintendo, except that we have local distribution so the market is quite large here. But we don't have access to eShop (have to switch the region to use it).

- No access to eShop
- Nintendo products are all notably more expensive as well

Switch is currently only available at a two-game bundle at RM2300++ urghhhhhhh.... -_-

This has to be because of the lack of sales and competitive edge nintendo has in that area, right? Because this is a joke when you compare it to the games on ps+ in NA. Don't get me wrong I like indies now and again but there's been some real trash on there, and to prove my point LBP3 being free was a big deal for me. LBP3!!! C'mon Sony....

MattAces

- No access to eShop
- Nintendo products are all notably more expensive as well

Switch is currently only available at a two-game bundle at RM2300++ urghhhhhhh.... -_-

Yep! I pre-ordered it so I got it for RM2099, still the distributor forced 1,2 Switch into the bundle to bring up the price. Quite insane compared to PS4 Pro.
3DS is the only Nintendo console that is going strong and still very successful up until today.

Top Bottom