• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asia PS+ monthly PS4 lineup is insane

Certinty

Holy crap at Until Dawn and Life Is Strange alone.

Asia PS+ this year alone has gotten better stuff than EU/US PS+ has since the PS4 launched.

plane-taking-off.jpg

Wow, it's been a long time seeing that meme

zelas

Why isn't NA/EU getting this also? IMO, the PS+ offerings have largely been a joke here in the US for PS4.
Because the state of the console market is a lot different here than in China. Sony is trying to build a foundation there that has existed in NA/EU for decades.

jm89

I will never understand why we keep getting rinky dink indie games. Sony probably aren't making anything significant from killzone or knack, why not offer them at least? Salty as hell seeing this list.

Usobuko

Banned
Stuff that Asia PS+ got but NA PS+ don't:
1. Guilty Gear Xrd
2. ALIENATION
3. Until Dawn
4. Gravity Rush Remastered
5. Saints Row 4 ( Re-elected )
6. Life is Strange
7. God of War 3
8. Tales of Zestiria
9. Disgaea 5 ( Chinese ver )
10. No price increase

This is the hilarious part especially since Plus is cheaper here and if you sub at the correct month, you get infamous or bloodborne for free too.

I'm pretty sure since I've already tried to add Japanese credit card & Paypal Japan on PSN before.

Damn, I thought I could do a step-by-step guide with Paypal, but I didn't know there is region lock there too damn you sonnnnnnyyyyyyy.

In that case...

http://www.play-asia.com/digital_codes/playstation_network/14/711z3

This is the hilarious part especially since Plus is cheaper here and if you sub at the correct month, you get infamous or bloodborne for free too.

It's actually frustrating lol, because I already got inFamous, Order, FFXV, Titanfall 2 and Bloodborne already.

I legitimately would had topped up a 12 month sub if they put Knack on it.

But the current 33% discount deal is good too.

MattAces

Because the state of the console market is a lot different here than in China. Sony is trying to build a foundation there that has existed in NA/EU for decades.

Just to point out again, since this is a common misconception, the list of PS+ games and offers only applies to South East Asia and Hong Kong. It has nothing to do with China or Japan. The games they are getting are completely different, e.g. China is getting only LBP3 and Tearaway for March, only 2 games.

Playstation existed here in South East Asia for many years and they've been treating us like a joke, they finally woke up I guess.

Just to point out again, since this is a common misconception, the list of PS+ games and offers only applies to South East Asia and Hong Kong. It has nothing to do with China or Japan. The games they are getting are completely different, e.g. China is getting only LBP3 and Tearaway for March, only 2 games.

Playstation existed here in South East Asia for many years and they've been treating us like a joke, they finally woke up I guess.

Yeah, for those who wants to set-up an account for these deals, I'd recommend Singapore or Malaysia.

After this months lineup was announced I investigated canceling my PS+ subscription for the first time in years as I'm not really playing any online games at the moment. Then I realized that I would get no cloud storage at all which would make transferring games between my two PS4s a nightmare (and probably ruin cloud save for my PS4 <-> Vita too?). It's nice to see how Sony reacts to a dominant market lead by increasing subscription costs and decreasing subscription benefits.

This is exactly why, as a PS4 owner, I always root for Microsoft to stay in the game. If Sony becomes the only console doing multi-platform games then their customers should lube their asses and get ready, because we've already seen how the quality of PS+ shot down as soon as it became mandatory.

wapplew

We don't have disc jam tho, also missing tons of digital titles including the witness.
PS+ free title is OK consolation.

MattAces

Isn't PayPal region restricted on PSN though?

Yep, I know this because I used to consider changing my PS+ to US for years until recently.
But I'm still an active user of US account for all of the missing games in Asia store, especially for the VR category, we barely have any games.

Damn the asia deals are awesome.

Do you think we'll get the same games in US after a few months?

Unlikely.

The hilarity is that Asia gets the games that US gets ( but we don't ) eventually. But US hasn't gotten the stuff that Asia's got.

Like, we recently got Invisible Inc and Stories: Path of Destiny as an additional free game on top of the regular Plus rotation since US/EU already got those earlier.

We don't have disc jam tho, also missing tons of digital titles including the witness.
PS+ free title is OK consolation.

Yeah, PSN Asia sucks in terms of day-and-date publishing of indie games. We get them super late for some reason, or maybe even never.

WHERE IS INSIDE, WITNESS, VOLUME & MANY OTHER INDIE GAMES SONNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYY!?

When Sony is dominating, they don't have much incentive to put out amazing games every month on PS+. That being said, is the PS4 not dominant in these areas, because those deals sound really good.

When Sony is dominating, they don't have much incentive to put out amazing games every month on PS+. That being said, is the PS4 not dominant in these areas, because those deals sound really good.

PS4 is super-dominant in these areas.

Anecdotally, it looks something like this.

PlayStation >>>>> Nintendo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xbox

Sjefen

Is this real? Is it because the Asia market is smaller than western market? or is it because they cant offer western games in Asian markets?

cripterion

Stuff that Asia PS+ got but NA PS+ don't:
1. Guilty Gear Xrd
2. ALIENATION
3. Until Dawn
4. Gravity Rush Remastered
5. Saints Row 4 ( Re-elected )
6. Life is Strange
7. God of War 3
8. Tales of Zestiria
9. Disgaea 5 ( Chinese ver )
10. No price increase

Really? Didn't know there was such limitation. You sure?

This is... wow.. dunno what to say.
This plus the fact that my US psn isn't really paying off anymore cause of the low Euro.

original

Is this real? Is it because the Asia market is smaller than western market? or is it because they cant offer western games in Asian markets?

1. It's real.
2. We don't know the reason why it's different. There are pros & cons. For example, the discount and game deals Asia PSN gets pales in comparison to US/EU deals.
3. Not true. Asia PS+ in general, gets the same big games that US/EU PS+ offers. What we don't get are digital indie games,because for some reason, publishing them in Asia PSN takes a heck of longer time than US/EU.

warheat

PS4 outsold Xbox One much much harder compared to US and EU, in my area Xbox One S bundle costs higher than PS4 Pro.

SEA is basically Sonyland because Microsoft don't officially support these region (only Singapore). I would love to get myself Scorpio, but if the price is anything like X1S, it might costs 2 times higher than PS4 Pro because local game store has to import the console since it's not officially supported.

VillageBC

After this months lineup was announced I investigated canceling my PS+ subscription for the first time in years as I'm not really playing any online games at the moment. Then I realized that I would get no cloud storage at all which would make transferring games between my two PS4s a nightmare (and probably ruin cloud save for my PS4 <-> Vita too?). It's nice to see how Sony reacts to a dominant market lead by increasing subscription costs and decreasing subscription benefits.

I cancelled mine. Realized I was paying too much too little. Rarely play online, cloud saves are nice but not really required. As much as I like the PS4, the PS+ service is poor value and I'm better off using that $60 for a game.

You've got two days to make up your mind if you all want to get a good price for PS+ Asia.

By default it's already quite a bit cheaper than US/EU PS+, so this just makes it even cheaper.

lavri4b.jpg

ratsuki

Yep, this year ps+ games line have been pretty good. We also get freebies like app for FFXV OST ps+ edition, Hatsune Miku concerts and the likes. It's limited viewing but still nice. I don't play online games at all but subscribed anyway for all these, totally worth it.

In other hand we don't get much psn sale over here. Overall games and console prices are higher as well. I felt salty when I heard people can buy their PS4 for $250-300 when I have to bought my Slim for more than $400, Pro goes up to $650 when it was newly released, crazy. Also in my country Sony customer support is almost non existent. You can't have everything, I suppose.

Jimrpg

Clearly better than the west, but I still don't know about PS+ as a service, I'm not a multiplayer gamer so the lineup of games is important to me. It'd be way better if I got to keep the games rather than a long term rental. For me, I have a huge backlog so that would always come first over games in the Ps+ library.

Yep, this year ps+ games line have been pretty good. We also get freebies like app for FFXV OST ps+ edition, Hatsune Miku concerts and the likes. It's limited viewing but still nice. I don't play online games at all but subscribed anyway for all these, totally worth it.

Their quality sucks, but I do enjoy the regular Toro themes.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm guessing Sony is pushing hard to establish a base in the rest of Asia. Once they've got their foot in the door proper they can really start trying to expand their influence. Its not really shocking or surprising.

Gurish

WTF now it's obvious that Sony can make the Plus much better, they just don't bother, that's what happens when they dominate the competition, they become careless again.

Usobuko

Banned
I don't recommend people to sub in this region because you're afterall taking a huge leap of faith Sony will continue to entice Asian players with similar quality games.

People like us who sub earlier was simply lucky tbh. It's not guaranteed Sony will continue this streak.

I don't recommend people to sub in this region because you're afterall taking a huge leap of faith Sony will continue to entice Asian players with similar quality games.

People like us who sub earlier was simply lucky tbh. It's not guaranteed Sony will continue this streak.

I wouldn't recommend it if the price increased, but honestly the price is low enough with the 30% discount that even if it sucks from this day till the next day, it'll still be a decent get for Life is Strange.

Would had been better to jump in a few months earlier to get the salvo of Until Dawn, GoW3, etc all at once, but hey, what can I say? :p

bunkitz

Fuck. This is ridiculous. The irony of it all is that I live in Asia and I've been using an NA PS+ account. Jesus...

I've got an HK PSN account, though, but would my PS+ privileges (cloud storage whatever, online multiplayer, etc.) be available with the NA account so long as both accounts are on my PS4?

Top Bottom