• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asia PS+ monthly PS4 lineup is insane

Fredrik

This makes me salty.

If we had this in the EU then I'd actually consider subbing again.
Same here. I barely play online anyway so I just subbed for the PS+ games. Cancelled the subscription after a year of disappointment.

Bl@de

Maybe the subscriber numbers are lower in Asia and so they want to tease people. Meanwhile people in the west just subscribe and moan. I don't know. But it's a shitty move.

Bowl0l

Based on my experience, the SEA region includes all ps+ games in English.
Not true. They sometimes give Japanese only version of games (no English) and didn't bother to give a English version. They also have sales for Japanese version of games and ignored the English version.
Whoever in charge of Asia PSN believes that there's a huge amount of players who understands Japanese.

maomaoIYP

I think a lot of you intending to switch over will be in for a rude shock. The marketplace offerings are dismal, the same game being offered in multiple languages means you need to look very carefully before you buy, reversed X and O buttons for games, terrible and non-existent sales, and back then games available in other regions flat out could not be purchased.

Not true. They sometimes give Japanese only version of games (no English) and didn't bother to give a English version. They also have sales for Japanese version of games and ignored the English version.
Whoever in charge of Asia PSN believes that there's a huge amount of players who understands Japanese.

Yeah, on my PSN region, some games have multiple store pages. There's English, Chinese, and/or English.

You have to make sure that you're getting the English version, because some games don't have it.

However, I believe everything from PS+ free games would be available in English.

We had shit for so long, I guess this is Sony trying to make up for those years.
I think a lot of you intending to switch over will be in for a rude shock. The marketplace offerings are dismal, the same game being offered in multiple languages means you need to look very carefully before you buy, reversed X and O buttons for games, terrible and non-existent sales, and back then games available in other regions flat out could not be purchased.
To be fair, recent sales have been great and more frequent. Looking before you buy is common sense for any purchase and we are starting to get exclusive localized Japanese games that the west are not getting.

Also we got the logical button placement man...

wenaldy

Which region are you? The only japanese games i got was Disgaea 5.

Morinaga

Im pretty sure this is to do with the cost of living difference between the regions. $25 dollars in Malaysia is going to far more expensive than the equivalent in other regions. Also the games they are giving away free (The Order and Infamous) probably are not big sellers in those countries (and to be fair are not the greatest of games).

I would actually say its probaly more expensive in the Asia region than what is paid in the EU/US regions, measured against living costs etc. That is why Japan and China have thier own region or regions.

Asian (Indonesian) here. I can confirm the Asian PS Plus lineup is insane. Back in time we have term R3 ampas (R3 = Region 3, Asian, ampas means sucks) but now that term just fading away...

Bowl0l

So, are the games you get have the option for English, or does it vary by game?
They segregate games based on titles. What's​ on the title, is what language is available.
Japanese version = Japanese only
English version = English only
Eng/Kor/Jap version = All languages in the title

kuYuri

This is what happens when you don't have a bunch of suckers subbing purely for online play. This is what WE used to have. I still despise all of you for not ripping Sony a new one when they revealed the online paywall. This is all your fault and I hate you all for it.

Ummm, plenty of people gave Sony shit for bringing in the online paywall when it was casually dropped at E3 2013.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=582191&page=1

You are forgetting that GAF is still a minority and the mainstream don't know or care that there's a paywall now and there wasn't before. You also have a ton of Xbox only gamers who switched to PS4 and had no issues with paying for online like they did for XBL.

GunBR

This really is waaaay better than our Plus

If at least you could keep your games after the Plus expired, that would be perfect

ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif

Don't believe his lies.

Grady

Why isn't NA/EU getting this also? IMO, the PS+ offerings have largely been a joke here in the US for PS4.

I agree, pslus has been garbage to me. Though, I thought they recently said they were going to make psplus more appealing. June might be thier first step to fulfilling that promise. Let's see what July brings.

PokéKong

I've owned a PS4 for 6 months worth of PS+ games at this point, telling myself I'll totally pick up a year subscription the very first month they announce some games I wouldn't mind having in my library, and I am still holding out.

Usobuko

Banned
Last month in May, though it's on PS3, Asia got Tekken Tag Tournament 2 while NA and EU gets naught.

Best region indeed.

Cyborg

PokéKong;238907634 said:
I've owned a PS4 for 6 months worth of PS+ games at this point, telling myself I'll totally pick up a year subscription the very first month they announce some games I wouldn't mind having in my library, and I am still holding out.

Its al about personal taste! :) So hold on....!

I know the feeling Im sick of all the bullshit indie games (some are great, but enough is enough)

Still I have a year subscription and love the PS+. It gave so much in PS3 and even PS4 gen. A great service.

Usobuko

Banned
It's like basically ~USD $12 for a year of plus games.

Cost USD$31.50 ( when converted to usd ) and give you Bloodborne ( assuming $19.99 digital price ) when subbed at the correct month.

So US$1 per month for the rental service.

When they drops PS3 / Vita retail games, then I will stop subscribing. Got to clear my backlog before that.

So they're giving Killing Floor 2 worldwide, that's nice.

Just Cause 3 is great for PS4 Pro owners because boost mode is near mandatory to make that game even playable. It's bad for regular PS4 though.

Walking Dead S1 is a better choice than S2 that we got. Having S2 on NA/EU Plus felt like a plot to make people buy S1
and I did :(

firelogic

This simply confirms what everyone already knows. It's not that Sony can't do it.

They just don't care.

It's not that they don't care, it's that they don't have to. From a company's perspective, why give away bigger games for free to entice people to get PS+ when the subscriber numbers are so strong they don't need to?

Prophane33

Switched to Japan PS+ recently after years of NA PS+, I wish I had switched a year or two ago. July's lineup is so good. Asia PS+ looks decent too, but I can't read Chinese so the occasional Chinese game is useless.

autoduelist

Maybe the subscriber numbers are lower in Asia and so they want to tease people. Meanwhile people in the west just subscribe and moan. I don't know. But it's a shitty move.

Different regions get different content, different prices, and different release dates for all sorts of things. It's really not surprising at all.

Not to mention, it's different people setting up PS+ for those regions, and the publishers have different goals. A franchise that already sells well here may need a boost there, etc. I fail to see how it's 'shitty' for anyone, really.

It's not that they don't care, it's that they don't have to. From a company's perspective, why give away bigger games for free to entice people to get PS+ when the subscriber numbers are so strong they don't need to?

It's also possible they're dealing with different numbers. Sony has to work out the details with each publisher, and like I said above, a publisher may be unwilling to put a franchise on PS+ in the West because it's already selling well/ popular, but is looking for a boost in Asia. Or, it may not be so cut and dry and they simply may want more money in the West, putting it out of budget for the people planning the entire PS+ lineup.

Mooreberg

I would resubscribe in a heartbeat if NA PS+ was half as good as that. People only caring about being able to play COD murdered the service.

*Splinter

It's good, it doesn't seem that crazily different though? I've bolded the games I think we've had in the EU. This is from memory so apologies for mistakes, I'll probably miss a few.

January
ALIENATION
This War Of Mine: The Little Ones

God Of War III Remastered
Tales Of Zesteria
The Swindle
Goat Simulator

February
LittleBigPlanet 3
Until Dawn
Not a Hero
Spelunky
Color Guardians
Torquel

March
Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps (lol)
Tearaway Unfolded
Disgaea 5
Titan Souls
Starwhal
Invisible Inc
Stories: The Path of Destinies

April
Life Is Strange
Drawn To Death
10 Seconds Ninja X
Lumo

May
Tales of the Borderlands
Abzu [NA had this]
Curses ‘n Chaos
Type: Rider

June
Just Cause 3 [not yet but we've had JC2]
Killing Floor 2
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
Laser Disco Defenders
I guess we're missing some of the bigger games. Sony did mention improving the PS+ offering recently though.

I just found out someone has something I don't! Now I realize I was miserable all along!
Lol, I like this post.

Edit: bolded a few more, we've had most of these tbh

Top Bottom