• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asiana crash: Airline to sue over bogus pilot names gaffe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daft_Cat

My username is a Foo Fighters song you dumb fuck.

Did you even understand the joke (which I admit wasn't very good), or were you too busy acting like a smug douche? I'm referring to the username of the poster I was originally responding to (whose name is 'phoreal'). How could anyone possibly misconstrue Johnny Park to be a racist play on words? How did you even come to that conclusion reading through my posts when my original comment wasn't even directed at you?

this needs to get posted again

Sun-Times-Headline.jpg
Jesus CHRIST

Did you even understand the joke (which I admit wasn't very good), or were you too busy acting like a smug douche? I'm referring to the username of the poster I was originally responding to (whose name is 'phoreal'). How could anyone possibly misconstrue Johnny Park to be a racist play on words? How did you even come to that conclusion reading through my posts when my original comment wasn't even directed at you?
smug douche

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The names are funny, but in light of they are made as a joke for people to laugh at for an incident that caused two people to be dead and others traumatized/injured, I suppose from that angle they can be viewed as offensive, or at least juvenile.

SiteSeer

so for the people here that say its okay because its funny, does that mean that any tasteless joke is acceptable if the joke is funny enough? any racists joke is okay if its funny enough? a rape joke is okay if its funny enough? a joke on the disabled? a joke on the wretched, lowest of the low? a joke on the dead and dying? a joke on any recent tragedy?
i say yes, but it better be that funny

Nilaul

Just the concept of someone screwing the Anchor over on live TV by messing with the script on screen (ust like in BruceAll'Mighty movie) is worth the laugh.

devilhawk

I am aware of that. The difference is those are real names, and these are "Asian sounding words we made up that you can pronounce in an Asian accent like English words".

And "American tradition"? pfft.
Yup, I know plenty of people with the last name Pollinating

Subtle

so for the people here that say its okay because its funny, does that mean that any tasteless joke is acceptable if the joke is funny enough? any racists joke is okay if its funny enough? a rape joke is okay if its funny enough? a joke on the disabled? a joke on the wretched, lowest of the low? a joke on the dead and dying? a joke on any recent tragedy?
i say yes, but it better be that funny

Yeah. Racist jokes are hilarious. GAF is just way to uptight. I'm a little more iffy about rape jokes though.

Bang and Ding are sounds from crashing plane and passengers go Ow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom