• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Shadows Release November 15, 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
Assassin's Creed Shadows releases November 15 for Xbox Series X, PS5, PC

IMG-0784.jpg

Assassin's Creed Codename Red becomes Assassin's Creed Shadows. Tune-in for the Official Cinematic World Premiere Trailer on May 15, 9 AM PT.

Season pass will cost $40 and will give you access to a questline called “Origami Killer” Pre-Order is something called “Thrown to the Dogs”

Header_3.gif

Last edited:
An announcement of an announcement is the most backwards thing the marketing industry invented. This is ridiculous.

It took so long for an AC in Japan that we already got two games that fill that niche with Ghost of Tsushima and Rise of the Ronin. No way Ubisoft doesn't fumble this with their certified Ubi Formula.

Can for once Ubisoft make an Assassin's Creed with actually good combat? If they can do that it will help cover up their formulaic gameplay loop. Shitty combat mechanics is just the death nail to all their recent AC games

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Nextgen only, being set in Japan and being the next evolution of Anvil has me excited for this game.
If its super bloated ill be turning off a ton of icons in the game so I can just have fun exploring, the options in Avatar can really transform the experience if you just set up the icons and markers properly.
So I hope the settings menu is as granualar as Avatar.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
An announcement of an announcement is the most backwards thing the marketing industry invented. This is ridiculous.

It took so long for an AC in Japan that we already got two games that fill that niche with Ghost of Tsushima and Rise of the Ronin. No way Ubisoft doesn't fumble this with their certified Ubi Formula.
This will destroy both of those games. Bet on it

StueyDuck

Banned
It's not woke. Yasuke was a real samurai in the 16th century and is pretty famous. He was also in Nioh. But yeah, you should probably skip it.
I didn't realise only one Japanese person existed back then. What a coincidence he happened to be black... how lucky 🤣

God forbid we highlight and explore Japanese history with iconic Japanese samurai/Ronin etc

Last edited:

Rivdoric

Neo Member
Prepare for Pre-order pack, Deluxe Pack, Ultimate Pack, Season Pass and plethora of already planned micro-transaction riddled game.
Did i mention collectibles and bandits camps ?
Oh yeah forgot the mention of premium "currencies" lel.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Can for once Ubisoft make an Assassin's Creed with actually good combat? If they can do that it will help cover up their formulaic gameplay loop. Shitty combat mechanics is just the death nail to all their recent AC games
After all this time i'm not sure if they are physically capable of doing good combat in an ac game.

The best iteration was origins\odissey and it was just decent on its best day.

Ovech-King

Gold Member
I love assassins creed but with katanas and such I’m looking towards the gameplay even more this time . The counter feature in GOT and ROTR is pretty addictive so I’m excited for that this time around .

I want them to explore Japanese history just like they've done with every other entry up to this point.

Why don't you want to play as a Japanese person?
All the other entries so far didn't have actual historical figures as the main character at all, so as far as "exploring history" goes this is actually an improvement.

Xtib81

It's not woke. Yasuke was a real samurai in the 16th century and is pretty famous. He was also in Nioh. But yeah, you should probably skip it.

Can't wait to play a white guy in Africa. Of course, this will never happen and we very well know why :)
As for the accuracy, I might be wrong but I have read on multiple occasions that this black samurai was not an actual samurai but a samurai's servant or something like that.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Banned
I liked The Last Samurai actually. I've also played lots of games with Japanese leads, like Ghost of Tsushima. I don't have a problem with a Yasuke game either. Sounds like an incredibly interesting and unique story. Kind of shocked it didn't happen earlier.
So to be clear. This game would only be interesting to you if the skin tone of the main character is not that of a Japanese person because. You've played a game with a Japanese person before.

I feel like there's probably many Japanese heroes/villains that many of us don't know about that would have been both interesting and unique. But we'll never get that game from ubisoft and sweet baby

Dazraell

Will this be a focused experience like Mirage, or a bloated mess like Odyssey/Origins/Valhalla?

In for the former and out for the latter.
Most likely a larger games as Mirage originally started as just a DLC to Valhalla which got expanded to its own smaller game

After all this time i'm not sure if they are physically capable of doing good combat in an ac game.

The best iteration was origins\odissey and it was just decent on its best day.
It just sucks because on a technical level they create some of the best game worlds in the industry. If they can't emphasize good combat in a feudal Japan AC game, they never will. It doesn't even need to be super deep, just make it visceral and satisfying like Ghost of Tsushima. Shit shouldn't be hard

BTW, I'm pretty Ubisoft is releasing this trailer now instead of at their direct next month because of Ghost of Tsushima 2, which will most likely be shown later this month at Sony's event

StueyDuck

Banned
All the other entries so far didn't have actual historical figures as the main character at all, so as far as "exploring history" goes this is actually an improvement.
I mean i would of loved if we had a fake character and yasuke gets involved in our adventures. That'd be very inline with what to expect from asscreed.

Top Bottom