• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed DS screens

Ranger X

This looks PS1-ish. Just like what DS 3D graphics generally look like.

(and no Super Mario Kart DS doesn't shit all over PS1 graphics)

Ranger X said:

What 3D games on PS1 look even close to as good as Mario Kart DS while running at 60 fps?

What are people expecting? 4 million poly counts and anti-aliasing?

This is a DS people, and from the 3D I've seen on DS this is still some of the best. You're never going to get "amazing" visuals from the machine, but considering what they had to work with it looks great.

Deku

Banned
Didnt GearBox make BiA DS? They're quite capable of doing something decent if that's the case.

I see a few promising shots there, but they're probably cinematics. The isomatric camera doesn't do the game engine much favour. It's passable and generic for sure.

Maybe they wanted 30fps instead of BiA's 15.

So... I don't like moving in 3d without any sort of analog... is this more of a sidescroller or basically like the console version as far as running around goes? And more of the same gameplay-wise too?

sphinx

the piano man
Ranger X said:

Archaic sealed heat wants to have a word with you.

oh.... and Ninja Gaiden too.

sphinx said:
Archaic sealed heat wants to have a word with you.

oh.... and Ninja Gaiden too.
Both of those games aren't fully 3D. Team Ninja was smart in using the 2D backgrounds to get really good 3D models on the screen.

At this point I really have no opinion as to whether AssCreed's graphics are good or bad. I just want to see how it plays in the end.

Top Bottom