• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

iNvid02

blDENx

UPDATES
- Animus Update 2.0 DLC Coming January 2011 - see dlc section below
- Completed my Brotherhood Playthrough - see video section below
- New DLC coming 14th December for PS3/360 - see dlc section below
- Added the Brotherhood OST - see music section below

9JaNif

ar1OQ1

invbullt
TITLE | Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
invbullt
DEVELOPER | Ubisoft
invbullt
RELEASE | US 16/11/2010 | EU 19/11/2010 | PC Early 2011
invbullt
GENRE | Action/Adventure
invbullt
PLATFORMS | PS3 | X360 | PC
invbullt
PUBLISHER | Ubisoft

cjyB2b

STANDARD | WORLDWIDE | RRP $59.99 or £39.99
invbullt
Normal game case with disc/manual
invbullt
Beta access (with selected retailers)

cj2t6H
aYI5Ag
d0qW7H

STRATEGY GUIDES | Standard Edition | Collector's Edition

9l2mZe
dltj0f

LIMITED CODEX EDITION | EUROPE, NEW ZEALAND & AUSTRAILIA | £69.99
invbullt
invbullt
invbullt
Renaissance Collector Chest
invbullt
Exclusive Codex
invbullt
Map of Rome
invbullt
Multiplayer characters cards
invbullt
Lineage DVD (exclusive to Europe, but you can watch it on youtube here)
invbullt
Bonus DVD and game soundtrack
invbullt
2 Exclusive single player maps: Aqua Gear & Trajan Market
invbullt
2 Multiplayer characters: Harlequin & Officer
invbullt
Helmschmied Drachen armor for Ezio

9SPZoi

AUDITORE EDITION | EUROPE & NEW ZEALAND | £69.99
invbullt
invbullt
Transparency Box with 3D thermoformed portrait of Ezio Auditore and "Animus" effect
invbullt
Assassin's Creed: Lineage DVD
invbullt
Collectible multi-player character cards
invbullt
Exclusive in-game content:
invbullt
Single player map: Aqua Gear
invbullt
Helmschmied Drachen armor for Ezio

cVBVlt

COLLECTORS EDITION | US ONLY | $99.99

invbullt
Special game case with disc/manual
invbullt
Harlequin Jack-in-the-Box Collectible exclusive to GameStop
invbullt
invbullt
2 Exclusive In-Game Single Player Maps
invbullt
Hard Copy Strategy Map of Rome
invbullt
Exclusive Art Book
[
invbullt
Bonus Disc
invbullt
Exclusive Making-of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Video
invbullt
Digital Sneak Peak at the Assassin’s Creed Comic
invbullt
Trailers
invbullt
Game Soundtrack

cUAUKq

avYFBN

Multiplayer Beta was exclusive to the Playstation 3
See the UBISOFT BETA MANUAL for complete info on the beta

invbullt
STARTED | 27th September 2010 for EU PS+ Subscribers | 4th October 2010 for US PS+ subscribers and pre-order customers
invbullt
ENDED | 18th October 2010

d2UOH8

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will keep its sandbox style gameplay in an open world of Rome. Like the previous installments, the gameplay's core mechanics are based on parkour movements,
crowd-blending stealth, assassinations and melee fighting system. However for the first time in the series, the game offers a multiplayer mode alongside 15 hours of singleplayer campaign

OVERVIEW
It's been confirmed there will be more modern day sequences featuring Desmond. As a Master Assassin, Ezio will have to reorganize his Brotherhood in Rome to fight against the Templars.
Hence the new management system: the player can recruit new members by completing missions around the city, send them to assignments around Europe or call them for support
during missions (if they are not already occupied). Tasking the novice Assassins is essential to make them gain experience, and the player will be able to customize their appearance, skills
and weapon training by spending the skill points they've earned. Although Ezio is a Master Assassin in this episode, his progression is not over and he will also have to master new gadgets.

BROTHERHOOD
Having your own "Brotherhood" will be a big factor in this game. With the touch of a button, you can go from shooting 20 arrows at once, or having your Brotherhood strike from above to
make short work of any annoying enemies. You will have the ability to control and customize your assassins by sending them on missions and earning skill points, which can then be spent
to upgrade the weapons and armor of the assassins.

ENVIRONMENT
The player will have to rebuild Rome, fallen into ruins due to the corrupted ruling of the Templars over the Papal States and concentrating all the wealth in the Vatican. Just like the village
of Monteriggioni in Assassin's Creed II, the player will be able to invest in the city to witness its evolution and unlock rewards. The player will have to conquer and destroy Borgia's towers
to free city zones from the family's influence. Completing this unlocks new missions and opportunities. Rome is the biggest city ever created after the first two installments (Rome is three
times bigger than Florence from Assassin's Creed II) and includes five varied districts: Vatican, Downtown, Tiber, Country and Antique. The players will be able to explore the entire city of
Rome, visit a part of Naples, Spain and Monteriggioni.

COMBAT
The combat system has been upgraded to be faster and more dynamic. Striking first and offensive actions will be more deadly in Brotherhood than previous games where counter-attacks
were the most efficient. This made the player wait until the AI strikes which slowed down the pace of fighting. The AI in this game is thus more aggressive and enemies can attack
simultaneously. To dispatch them, Ezio can use melee and ranged weapons at the same time as well, introducing the hidden pistol in combat. It has been shown that Ezio can throw axes
and spears toward his enemies. There are new enemy archetypes in addition to those seen in Assassin's Creed II such as horsemen, arquebusiers, papal guards and others. New ways to
kill have been added, one technique shown has been where Ezio stabs his enemy with his sword then shoots another enemy standing right beside him at the same time.

HORSES
Horses play a larger role in Brotherhood, not only used as a means of transport (inside the city for the first time) but as a component of acrobatic sequences and advanced combat as well,
allowing ranged weapons to be used while riding them. Brotherhood also introduced various types of horse-related assassinations, featuring horse-to-horse assassinations. There will be
environmental objects like the flower pot in Assassin's Creed II to move faster inside the city, as well as new objects such as merchandise lifts to quickly climb up high buildings or structures.

bAENOL

OVERVIEW
The players are Templars in training at the Abstergo facility. They use the animi (plural for animus) seen at the beginning of Assassin's Creed II to access memories of Assassins and then to
acquire their skills using the "bleeding effect". There will be various game modes and different maps, including the areas from the first and the second game like Florence, as well as new maps
like Rome, Castel Gandolfo and Siena. The gameplay in multiplayer mode is similar to the core gameplay of the series, as players are required to use their assassination and stealth skills. Players
earn points by completing each assassination without being detected and escaping after each kill. Breaking the cover makes player visible to other gamers and makes them easier to assassinate.

REWARDS
The multiplayer mode also includes leveling system, which allows players to unlock rewards by earning XP points during the matches and gaining new levels. Players can then unlock abilities, perks
and streaks. Abilities are active skills, which can be used again only after a cooldown time. Perks are passive skills, which can be equipped before the match and they are active all the time.
Streaks are bonuses awarded for reaching certain number of kills or deaths

CHARACTERS
Players will be able to choose one of the available characters, with more to be revealed: Courtesan, Barber, Priest, Noble, Prowler (Hunter), Executioner, Doctor, Blacksmith, Soldier, Smuggler,
Engineer, Footpad and Thief. Two special characters will be also playable: Harlequin and Officer. These characters are only available in the selected pre-order editions of the game. Each character
will have unique assassination moves and signature weapons. Characters can be customized as the player levels up. These customizations include new accessories and costumes

WANTED MODE
In Wanted, up to eight players are dropped on a map of medium size where they must find and assassinate each other. However, the rule is not the one of a standard deathmatch but rather a cat-
and-mouse game. Each player is given another player as a target. The goal is to find and kill a target without being seen or killed by the player's own predator. If the player breaks cover, the target
will be warned and will run away, starting a chase sequence. The player with the highest score wins. Points will be removed for dying or killing a player that is not the target or the hunter, otherwise
players would feel the need to kill everyone in sight.

ALLIANCE MODE
In Alliance, six players are put in to teams of two in a co-op esque mode as they work together to fulfill various contracts whilst being hunted by other teams. This mode encourages players to work
together, as teammates can help each other or they can assassinate their target simultaneously.

HUNTER MODE
In Hunter, one player chooses a character and is assigned a target to kill. The other players must find and stop the assassin. This mode relies on use of NPC characters to make it more difficult as
there can be several characters who look like the target in the same area. Killing an innocent person cancels the assassination contract.

agosZl

cyfnKt

I've often overlooked uPlay as something annoying which i do not need, but Brotherhood seems to offer something worthwhile with uPlay - so its time to register an account and start earning rewards now!
If you completed AC2 you should have around 120 points - enough to buy almost everything! And as you play Brotherhood you'll get more than enough points. Login into each game and link your
uplay account to get those points. If you have a ubi.com account use that to login into uplay. BTW uplay is all free, just play ubi games, earn points, unlock swag.
Visit the uPlay site

bJd9c5
cPQdKK

It seems like you can also unlock a few more costumes from the game. The one is above is Raiden and you unlock it by completing all the tasks in the Animus' virtual training mode.

aQi2Aw

#1 | Copernicus Conspiracy | 16/11/2010 | PS3 Exclusive | Free
Open new missions to the player under the guide of famous Renaissance astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus. Ezio’s assigned courier, assassination and protection missions as he defends Copernicus’ philosophy and the that conspiracy surrounds it.

#2 | Animus Project Update 1.0 | 14/12/2010 | PS3 + 360 | Free
This will feature the new game mode ‘Advanced Alliance’ and the ‘Mont Saint-Michel’ map for Brotherhood’s multiplayer. Advanced Alliance makes the original Alliance Mode harder, “with target identification and engagement more difficult, thus
providing a more challenging experience for players”. Mont Saint-Michel is a new map that’s located on the rocky tidal French island of Normandy. It features narrow streets, a high-perched bell tower and multi-levelled architecture.

#3 | Animus Project Update 2.0 | January 2011 | PS3 + 360 | Free
The Animus Project Update 2.0 includes a brand-new game mode and brand new map for Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer. The Pienza Map provides a new free-running playground where predators and targets can blend and disappear.
In the new Chest Capture Multiplayer Mode two teams comprised of three players each partner with fellow Templars to either defend or capture Chests. Also included is the new Templar Score feature to reward diligent work by Abstergo recruits.

9vkWz2

9ingwQ

blbGNO

azvYDT

TRAILERS
invbullt
E3 TRAILER NORTH AMERICA - need the song name
invbullt
MULTIPLAYER TRAILER NORTH AMERICA - need the song name
invbullt
COMIC-CON MULTIPLAYER TRAILER - need the song name
invbullt
ENTER ROME TRAILER NORTH AMERICA - song is called burn my shadow by unkle
invbullt
ENTER ROME TRAILER UK - song is called burn my shadow by unkle
invbullt
THE STORY TRAILER - song is called forever by röyksopp
invbullt
EXOTIC GAMEPLAY TRAILER

invbullt
LAUNCH TRAILER GAMESPOT

GAMEPLAY
invbullt
MULTIPLAYER COMMENTATED GUIDE
invbullt
SINGPLAYER COMMENTATED GUIDE
invbullt
GAMESCOM SINGLEPLAYER GUIDE

REVEALS
invbullt
REVEAL: THE SMUGGLER
invbullt
REVEAL: THE FOOTPAD
invbullt
REVEAL: THE THIEF
invbullt
REVEAL: THE OFFICER
invbullt
REVEAL: THE HARLEQUIN
invbullt
REVEAL: MERCENARY

invbullt
REVEAL: THE HELLEQUIN

OTHER
invbullt
ASSASSINS CREED LINEAGE COMPLETE
invbullt
DEV DIARY 1
invbullt
DEV DIARY 2
invbullt
DEV DIARY 3
invbullt
DEV DIARY 4
invbullt
CODEX EDITION UNBOXING
invbullt
COLLECTORS EDITION UNBOXING
invbullt
LITERAL TRAILER TOBUSCUS
invbullt
ROME VIGNETTE

au8vgK

Jesper Kyd will be back for Brotherhood and the OST will be available to buy alongside the game (as well as being included in selected editions of the game).
This guy is a genius, if you wanna hear some of his assassins creed 2 stuff see below

reviews.jpg

invbullt
METACRITIC | 90/100
invbullt
GAMEINFORMER | 9.25/10
invbullt
GAMETRAILERS | 9/10
invbullt
EUROGAMER | 10/10
invbullt
IGN | 8/10
invbullt
GAMESPOT | 8.5/10
invbullt
DESTRUCTOID | 9.5/10
invbullt
1UP | A-
invbullt
JOYSTIQ | 4.5/5
invbullt
KOTAKU | Extremely Positive

fernoca

The thread's quite nice, but it's way too early. :/

In any case, can't wait! :)
Have the regular edition preordered; too poor right now to get the limited. :(

I'm surprised at how good AC2 is after how horrible the 1st one was (Playing through AC2 now and it's fantastic, I'm going for Platinum). If this is as good as 2, consider me on board.

ultron87

Damn, after caring pretty much not at all for this game, reading your section on the single player has suddenly made me super excited for this. Now I'll probably have to buy it. :lol

conman

sithlord23 said:
Got all 1000 points in AC 2. Planning on doing the same in AC Brotherhood. Can't wait!!! :D
I got all 1000 in both AC1 & 2, so I'm planning on doing the same in AC Bro-hood, but, like, a lot more than you. :D

I'm a little nervous with Patrice no longer at the creative helm (just look at what happened to PoP when he left that series to others), but I love the series too much to just give up on it.

Danneee

I loved AC2 but all this recruiting and brotherhooding nonsense is ruining the lone wolf feeling of that game. I want to be one bad ass killer, not some schmuck who need help.

Would like to highlight that this game makes use of www.uplay.com

You can unlock an extra multiplayer character (looks like a female version of the harlequinn) and extra outfits for Ezio through it.

Just bought a 360 a week ago. AC2 was the first game I fired up and the first game that I completed. Immediately went out and pre-ordered Brotherhood (going against my promise to never buy a game from Gamestop). I wasn't thrilled with the big reveal, but the game is extremely fun. I look forward to being able to take my time with this one.

Phenomic

Great looking OP, can't wait for this game. Not getting my hopes up but maybe they can steal the spotlight and get GOTY from me. Otherwise it's probably going to Alan Wake.

Also why is it that the Codex Edition and Auditore Edition look sweet and I'm totally interested, but I want nothing to do with the US Collectors Edition given that's the only one I have access too. :lol

Lime

Once again PC gamers get jibbed (release date in Spring 2011 and the continuous use of atrocious DRM). Why won't Ubisoft take my money? I do not understand.

Jb

Beautiful thread, man :D
Still on the fence for Brotherhood, might pick it up for cheap next year.

Mifune

Mehmber
conman said:
I'm a little nervous with Patrice no longer at the creative helm (just look at what happened to PoP when he left that series to others), but I love the series too much to just give up on it.

According to Patrice, his work on AC Brotherhood was done when he left Ubi. So it will still have something of his stamp on it.

Now, the series moving forward, however...

AC2 was ... frankly, pretty brilliant. Once you began doing all the side-missions it was a great deal more compelling than you might think for the first hour or so. The ending was suitably batshit, but its still my favourite non Demons Souls game of the past 2-3 years.

ultron87

John said:
god damnit

That's actually the news that made me more interested in the game. While the Italy stuff is cool and fun, it doesn't actually move the story at all.

That's what the Desmond stuff is for.

John

but it's Desmond. yahtzee nailed it when he said he was "in the running for the blandest sentient life in the universe" or some such.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sigh.

I love 'sassin's Creed but I haven't had any interest in this. I don't think I'd get much out of the multiplayer and the campaign sounds like a glorified DLC mission, but the more I hear the better it sounds. I have way to many games that I want at the moment but I'll probably end up getting this by the end of the year if GAF has nice things to say.

DangerStepp

What's up with the difference in the PC version's box? Why is he crotch chopping? That could be dangerous with his wrist shanks.

d0qW7H
aYI5Ag

ultron87

Zapages said:
Don't know whether to get it for 60 dollars or wait till some deal happens. :(

Normally I'd wait, but I have an Amazon $20 gift card from Fable and you get a $15 dollar code when you pre-order Brotherhood. This makes it extremely tempting.

Top Bottom