• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Fuck you Ubisoft, I want that Codex edition (but not enough to import it). Who wants a Jack in the box?

I tried to make myself write this off as a quick cash-grab while they do the real work on AC3 but...it just looks too good. And exploring Renaissance Rome...:drool:

Irish

faceless007 said:
I tried to make myself write this off as a quick cash-grab while they do the real work on AC3 but...it just looks too good. And exploring Renaissance Rome...:drool:

Seriously, I'm amazed at the sheer number of new concepts being introduced in this game. It's insane.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
JdFoX187 said:
Looks pretty fun. Love that music too :D
It is, especially when you join a game where everyone is being sneaky about it and you can't tell who's an NPC and who is an assassin/target.

Prine

Banned
I got tired of AC2 halfway through, god mode in combat was my major gripe. Anyword on how challenging brotherhood is? If its like AC1 i'll buy it (2 or 3 strikes you die), otherwise i'll probably pass.

Ranger X

Prine said:
I got tired of AC2 halfway through, god mode in combat was my major gripe. Anyword on how challenging brotherhood is? If its like AC1 i'll buy it (2 or 3 strikes you die), otherwise i'll probably pass.

The combat is fast once you link the kills. It's a skillfull and fast battle this time around.

iNvid02

Irish said:
Eh... This is going to make me sound like a jackass, but I feel it needs to be said:

Don't watch the OP's personal beta videos. That's really not the way the game is meant to be played. The MP is at its best when people are playing more stealthily and not constantly running around.

Also, that playstyle really isn't encouraged by the game. As you can see, he's only getting 100-150 points for each of his kills. Sure, he may be getting a lot of them, but they're really not rewarding in the least. Well-thought out, 800-1000 point kills are a lot more satisfying for everyone in the game because they aren't constantly seeing people run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Of course, this is all my personal opinion.

my first few vids i didnt know how to play properly, watch video 005 if you wanna see stealth

TripOpt55

I really want to get this. Was planning on grabbing it Day 1, but my PS3 died. Hopefully I can get it before the end of the month. Looks really good.

Irish

iNvidious01 said:
my first few vids i didnt know how to play properly, watch video 005 if you wanna see stealth

My apologies, of course. I hated the game at first because there was always that one guy who wanted to run around forcing everyone else to do the same, but eventually everyone settled down. I watched the first few videos and saw that going on and didn't want people to hate the game like I originally had without knowing how just how cool it could be.

Sorry. :D

Ashes

Banned
Thread title scream's at me. Stop screamings at me; I'm not a grammar nutsie!

edit: op is hot though. Damn fine one at that.

Killthee

DualShadow said:
For anyone in the Beta how was the matchmaking and lag? Any issues?
Lag wasn't too bad for me, but mm was awful. It would take forever to get into a game most of the time and once you were in you would keep playing the same level & mode over and over until you backed out and started mm all over again. I'm hoping the retail version has some sort of playlist or a map vote at the end of a round and that my mm issues were because I joined the beta midway and because of the small pool of players.

Me and my friend were going to wait out at midnight and wearing matching white hoods and chanting Brotherhood. But being both white guys, I don't think that would go over well...

Still can't wait for this game though!!

Superfrog

Official strategy guide images (collector's edition & standard edition) -- iNvidious01, it would be great if you could you add them to the OP:

s3hdgm.jpg

es71mu.jpg

UrbanRats

Superfrog said:
Official strategy guide images (collector's edition & standard edition) -- iNvidious01, it would be great if you could you add them to the OP:

s3hdgm.jpg
What's the point of having a nice slick cover for the limited edition, if you're gonna ruin it with the "exlusive content" box?

Killthee said:
Lag wasn't too bad for me, but mm was awful. It would take forever to get into a game most of the time and once you were in you would keep playing the same level & mode over and over until you backed out and started mm all over again. I'm hoping the retail version has some sort of playlist or a map vote at the end of a round and that my mm issues were because I joined the beta midway and because of the small pool of players.
On the official forums, they mentioned that the lack of map rotation was just something for the beta. There will be some map rotation in the final game. Also, I didn't realize that they made a post-beta general changelog about a week after the beta was released.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/9371010988

Recently, we wrapped up the Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood closed beta. For the duration of the beta we received tons of great feedback from the community. Today, we’re happy to share with you a list of some of the improvements you’ll see in the final version of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood when it ships in November. This list is by no means complete, but it should give you a good idea of what to expect from the multiplayer mode in the full game. Once again, we’d like to give a big “Thank You” to all who participated in the beta and helped make it a success!

Improvements / Fixes:

* Improved Matchmaking System (faster)
* Improved Kill Cams Setup
* Improved Spawning System (better distribution of targets, better spawn points and team specific spawns
* Improved Contract Distribution System for Wanted Mode
* Improved Abilities Balancing
* Improved Smoke Bomb Ability (faster execution and more efficient effect)
* Improved Scoring Display (Score are now displayed during Kill Cams)
* Improved Ragdoll System (during Kills / Humiliations)
* Improved Lock Mechanism (more precise and responsive)
* Improved Overall Stability
* Improved Replication (players Pop-ups / Crowd)
* Improved Character Control While Climbing
* Improved Escapes (double and triple escapes are easier to do)
* Improved Sounds
* Improved Humiliation (Stun) Rules in Wanted
* Improved End Game Screen (simpler and clearer)
* Improved Gentle Push blended in a group (Doesn’t remove the player from the group)
* Bug Fix: Some Lag in the Menus
* Bug Fix: Double Skin in a Session
* Bug Fix: Hard Humiliation in a Smoke Bomb
* Bug Fix: AI standing on benches
* Bug Fix: All HUD disappears until the end of the session , except Compass and Timer
* Bug Fix: The user gets stunned and can’t stand up anymore
* Bug Fix: Sometimes the morph doesn’t work on NPCs sitting on a bench

New Features:

* New Rematch System (new map at each Rematch [beta rematches in the same map])
* New Group Lobby System (leader actions are visible by all the players)
* Teammate Indicators in Alliance Mode (showing his status and better visibility)
* Gun and Firecrackers Crowd Reaction
* Pursuer Warning Sound (whispers can be heard when your pursuer is around)
* Player Levels in Player List
* Team Score in Menus

Twitter = http://twitter.com/UbiGabe
Covering Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage, James Cameron's Avatar: The Game, Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands and Assassin's Creed 2

SamuraiX-

Can't get enough Assassin's Creed right now. Been a huge fan since the first game. Let the haters hate. Glad to see Ubisoft Montreal isn't just milking out AC2.1 with Brotherhood. Definitely looks like it'll be worth the $60.

Btw, have they released a list of what trophies will be available?

Killthee

Zero-Crescent said:
On the official forums, they mentioned that the lack of map rotation was just something for the beta. There will be some map rotation in the final game. Also, I didn't realize that they made a post-beta general changelog about a week after the beta was released.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/9371010988
Sounds great :D

SamuraiX- said:
Can't get enough Assassin's Creed right now. Been a huge fan since the first game. Let the haters hate. Glad to see Ubisoft Montreal isn't just milking out AC2.1 with Brotherhood. Definitely looks like it'll be worth the $60.

Btw, have they released a list of what trophies will be available?
List can be found here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/assassins-creed-brotherhood/achievements/

Irish

TheSeks said:
So, is there subtitles in this one?

There should be considering it was added in ACII and they even made a point of it in the actual story. I'm not sure if there's any concrete info about them though.

kiun

Still cannot decide if I should get the ps3 or 360 version. I heard ps3 is the lead platform + getting exclusives, but then AC has always been better on 360...

squicken

Loved AC2, but a lot of it was the fun story. Since they've said this is just all the unfinished stuff from AC2, only embiggened, I'm worried that the story stuff will turn shitty. Don't care about MP.

Affinity

I just finished AC2 last weekend... fell in love with the series (again) after starting it in July. I'm still on an AC high, so I'm willing to spend the money to get the collectors edition, but I really really really want the limited codex edition from the UK. It sucks big time that its limited to play.com... I have a friend over there that would most likely be willing to buy it at a retail spot,... but I dont know if he'd go as far as creating new play.com account and buying it online. I'm scouring the web trying to find other options, so does anyone here have any ideas? I'm sure many others want it too :lol

kamspy

Can't believe Ubi went back to the crazy DRM after playing nice with RUSE. Looks like AssBro is a rental now. Stupid Ubi.

jett

D-Member
kamspy said:
Can't believe Ubi went back to the crazy DRM after playing nice with RUSE. Looks like AssBro is a rental now. Stupid Ubi.

Draconian DRM and four months later.

DRM that will be hacked a few days after the game comes out, too. :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Massa said:
Yes, as any recent Ubisoft game.

Nice. No Subs in Ass Creed 1 was disappointing and I feared they backtracked after 2. Nice to see they aren't.

Killthee

Copernicus PS3 "exclusive" DLC (330MB's) is up.

shwimpy said:
Any new news on the Copernicus DLC? Is it story-based or just random missions?
It sounds like it has a little story behind it based on the store description, but I'm not expecting something very significant.

The Master of the Sacred Palace at the Vatican has decided that the activities of scientists in Rome are too dangerous and that they must be stopped to keep the people in the grip of the Church. Ezio must save Copernicus and the other prominent scientists.

kamspy

jett said:
Draconian DRM and four months later.

DRM that will be hacked a few days after the game comes out, too. :lol

Yup. The best versions of AssCreed 2 and Conviction are the pirated ones. Damn shame my dumb ass spent money on them.

Top Bottom