• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Blimblim said:
Point 1: Yes.
Point 2: On the 360 tearing is minimal. PS3 tears a bit more from what I heard.

Would you say the tearing is worse or better on the PS3 compared to AC1?
I'm leaning towards the PS3-version, since I got the PSP-version and you'll unlock shit with both version.

So is there anything replay-wise keeping this game from being a rental? I rented the original and blasted through it just fine. Ditto for Batman this year. I suck at keeping track of time, but 20 hours seems much longer than both of those were.

Ashour

Apharmd Battler said:
So what's the difference between the special editions?

Simple one is black and has the figurine wearing black and the other have him wearing white. I think that's it.

DrBo42

Son of Godzilla said:
So is there anything replay-wise keeping this game from being a rental? I rented the original and blasted through it just fine. Ditto for Batman this year. I suck at keeping track of time, but 20 hours seems much longer than both of those were.
I'm having lots of fun just fucking around in the cities after the main story has been completed. There's also assassination contracts I haven't even started. For me, I'm very happy with the purchase, going to go through the story again as well.

Nachkebia said:
Trust nobody, specially people who lived UC2, so I guess I have to wait Yatzees review :lol

So people who loved Uncharted 2 have bad taste?

I'd be willing to get a tag which says "Loves bad games" if it links to the Uncharted 2 Official Thread, especially if it links to my post in the OP with the collection of GAF reactions. *Draws line in the sand*

DrBo42

iamcool388 said:
So people who loved Uncharted 2 have bad taste?

I'd be willing to get a tag which says "Loves bad games" if it links to the Uncharted 2 Official Thread, especially if it links to my post in the OP with the collection of GAF reactions. *Draws line in the sand*

If there's 1 thing I've learned here at NeoGAF, you don't invite the mods to give you a tag. :lol

DrBo42 said:
If there's 1 thing I've learned here at NeoGAF, you don't invite the mods to give you a tag. :lol

Yeah probably, but still... hating on Uncharted 2? C'mon now :lol :lol

Edit: Reposting from earlier in this thread... PLEASE HELP!!!

iamcool388 said:
NEED HELP!!!

This is the part right after the second time you play as Desmond... i.e. the first time you have woken up from the animus... <Heavy spoilers start here>
He does the task of checking his skills and he has picked them up well from Ezio... then when he is going back upstairs... he is transported to Acre... as Altair.

I follow the guy I am supposed to follow till the corner tower... then I climb up the tower (he shuts the door) and get on a little platform with a door halfway up the tower. Just above that door is a ledge with a lantern hanging from it... am I supposed to climb that? I apparently cant climb on it... and dont see any other places where I can climb up.

How do I finish that part... please help!! :D

DrBo42

iamcool388 said:

Try running up the wall just right or left of the post and then jump in the direction of the post.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
iamcool388 said:

Jump on the ledge (either the one on the right or left) and face then jump up onto the post. It's tricky because you have to face in a direction without actually moving off of the ledge before jumping to the post

Holy shit though, this game is fucking awesome. So much more polished and fleshed out. I'm going to be getting EVERYTHING.

When I found my first "truth" I was like OMFG this is AWESOME, I didn't even know about that part of the story.
:lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
neorej said:
Would you say the tearing is worse or better on the PS3 compared to AC1?
I'm leaning towards the PS3-version, since I got the PSP-version and you'll unlock shit with both version.
It's *much* better than AC1, for both 360 and PS3 versions.

Fady K

neorej said:
In you I trust, now I need to decide which game I want now and which for Christmas: AC2 or UC2...

Dude, as a gamer who's into both franchises, you most likely HAVE to experience both - so while Uncharted 2 will go down as one of the best games of all time - maybe you'd be in the mood for the "Assassin's Creed universe" instead. So go for what you're in the mood for thematically, and then follow up with the other game :)

Dead

well not really...yet
RainbowByte said:
Some things in AC2 just cry out for DLC, dont you think?...
Since finding out that its not in the game in all of its glory, ive been thinking perhaps it could be a major DLC release in 2010...

hmmm, would be really awesome :D

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Fady K said:
Dude, as a gamer who's into both franchises, you most likely HAVE to experience both - so while Uncharted 2 will go down as one of the best games of all time - maybe you'd be in the mood for the "Assassin's Creed universe" instead. So go for what you're in the mood for thematically, and then follow up with the other game :)

I'm in the mood for both, actually. I really want to play Uncharted 2 first, but I'm afraid it'll ruin my future gamingexperiences as it will set the quality-bar to unsurmountable heights.

EzLink

Banned
Didn't really like the first one (rented it and could only play for a couple hours) but this one looks awesome. So my question is, will reading the plot summary on wiki be enough to give me full satisfaction of ACII? Or will I still feel like I'm out of the loop in regards to what is going on?

Ranger X

EzLink said:
Didn't really like the first one (rented it and could only play for a couple hours) but this one looks awesome. So my question is, will reading the plot summary on wiki be enough to give me full satisfaction of ACII? Or will I still feel like I'm out of the loop in regards to what is going on?

If you read a Wiki + the resume intro movie in the game you should be fine. I didn't know about AC1 story and I freaking love this game.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ranger X said:
If you read a Wiki + the resume intro movie in the game you should be fine. I didn't know about AC1 story and I freaking love this game.

I thought they have a nice intro video on GT trailers that fills in new comers, or was that another game?

Costanza said:
ughhh Amazon hasn't moved my copy into the shipping stage yet :(

edit: Yay, there it goes!

Gah. Amazon won't give me release date delivery as a shipping option, even though it says it's an option on the item page. =(

I really don't want to go to Best Buy...I have $20 credit from MW2 to spend here, people!

Solo

Why dont you guys just go to your local brick and mortar tomorrow, where there will be hundreds of copies?

Solo said:
Why dont you guys just go to your local brick and mortar tomorrow, where there will be hundreds of copies?
It's much cheaper on Amazon (discounts from previous games this Fall, no tax, don't have to spend time driving to the store, etc...)

AndyD

aka andydumi
SnakeswithLasers said:
Gah. Amazon won't give me release date delivery as a shipping option, even though it says it's an option on the item page. =(

I really don't want to go to Best Buy...I have $20 credit from MW2 to spend here, people!

Its too late for that. Those shipped Friday I think.

Solo

Im not saying Amazon is bad or anything - I use it all the time for books, Blurays, etc. Im just saying that for you guys dying to have New Game X on day one, rather than sitting there refreshing Amazon/checking your tracking every 5 minutes, its a hell of a lot easier to just head over to your local Best Buy/Futureshop/whatever and just pick it up.

I use Amazon for a ton of shit, including games, but not for big ones that I want right away.

jmoe316

Not sure if anyone can answer this since it hasn't technically released yet but maybe those with early copies or are very familiar with the game could answer:

Is it possible to get all achievements/trophies on one play through? Are there certain ones that have to be done at specific times (for example, getting most of those glitches in the cuscenes in the original or speaking to that girl every time).

Ultimately I would love to play through the game and then go back and get any achievements I missed. Hopefully this is possible on one playthrough and I won't have to start a new game.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any replies.

AndyD said:
Its too late for that. Those shipped Friday I think.

I always do it the monday before release--has never failed until now. =[

Oh well, may just have to settle for Wednesday.

Solo said:
Im not saying Amazon is bad or anything - I use it all the time for books, Blurays, etc. Im just saying that for you guys dying to have New Game X on day one, rather than sitting there refreshing Amazon/checking your tracking every 5 minutes, its a hell of a lot easier to just head over to your local Best Buy/Futureshop/whatever and just pick it up.

I use Amazon for a ton of shit, including games, but not for big ones that I want right away.

What, no way. I can (normally) go to Amazon on a Monday, spend the same or less than I would at a retail store (no tax, but $5 shipping), and have the game waiting for me when I get off work on Tuesday. It's amazing. Plus you get the incentives--which have netted me about $100 in savings this season.

AndyD

aka andydumi
SnakeswithLasers said:
I always do it the monday before release--has never failed until now. =[

Oh well, may just have to settle for Wednesday.

I guess it depends on where you live. My release date preorders always go out the Friday before.

And I agree, tax here in TN is more than overnight shipping, so couple that with the dicounted price its a far better deal than any local store.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
jmoe316 said:
Not sure if anyone can answer this since it hasn't technically released yet but maybe those with early copies or are very familiar with the game could answer:

Is it possible to get all achievements/trophies on one play through? Are there certain ones that have to be done at specific times (for example, getting most of those glitches in the cuscenes in the original or speaking to that girl every time).

Ultimately I would love to play through the game and then go back and get any achievements I missed. Hopefully this is possible on one playthrough and I won't have to start a new game.

It should be possible. I have over half the achievements and the ones that are left all look obtainable in this playthrough. Nothing tricky like GTAIV's "Finish Story Mode in less than 30 hours".

theluma

So anyone got a PAL retail copy?

What rating does it have on the box? Because it seems to be all over the place between 15 by the BBFC and 18+ by Pegi. Trailers have the Pegi rating, boxarts on websites have 15s...and the GAME preorder cardboard box thingy has both :lol

Ranger X

jmoe316 said:

Actually there is ONE achievement that is possible to miss that I know of. I can't garanty you 100% it's the only one but I think is.

************ WARNING -- REAL SPOILERS *****************

When you'll be at the flying machine mission, there's an achievement for kicking a military while you fly. If you don't do it in that mission, you will not be able to do it later.

I played the first game for about 20 minutes, and it didn't really grab me.

For some reason however, I think I'll be grabbing this tomorrow.

Sounds like they built a more fleshed-out game this time, which sounds great.

Anything to give me a break from the punishment of Demon's Souls.

paparazzo

Solo said:

Amazon's release date delivery has been pretty awesome for me, but in case you don't get the game day one, you could always pick it up from Walmart or something and then return the Amazon copy to Walmart once it arrives.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Solo said:
I have read this sentence multiple times and I still dont know what you are saying.
In AC1 you'd lose health if you killed a NPC. But his English seems to be lacking tonight :p

Ranger X

Solo said:
I have read this sentence multiple times and I still dont know what you are saying.

Sounds like he thought the synchronisation bar in AC1 was actually an health bar or something.

Loudninja

Ranger X said:
Anyhow, now you don't lose any health.
You gain notoriety instead. And if you kill 3 civilian in a small amount of time you desynchronise.

Thanks sounds good.
Solo said:
Ah, so by "do will steal" he meant "do we still". Gotcha!

:lol yeah sorry about that.

Top Bottom