• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: American Revolution setting confirmed [Game Informer/Box Art]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I wonder how far along this game really is.

The Game Informer article has suggested that they've been working on it for 3 years...

Sorry, didn't know. Just tried to help out the community. :)

I'm assuming they did 1 year of pre-production and 2 year of actual development and working on programming it. If they did this then we should see a lot of new stuff. Not minor mechanics like in Revelations.

Ubisoft already confirmed in a video last year that Altair, Ezio, and this new character are not related by blood. If they were then it would dilute Desmond's Assassin's blood. This new character and Desmond are related. Ezio and Desmond are related. However, Ezio and the new guy is not.

Edit NVM

Jtrizzy

Different tribes fought on both British and French sides.

Can you provide some background on that? Not trying to call you out, as I'm actually interested in the subject. I've tried to research this some, but I keep coming up with very little that shows that it was anything beyond a minor contribution. I keep coming across the battles with the massive Iroquois tribe but almost nothing about discussing the NA and colonists working together.

I'm satisfied with the setting, only thing I'm not really happy about is that Washington is on the Templar's side... The old man is one of my favourite historical characters, I don't want to assassinate him :(

Holy crap, the axe is actually the Assassin's symbol :

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202012-03-02%20%C3%A0%2002.58.08.png

Nice! :D

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
The covers go from being about being in a crowd, to being a team, to being two dudes, to a dude straight up about to hack into some British dude.

It's a pretty strong departure. Ballsy violent imagery for a cover. Visceral stuff.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
This game would excite me so much more if it wasn't for the shitty 2 games that preceded it.

Edit: But yeah, the boxart is pretty sick.

Talon

You mistake me as someone who would dare to criticize The Last of the Mohicans (the film, i never read the book). I remember seeing it on VHS back when i was a wee little impressionable idiot... who then proceeded to crack his brothers head with a fake tomahawk :D
Natty Bumpo is a famous literary character. White dude that was raised by native americans.

ctrayne

hell, if i were selling a product in the USA i'd cover that shit in american flags and eagles, i don't see how the country of origin is at all relevant

Because the game sells lots of copies all over the world and not just in the USA?

Also, do you really think that every product that comes out and does well in the US is covered with stars and stripes? You think we're all brainwashed tea partiers? What a fucking idiotic thing to say.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
CALLING IT NOW:

Lewis and Clark's expedition wasn't to explore the US but to go find and recover pieces of Eden.

Ubisoft, call me. I'd be glad to write fanfiction expanded universe novels about your universe for lots of money because I'm clearly a genius.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Who said Washington was on the Templar side?

He was a Freemason. He had the Third Apple which was passed on to his successor. Eventually JFK got his hands on it which worried the Templars since he was in favor of giving the working force more civil liberties so they had him assassinated.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Because the game sells lots of copies all over the world and not just in the USA?

Also, do you really think that every product that comes out and does well in the US is covered with stars and stripes? You think we're all tea partiers? What a fucking idiotic thing to say

it was somewhat tongue in cheek

but no joke, when i was in the US i saw a box of fireworks with an american flag, eagle head and osama bin laden's face with a crosshair over it

it was so absurd

besides which, as has already been pointed out in this thread, empire: total war changed the uniform colours of the guy on the cover and the national flag depending on where it was being sold

so obviously at least someone else thinks that patriotism sells

zkylon

zkylewd
So subjective.
lol what? Are you seriously gonna argue that 18 century Europe's architecture isn't more interesting than the american architecture at that time?

Disappointed by the reveal, but we all knew it was coming. I hope the trailers are awesome as always, though.

LiK

Can you provide some background on that? Not trying to call you out, as I'm actually interested in the subject. I've tried to research this some, but I keep coming up with very little that shows that it was anything beyond a minor contribution. I keep coming across the battles with the massive Iroquois tribe but almost nothing about discussing the NA and colonists working together.

I was referring to the Mohawks

particularly, this guy.

JoeBoy101

Don't like the Assassin Outfit. Looks better in the workup with the flag, than it does with the boxart. I liked that for the first two eras, the outfit brought through aspects of that age. This one, doesn't feel like it at all.

Talon

but no joke, when i was in the US i saw a box of fireworks with an american flag, eagle head and osama bin laden's face with a crosshair over it

it was so absurd

besides which, as has already been pointed out in this thread, empire: total war changed the uniform colours of the guy on the cover and the national flag depending on where it was being sold

It was a box of fireworks, which was probably sold by a hillbilly on the border of a state.

Alucrid

Banned

it was so absurd

They're fireworks mainly bought on the 4th of July thus the box art

ctrayne

it was so absurd

Sure, there's shit like that, but it's the minority. Most people with a brain think that looks ridiculous.

Sorry being being a whiny ass, but not all Americans are Eagle-tear lovin' flag-salutin' xenophobes.

Vire

Sure, there's shit like that, but it's the minority. Most people with a brain think that looks ridiculous.

Sorry being being a whiny ass, but not all Americans are Eagle-tear lovin' flag-salutin' xenophobes.

But I saw this fireworks box in America, surely everyone is like that.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I like the concept, but still think the headwear for the protagonist is freaking ridiculous looking in a setting like this.

Yes, I know, brand awareness, recognition and all that crap. But it just looks plain stupid.

LiK

Haha, yea. The American hate is amusing.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
This game is walking a thin line. Having the main character being native american is going to piss people off, I can see it now. My girlfriend is half-blood Native American and she's told me the game has to really watch how it portrays Native Americans to not raise controversy.

I feel the same way about the portrayal of whites in many games. I'm really offended by how game designers think white males all look alike and sound like Nathan Fillon.

Alrix

Is it just me or do those look like two different characters on the two GI covers? One looks lighter skinned and one seems darker skinned with a beard.

This game is walking a thin line. Having the main character being native american is going to piss people off, I can see it now. My girlfriend is half-blood Native American and she's told me the game has to really watch how it portrays Native Americans to not raise controversy.

It'd really be a farse if there was significant outcry over the main protagonist if he is Native American, given that they've made four consecutive games that have basically been modern anti-Catholic, anti-historic propaganda. I'd get a good laugh out of any uproar.

Petrichor

My mind...

Basically, they went for lots of bloodlines converging on desmond rather than desmond being the part of a long bloodline, because the latter would indicate that the bloodline would be more and more diluted every generation.

Also this way there are endless possibilities for sequels.

CALLING IT NOW:

Lewis and Clark's expedition wasn't to explore the US but to go find and recover pieces of Eden.

Ubisoft, call me. I'd be glad to write fanfiction expanded universe novels about your universe for lots of money because I'm clearly a genius.

Yep, and conquistadores were looking for it south, but much earlier amirite?

Vire

I don't think it's possible for me to boo loud enough. I hadn't even imagined they could go in such a dull direction. I'm almost impressed it's so bad.

I didn't realize people are still mad about losing.

Seems pretty funny that most of the hate is coming from Non-Americans.

Talon

It'd really be a farse if there was significant outcry over the main protagonist if he is Native American, given that they've made four consecutive games that have basically been modern anti-Catholic, anti-historic propaganda. I'd get a good laugh out of any uproar.
Well, they did choose Alexander the VI, who's considered one of the worst Popes when it came to abusing the office.

Believe it or not, religious folks are able to separate people's actions and their religion as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom