• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Liberation HD Coming January 14th - $20

PowderedToast

Screens on the product page:

ACL_S_6.jpg

they ruined the lighting on this one. damn.

Jito

Banned
Anyone had a chance to play this yet? I want to know if It's a worthy Assassins Creed game or just a lousy handheld port with some HD textures.

PowderedToast

Anyone had a chance to play this yet? I want to know if It's a worthy Assassins Creed game or just a lousy handheld port with some HD textures.

the scale is quite small and it's clear they cut corners, but it has some interesting ideas.

at a low price it's worth trying.

marrec

Banned

The original game was a worthy Assassin's Creed game, so I can't imagine the HD port being and different.

Toa TAK

Banned
Been looking forward to this one for a while now. Though it comes out tomorrow on the 360, so I'll be playing it then.

Jito

Banned
The original game was a worthy Assassin's Creed game, so I can't imagine the HD port being and different.

Would you say it's better than AC3? I tried to get into that game but really didn't like the cities or the pacing of the opening. AC4 is actually the first AC I've played all the way through.

marrec

Banned
Would you say it's better than AC3? I tried to get into that game but really didn't like the cities or the pacing of the opening. AC4 is actually the first AC I've played all the way through.

It was my second favorite AC game after AC2 until I played AC4. The protagonist is great and the story presentation is perhaps the best in the series yet. There were some technical hiccups on the Vita that they eventually fixed, but it's an actual AC game that easily measures up to the console releases.

In short, yes it's better than AC3.

Roto13

I like that you get right down to business as soon as the short intro mission is over. Even ACIV made you wait a while before giving you your hidden blades.

kazebyaka

Banned

I'm a biggest AC fan you can find, and i think Liberation wasn't worthy of the title of Assassin's Creed. It's even worse than the original game.

kaioshade

For 20 dollars, i will definitely give it a try. I wanted to try this on the Vita when i picked up one, never got the chance.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't the Vita HD already, what is more HD'ified on this version? lol

The Vita version was most certainly not HD by any sane person's definition.

Besides running at a respectable resolution, I imagine they will have cleaned up the awful audio from the Vita version, and implemented higher quality assets. I assume it will also have a tolerable frame rate, unlike the Vita version.

It is not. The resolution on vita is 960x544.

And Liberation was most definitely not rendered in the Vita's native resolution.

marrec

Banned
The Vita version was most certainly not HD by any sane person's definition.

Besides running at a respectable resolution, I imagine they will have cleaned up the awful audio from the Vita version, and implemented higher quality assets. I assume it will also have a tolerable frame rate, unlike the Vita version.

The Vita versions frame rate was perfectly tolerable with some noticeable dips during some scenes.

Regardless though, I'm sure the HD version will have those dips cleaned up.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The Vita versions frame rate was perfectly tolerable with some noticeable dips during some scenes.

Different people have different tolerance levels, I suppose, but the game was almost constantly below 30fps. When running around town, it was frequently in the low 20s and high teens.

Just take a look at this Eurogamer analysis:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-vs-playstation-vita

I couldn't play it.

Downloading now on PS3. Would have loved a PS4 version though. I enjoyed Aveline a lot as a character on the Vita version, but the performance and poorly explained mini games really held this one back from being enjoyable.

I'm hoping this version is solid. I enjoyed 4 way more than expected and it really pulled me back into the series.

Kanokare

The frame rate was not tolerable. 30 is tolerable, but what felt like 15 on the Vita, wasn't. I just wanted to finish Liberation for the story and that was a feat in itself because the reduced frame rate also welcomed higher input lag.

I'm pretty sure it will be a lot better with the HD version, especially the PC version that I'm aiming to get within the year. Game wasn't that bad outside my frame rate issue. Maybe a solid 7.0 and for the length of the game 15-20 dollars is a good release date pice.

Datrio

So even though it's supposed to unlock tomorrow, I downloaded it now as a "Trial version". Seems to put me in the middle of the game, it will probably let me play everything tomorrow.

It's VERY buggy so far. Enemies appear out of nowhere (and they aren't visible on the mini-map), I couldn't loot a chest, my hidden blades are getting deselected at various intervals. During the first mission the enemies seem to notice me even if I'm hidden from their sight.

Also the city is pretty quiet. By that I mean both the lack of people on the streets and lack of dialogue.

The upgraded graphics are nice, but you can see very low quality assets (like the hay carts).

I do hope they will release a patch tomorrow, because right now playing this sucks :/

Sioen

So even though it's supposed to unlock tomorrow, I downloaded it now as a "Trial version". Seems to put me in the middle of the game, it will probably let me play everything tomorrow.

It's VERY buggy so far. Enemies appear out of nowhere (and they aren't visible on the mini-map), I couldn't loot a chest, my hidden blades are getting deselected at various intervals. During the first mission the enemies seem to notice me even if I'm hidden from their sight.

Also the city is pretty quiet. By that I mean both the lack of people on the streets and lack of dialogue.

The upgraded graphics are nice, but you can see very low quality assets (like the hay carts).

I do hope they will release a patch tomorrow, because right now playing this sucks :/
That sucks, was really looking forward to this..

Ilúvatar

I haven't played Liberation because I don't have a Vita. I definitely want to pick it up, but can anyone tell me what the proper order to play Liberation and the Liberation content in Black Flag would be?

I bought it on PS4, but could never figure out how to access that DLC.

Right from the main menu, should be in the top right tile

Sioen

Ilúvatar;97097267 said:
I haven't played Liberation because I don't have a Vita. I definitely want to pick it up, but can anyone tell me what the proper order to play Liberation and the Liberation content in Black Flag would be?

Right from the main menu, should be in the top right tile
First liberation the game, then the worthless pos liberation dlc that doesn't have any story whatsoever.

Teddified

I'm guessing there is no Uplay Rewards/actions for this game? Doesn't seem to have any listed or reserved.

Was the vita game a Uplay thing? If not they probably didn't have anything to add.

Melpontro

I'm guessing there is no Uplay Rewards/actions for this game? Doesn't seem to have any listed or reserved.

Was the vita game a Uplay thing? If not they probably didn't have anything to add.

The Vita version did not have any Uplay integration as far as I know.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Already downloaded it but its a trial version, guess it unlocks tomorrow (UK)

Roto13

There's a Uplay option on the main menu but when I checked, the rewards and goals lists were empty. (PS3.)

Teddified

There's a Uplay option on the main menu but when I checked, the rewards and goals lists were empty. (PS3.)

Yeah that's why I'm curious. I guess they may just want it to connect to their service maybe. But if there are no rewards/actions there isn't much use for the option on consoles.

Top Bottom