• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Shadows to Feature Single-Player Battle-Passes, Key Art leaked

The_Verecocha

Neo Member
So all simply for cosmetics and…that’s it?

Yeah, definitely worthy of you all having a shit fit over…or not. Christ you’re all so whiny…

Game offers something for money you can completely choose to ignore if you wish and just play the game…gamers go wild at how the world is ending AGAIN…embarrassing.

Oh my god Ubisoft how dare you offer something that some people may want to buy that doesn’t affect me AT ALL aside from potentially having to select not interested now and again.

MORAL PANIC TIME!!!

Some of you need to find out what real issues and problems are because fuck me you are soft little things.

Wow - GAAS and 7 foot black ninjas in feudal Japan being stealthy - GOTY right here!
Notice a black man for the ninja to be paired of course with a female companion. God forbid they tried to keep it authentic and put an asian male ninja……..morons. More woke BS to appease a certain demographic that is more concerned with race swapping in every element of society. Get fucked with your woke propaganda Ubisoft!

EDMIX

I take Sekiro 2 instead.

lol I'll take all of em.

Ronin
Sekiro 2
AC Shadows
GoT2

Fuck I look like playing less lol

kozmo-laughing.gif

Last edited:

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
So all simply for cosmetics and…that’s it?

Yeah, definitely worthy of you all having a shit fit over…or not. Christ you’re all so whiny…

Game offers something for money you can completely choose to ignore if you wish and just play the game…gamers go wild at how the world is ending AGAIN…embarrassing.

Oh my god Ubisoft how dare you offer something that some people may want to buy that doesn’t affect me AT ALL aside from potentially having to select not interested now and again.

MORAL PANIC TIME!!!

Some of you need to find out what real issues and problems are because fuck me you are soft little things.

Calm down kiddo, we can bitch about this while also understanding there are worse things happening in the world right now.

Battle passes are typically ok in MP games because repetition is part of those games. Doesn’t work in a single player title. It’s also representative of the extreme bloat of modern Ass Creed titles. Only now they’ve found a way to add even more stuff, if you pay. But the main problem there is even if you don’t pay, you’re stuck in an ecosystem built for the people who pay. If this is a typical battle pass full of check boxes and repetitive challenges then you’ll be doing those things over and over even if you aren’t interested in paying. It’s the same nonsense people used to say to defend games with premium currency and unlock MTX. Even if you have no intention of paying, you’re in that ecosystem.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Oh man, I though the rumours of a black samurai being lead where wrong…

Release and promotion of this game are going to be a shitshow in all directions.

I’m getting tired of this tbh.

forsakkenSoul

Neo Member
if they're going to add cosmetics I hope it's something that makes sense. I don't know how it was in Valhalla but in Odyssey you have a lot of armor for the main character that looks like it was inspired by a carnival show, not to mention the horses, there's a horse on fire, a horse that leaves a trail of rainbows wherever it goes, a unicorn, things that don't make any sense to have in these games.

Zathalus

Notice a black man for the ninja to be paired of course with a female companion. God forbid they tried to keep it authentic and put an asian male ninja……..morons. More woke BS to appease a certain demographic that is more concerned with race swapping in every element of society. Get fucked with your woke propaganda Ubisoft!
Firstly the man is clearly meant to be a Samurai and not a Ninja, and secondly the character is based off Yasuke, a weapon-bearer for Oda Nobunaga who was a black man.

I assume you were outraged about Nioh as well then, considering it starred a white dude? Or do you only get angry about black people in video games?

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Blending in the crowd will be interesting when playing as yasuke.

Big ass dude just killed 30 people and is standing in the middle of a bunch of tiny japanese women hoping no one notices him. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
This battle pass system is getting way out of hands ffs , the other day I started tekken and couldn't stop laughing tekken 8 now has battle pass
It makes the game literally a grindy job in most cases

if they're going to add cosmetics I hope it's something that makes sense. I don't know how it was in Valhalla but in Odyssey you have a lot of armor for the main character that looks like it was inspired by a carnival show, not to mention the horses, there's a horse on fire, a horse that leaves a trail of rainbows wherever it goes, a unicorn, things that don't make any sense to have in these games.
I just hope that they add an Afro Samurai type of outfit(including the bandana/flowing hair):

afro-samurai.gif

Or the anime Yasuke look:

yasuke-black.gif

There’s potential for great outfits here.

SJRB

Gold Member
Nothing gets me more excited about an upcoming game reveal than reading about battle passes, DLC missions, microtransactions and all the other ways the publisher will try to nickle-and-dime me after I already spent 70+ euros.

Nothing gets me more excited about an upcoming game reveal than reading about battle passes, DLC missions, microtransactions and all the other ways the publisher will try to nickle-and-dime me after I already spent 70+ euros.
Wait about 2-3 years and buy it all for under 20.

That’s what I do 🤷‍♂️

It might explain why I’m not as harsh on Ubisoft (and to a lesser extent Capcom).

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
It's even better when it's before they've shown the game itself. I guess this is the draw for a lot of people.

clarky

Gold Member
Would rather they have a ingame season pass every 6 months with 100 levels of unlocks that don't go away after a Season or Project is over and is instead added as loot or in a shop using ingame currency(not MTX) to acquire. You know like in Deep Rock Galactic. But uh it's Ubisoft so I kind of expect a P2W element in single player game to happen again.

Would rather they sell us a complete game rather than this nickel and dime bullshit in single player titles.

I'm late for the images, but not surprised at all. This trilogy already had a store, and seeing how well is ubi doing financially, no surprise they gonna try to milk every drop

xrnzaaas

Collecting free costumes in Stellar Blade was such a refreshing thing to do, time to go back to games from big corpos with their battle passes and mtxs.

I'm late for the images, but not surprised at all.
The image was of a tall black samurai in full samurai warrior armor and a female japanese kunoichi in traditional all black ninja garb, hinting that this is either going to be a GTA V character switching situation or a dual campaign like Odyssey.

The image was of a tall black samurai in full samurai warrior armor and a female japanese kunoichi in traditional all black ninja garb, hinting that this is either going to be a GTA V character switching situation or a dual campaign like Odyssey.
Thanks for describing it lol. The black dude and the girl I believe it got leaked a while ago, I was referring about the battle pass thing, but thanks regardless 👍

Samurai game set in feudal Japan starring a black guy - sounds legit. It occurs to me that because of long game development times, we are now starting to see games conceived during that whole 2020 BLM riots/Trump/race panic period when America lost its collective mind. It's going to be rough isn't it.

Honestly, between this and the lesbian Star Wars game, it's hard to know where not to spend my money first.

Top Bottom