• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Unity Leaked PS4 version shots (Confirmed 900p / 30fps)

Coonce

It can't possibly actually look that bad, can it? So disappointing.

I'm wondering the same thing, maybe it looks better in motion..? Everything looks so blurry so I can't imagine it looking much better in motion.

I await the higher quality videos, bullshots might not even do this game justice.

I'm wondering the same thing, maybe it looks better in motion..? Everything looks so blurry so I can't imagine it looking much better in motion.

I await the higher quality videos, bullshots might not even do this game justice.

I can believe the blur, it is definitely a poor AA solution they are using that causes blur and is usually more predominant in screens than in motion.

Every Unity thread has been a nightmare. It's bickering to complaining to bringing up legitimate criticisms to everyone doing whatever they do. I'm outta here mates, good luck!

//ARCANUM

Literally looks like an Atari 2600 game

aWinner.gif

Goldrusher

I have a 46" Bravia, and if Ubisoft hadn't publicly announced the patch to 1080p, I serisouly doubt I would have noticed. And I'm not special, though I do wear corrective lenses to give me "perfect" vision... so I doubt many others would have noticed in either, including a lot of the loudest brayers about it.
Is your TV set to "no scale" and is your PS4 correctly set-up (Settings --> Sound and Screen --> Display Area Settings) ?
A lot of people have both wrong, making pixel-perfect 1080p impossible.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Those screens are just of poor quality right?

I doubt the game will look like that. Even Watch Dogs looked good in the screenshots thread and was not that blurry.
My thoughts exactly.

Yes that zoomed in cutscene looks great. Now what about the rest of the blurry mess?
What 360 launch game looks like this? A zoomed out shot.
jrVdN0E.jpg

Are these screenshots compressed or something?
Yes they are compressed, if Ign's "exclusive coverage" is of Unity then we'll see the uncompressed version at 900p.

iNvid02

IGN uploaded the 3rd part of their making-of, more about the story(ies), the characters, the background, the city, and how they built their vision and the time frame from historiographical sources (very basic imo)

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/10/31/making-assassins-creed-unity-part-3-assassins-in-paris

Don't know if it deserves a thread

theres some scenes in here from the screenshots in the OP and they have no blur, not sure whats going on here but its gonna be interesting to see this at launch

A prerendered one at that.

Are you sure it's not real-time, but on disc?

its realtime, just like the previous games. people just seem to be making shit up as they go
KuGsj.gif

Have we got impressions from those people who got the game early, specifically framerate? Cause only a month ago I saw it demonstrated at a trade show and the framerate was abysmal, I don't know how old the build was though.

Muffdraul

I got a XBR929 55" and I noticed sitting about six feet away. Are you going to recommend I sit farther?

You know what? We'll never know if you would have noticed had Ubi not announced it. So let's just throw you on the Exception pile.

Too bad the videos are down. I would have liked to see this in motion before jumping to any conclusions.

Whatever anyone thought of the videos themselves, the game looked much better in motion than it does in the screen shots.

woen

It's arguably worse than the screenshots because the framerate is very erratic.

There better be the best day one patch of all time.

Yep. The game must have gone gold 7-10 days ago, we are 2 weeks from launch, they must still work on the game to have at least less blurry AA and a more stable framerate.
Or I'll lose hope in humanity.
sad%20frog.gif

I don't remember for AC3 but AC4 got a patch, at least on PS4.
After numerous patches in AC3 voices were still out of sync with characters talking or their mouths wouldn't move at all. More clipping than a gamer could ever ask for. The framerate dropped more than the beat in a David Guetta song, and then all kinds of mission failing bugs. Thankfully AC4 was great (although still clipping galore), but I haven't forgotten 3.

system11

Strange screenshots. Some parts look excellent, almost like a watercolour painting. Some other parts just look akward. The picture is way, way too soft - AC4 looked miles better than this (I bought it for PS4 on release but didn't play it until the 1080P patch was available).

Anyone who says AC4 looked better, I suggest you go play AC4 again.

I spent at least 40 hours on that game, and NO, it does not look better. Not only on a technical level, but also France looks better than any thing in AC4.

There is something wrong if you think it looks like a 360 game. I just don't believe you can fool yourself into thinking it does.

The hate with this game pre-release is identical to Watch Dogs pre-release. Get your heads out of your asses.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Not gonna jump the ship and say the game looks like total shat (need better pics - sources) which it does BUT, Amazon is showing this game is going to sell most on PS4 and looking at those Ubi financials, that company depends heavily on the PlayStation platform. Not sure what they were thinking with all that parity talk.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Not gonna jump the ship and say the game looks like total shat (need better pics - sources) which it does BUT, Amazon is showing this game is going to sell most on PS4 and looking at those Ubi financials, that company depends heavily on the PlayStation platform. Not sure what they were thinking with all that parity talk.
I would not be surprised at all if this game sold very well like Watch Dogs.

Anyone who says AC4 looked better, I suggest you go play AC4 again.

I spent at least 40 hours on that game, and NO, it does not look better. Not only on a technical level, but also France looks better than any thing in AC4.

There is something wrong if you think it looks like a 360 game. I just don't believe you can fool yourself into thinking it does.

The hate with this game pre-release is identical to Watch Dogs pre-release. Get your heads out of your asses.
No, you need to get your eyes checked if you think that. Did you play the ps3 version of Black Flag or something because the PS4 version looked fantastic. This game looks like vaseline smeared shit.

Top Bottom