• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Unity Leaked PS4 version shots (Confirmed 900p / 30fps)

majik13

(his foot clips through the railing) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Between this and the foot clipping through the railing I'm dying here. Tries to exit on a goodnote, shows a bullshot clip with a fail in it.

Wouldn't normally bother me, but it's a cutscene, how do you mess that up?

edit: did someone update that gif or something?
Redesigning assets after the animation was validated. Update the engine and there.

to me it looks like both feet go up and over the railing really quick, hard to tell though without frame by framing. but id bet no clipping

edit: well nevermind, knee looks to clip through.

still a minor nitpick.

Goldrusher

Zoom in on the lower portion and clearly watch his entire foot clip through the railing.

frame_066.gif

frame_067.gif

frame_068.gif

frame_069.gif

frame_070.gif
--> right leg clipping

frame_071.gif
--> right leg clipping

frame_072.gif
--> right leg clipping

frame_073.gif

frame_074.gif

frame_075.gif

frame_076.gif

frame_077.gif

frame_078.gif

frame_079.gif

Eh. Whatever you guys say I guess. Just judging the SCREENSHOT, not considering the SCOPE of the gameplay area, it is not that crazy of a statement. The limited texture-resolution, the lack of self-shadowing, ...

Look at this: http://i1.wp.com/gearnuke.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ACUnity-PS4-Leaked-6.jpg

Well, to be honest, we don't know where the sun is in relation to the character. If the sun is setting and is behind some buildings then the character wouldn't really cast a shadow. I guess it all depends on how good their lighting really is.

No, you need to get your eyes checked if you think that. Did you play the ps3 version of Black Flag or something because the PS4 version looked fantastic. This game looks like vaseline smeared shit.

Have you played the game? Please. Tell us how it plays because you are clearly not judging this based on a few screenshots.

Your Unity post bashing is not doing you any favours.

Piggus

The difference his huge! See how obvious it is, when I make a before/after gif that's totally zoomed in and blown up?

The difference is there, the difference is undeniable. But it's closer to subtle than huge.

The pic isn't zoomed in. It's just isolating that one spot... The difference is just as obvious without cropping the image.

I don't know what to glean from screenshots alone when it comes to current gen games - they all tend to look so much better in motion. So I'm assuming a good amount is lost and flattened out in these shots. That and games with dynamic lighting tend to have really nice shots and really horrible shots for the same content depending upon the lighting conditions.

Jonm1010

Banned
Compressed videos and screenshots of the game? With the videos that look even more compressed uploaded with facebook looking better than the game does in screenshots.

Lets get something on record here

1.) Do you deny that Ubisoft has downgraded the game that they told consumers was real-time when it was released and later shown in gameplay form at E3?

2.) You are aware Ubisoft has admitted to seeking parity with the title?

So why the constant damage control and water carrying? Regardless of whether these screens may not represent the full graphical fidelity of the game at release are you not at a minimum fed up with institutional deception that Ubisoft employs when marketing their games? Or more applicable the forced parity that is by its design holding back one version of the game?

ironcreed

Banned
Fucking NOBODY would notice that if it wasn't looped into a 2-second gif.

This is getting kind of silly.

Yeah, I am going to be too busy playing the game. Not pressing my face against the screen, counting every pixel and analyzing each frame with a fine tooth comb. It looks fun, it has great characters and a wonderful environment that looks gorgeous in all of the actual gameplay footage. That is all I care about, personally.

Looks like its been rendered at a lower resolution, I play on a laptop, and sometimes im forced to play at 1024 and add some AA, and it usually looks as blurry as that...

Fucking NOBODY would notice that if it wasn't looped into a 2-second gif.

This is getting kind of silly.

Absolutely... These devs didn't bust their A for a few years just to have people rip it apart. It's pretty sad. I for one am buying the hell out of this game :)

Muffdraul

The pic isn't zoomed in. It's just isolating that one spot... The difference is just as obvious without cropping the image.

I already addressed that. And if it was already that obvious without cropping then DF wouldn't have wasted their time cropping it.

Top Bottom