• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Unity Leaked PS4 version shots (Confirmed 900p / 30fps)

Looks great, except for the character's faces. Only a week left!

What? The AA solution they are using is bluring the entire image, the AF is awful, and a lot of detail is lost in the distance (shadows missing and the AF takes an even bigger dive in quality).

Like always it will look much better in motion, but I agree, Ubisoft did not do well with this engine for next-gen, ditto for the Watch Dogs engine.

inFamous Second Son and Ryse still have not been beat, and both those games came out either at launch or mere months after. inFamous is the better example since it is an open world game in comparison.

GlamFM

Banned
Don´t know guys - I think it looks pretty great. Check out the album in the OP - some great shots in there.

jett

D-Member
yFrs0xA.jpg
wut. maybe a day-one patch will fix whatever is going on here

IQ is really dreadful. BF4 was 900peepees too but it didn't look like this.

SerTapTap

Definitely. Bad compression on the OP pics??

Compression artefacts are pretty tell-tale with a "jpeg" look (blocks of color, clean areas have "static"), unless someone deliberately applied some sort of extremely mild bilinear-esque filter I don't think it's anything but direct capture that's blurry.

Aroll

I'm not one to defend Ubisoft or AC, even if I enjoy the series time to time, but these images are terrible representations. It doesn't excuse lack of shadows or whatever, but the image quality is piss poor and highly compressed.

The game probably looks better than this. Just my two cents.

Gah.... I want to play the game but I am hesitant to play it on PC due to Ubisoft being utterly moronic with their Uplay... I guess I will just skip this game altogether

impact

Banned
Having played the game... "30 FPS"... Heh.

That's one hell of a ceiling!

Digital Foundry thread is gonna be way more popular than the OT. If this game looks this bad and can't hold 30fps on PS4, Sucker Punch must be fucking wizards.
Or Ubishit

KKRT00

Their AA coverage seems perfect. They are probably using technique similar to SMAA T1x.
That would also explain blurriness.

d1rtn4p

I'll be honest, that looks like pure crap. Guess I'm definitely going with Far Cry 4 as my Ubisoft Game experience for 2014.

Top Bottom