• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

lol you used the title I came up with :D

OT: I don't know what to think about this game. On one hand, I really want to play a proper Assassin's Creed game, but on the other, I'm hearing really mixed messages about it.

woen

Just saw this guy got it early and is currently steaming it on ps4:

http://www.twitch.tv/necgamez

Dat ugly red outfit my god.

4c8i0rh.png

He says he completed the sidequests in 10 hours

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Does anyone know why I don't get audio on Twitch Tv streams? I'm on OS X 10.10 using Safari. Please let me know if you're incurring the same issues!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Does anyone know why I don't get audio on Twitch Tv streams? I'm on OS X 10.10 using Safari. Please let me know if you're incurring the same issues!
Your first mistake was using safari and not joining the chrome master race. But seriously I don't know why you're experiencing sound issues.

Any word from Ubi yet on a 1080p patch? I haven't heard shit in terms of press releases for this game since that asshole blog post "Ubisoft offers fans a resolution"

VanWinkle

Okay, I have an...issue. I decided to go ahead and buy the game code off of my brother. I turned on my Xbox One, it logged me in, and it also logged my fiancee's account in (I don't know why; she isn't here or anything). I went on the store and redeemed the code, went back into the home menu and saw that it was on my fiancee's page. I suddenly got this horrible feeling that it wasn't redeemed to my account but rather her's.

How can I tell whether it was put on my account or not?

Windpower

Banned
guy streaming literally jumped into a crowd, alerted the guards who then did nothing, and continued to do nothing as he assassinated a dude. crowd was making screaming sounds yet stood perfectly still, watchdogs levels of terrible AI, jesus.

Think I'll get it on PSN tonight so I can preload while I sleep and while I'm at work :>

I know this will be $30 somewhere by Black Friday but eh whatever.

Corgi

Banned
would love some indepth impressions on combat.

I know they changed counter system, but everything else from attack animations to kill animations look quite similar to Ac3-4.

curious if the combat feels as sluggish.

Yoday

Bold words! I've missed Jesper Kyd ever since he left the series. Your comment surprises me. I hope it's true.
I would agree with him, however it is hard to compare it to the work Jesper Kyd did on the series, as it is a much different sound. Unity's soundtrack is much more classical. It is a two volume soundtrack, and I have been listening to it since it went up on Amazon MP3 Thursday morning. There are 51 tracks between the two volumes.

Nice to know no screen tearing

I am concerned about a lack of color on the outdoor environments, they don't look that interesting to explore

Still picking up my preorder but I have been disappointed in outdoor screens and combat video (guard taking to many hits to take down)

seat

I would agree with him, however it is hard to compare it to the work Jesper Kyd did on the series, as it is a much different sound. Unity's soundtrack is much more classical. It is a two volume soundtrack, and I have been listening to it since it went up on Amazon MP3 Thursday morning. There are 51 tracks between the two volumes.

I'll keep an open mind, but I think Kyd's mix of modern electronic and classic orchestral sound was a perfect fit for the series. The difference between AC1 and AC2 shows how versatile he can be. AC3's soundtrack was a tremendous disappointment to me when it first came out, but I did enjoy aspects of AC4's. However, it must be said that both aren't nearly as memorable as prior installments.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Here's some screens. I'll take some more later. Sorry for the Hud.

Not sure how I feel about them spacing the ABXY/puppetry buttons out. I guess for the sake of "space" for the words next to the actions, but still...

Seems a mixed bag. I await the PC version to see if there's ways to brute-force the blurry filter out. :/

The IQ in this game is so bad.

All fine detail is gone. Textures as a result look much worse then most 720p games.

What brand of petroleum jelly are they using for Anti Aliasing?

Keep pressing R3 to hide the HUD.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw that you already knew that.

Cool thanks for the tip. I didn't know that actually, I was adjusting the HUD in the options menu.

Not sure how I feel about them spacing the ABXY/puppetry buttons out. I guess for the sake of "space" for the words next to the actions, but still...

Seems a mixed bag. I await the PC version to see if there's ways to brute-force the blurry filter out. :/

Not a big deal honestly because once you get use to the context of the buttons, you will probably turn that section of the HUD off like I plan to. The customization options for the HUD are pretty good.

would love some indepth impressions on combat.

I know they changed counter system, but everything else from attack animations to kill animations look quite similar to Ac3-4.

curious if the combat feels as sluggish.

I need to play more before I conclusively say but its not radically different by any means. My experience with the series is neutral to low since I tend to give up on the game but rolling feels better, did the old games have roll? It felt instinctively more sharp but I haven't fought an actual crowd yet or used weapons for that matter. Still super early, sorry.

Nice to know no screen tearing

I am concerned about a lack of color on the outdoor environments, they don't look that interesting to explore

Still picking up my preorder but I have been disappointed in outdoor screens and combat video (guard taking to many hits to take down)

The lighting makes a siginificant difference, sometimes its contrasty and sometimes its drab and overcast. The rain effects are mediocre. Also the amount of fog varies a lot at any given time which is cool.

haha you went with my thread title!

I don't have much hope for this, or for a good PC port, or for something that is not a glitched out mess, but I'm still mildly interested.

So glad this title was picked. It was my front runner from the beginning! Although there really were so many great thread title ideas for this one.

Kevyt

Anyone has any idea if the Nvidia promo code for this game is a physical or digital one?

Digital code. I got the promo from Newegg, and they send you an email with a code that you use in the geforce website, and then you can choose between AC Unity, FC4, and the Crew.

Top Bottom