• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa coming to consoles in 2016

Megalo

Who want to buy this game to play with controller, don't waste your money. It is not Gran Turismo or Forza. This game should be played ONLY with good wheel, I am serious.

To be honest I'm having a blast with this game on PC with a 360 controller (no assist). Tuned well, it just feels right imo :)

Nonetheless I agree, a driving wheel will always feel better.

JamboGT

Who want to buy this game to play with controller, don't waste your money. It is not Gran Turismo or Forza. This game should be played ONLY with good wheel, I am serious.

Game works fine with a controller, was testing it on PC the other day, a wheel is more rewarding though of course.

Forgive me if it's been covered elsewhere but is there a possibility that the cronusmax would work with the Fanatec gear?

The adapter takes G25/27 input and fools the PS4 into thinking it's talking to a G29. Can the Fanatec in PS3 mode fool the Cronusmax into thinking it's talking to a G25?

Isn't that basically the same principle used to achieve Fanatec compatibility on PS3 games that only supported Logitechs?

Does that use the GIMX software?

Fanatec wheels have been confirmed working with the £10 GIMX DIY adapter in Logitech PS3 mode.

Hello, and thanks for this great software and mod.

I have got the Logitech g25 working great in Driveclub using the Arduino Leonardo and the CP2102. Really simple and after changing the config to fill out all the buttons, it seems to work a treat. Also had to swap the RX and TX pins.

One thing that intrigued me was I have a Fanatec GT3 RS V2 with Clubsport Pedals (V1 I think). This wheel has a PS3 mode you can put it into for use on the PS3. This mode emulates a G25 and when plugged into windows with PS3 mode on, Logitech profiler sees it as a G25.

So I did the same setup as the g25, used the same config and the Fanatec wheel works great in Driveclub, all the buttons seem to work and the pedals do. I don't have a H-shifter so I am unable to test that, but even better than having the G25 working is having the Fanatec working as I prefer this wheel.

I believe that the Fanatec GT2 wheel, and the CSR wheel have this PS3 mode, so I assume they should work too.

Just thought I would give you my findings, great work, keep it up Matlo

VVV Mars VG

Can you say anything about how it handles with a pad?, or has that information been embargo'd? (which might say enough in itself!)

Who's up for making a new OT then?

I haven't played it as much as Kevin and can't go into any details yet, but first impressions were positive. More on all of that in the coming days.

danowat

Banned
Half of me is glad I am getting it on PS4, the other half is concerned that those performance issues are also apparent in the PS4 version :-/, I remember the reports saying that the game was held back on consoles for performance reasons.

Solal

Very interested in this game... but also very worried about the framerate/tearing on PS4...

These kind of problems totally ruin my immersion.

Fingers crossed.

danowat

Banned
Very interested in this game... but also very worried about the framerate/tearing on PS4...

These kind of problems totally ruin my immersion.

Fingers crossed.

I am sure there will be plenty of impressions shortly, I was hoping to get the game tomorrow, but I haven't had a dispatch notice yet, so I am not holding my breath.

Am going to try and get the OT up tomorrow morning, all the text is done, just waiting for some graphics to make it look a bit nicer!

We thought you would like to know that the following have been successfully processed and will shortly be dispatched to you by Royal Mail Post.

Royal Mail, what could go wrong ;)

MGR

Ugh. So much screen tearing it even puts me off :( A real shame because the physics are wonderful.
(PS4 version with day one patch V1.01)

Ugh. So much screen tearing it even puts me off :( A real shame because the physics are wonderful.

Is it also present when you are hotlapping and alone on the track??
Back in the day when the AI was all around terrible in the PC version, most people still loved the game, even if it was just a hotlapping simulator. (no, I didn't say the AI is great now)

Solal

Fuck fuck fuck.... that was my biggest fear... i can't play games with screen tearing... it annoys me too much.

Fuuuuck!

cooldawn

GTPlanet posted this video of a Mecedes GT3 around Brands Hatch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ynF7LneELo

It does look really rough. Probably on par with Project CARS. 2D trees, horrible lighting and a terrible sound mix (I doubt a car's engine would come in and out like that on the replay). Talking of replays, they look horrid. Watch those brake discs suddenly light up too.

The gameplay had better deliver.

Momentary

Banned
GTPlanet posted this video of a Mecedes GT3 around Brands Hatch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ynF7LneELo

It does look really rough. Probably on par with Project CARS. 2D trees, horrible lighting and a terrible sound mix (I doubt a car's engine would come in and out like that on the replay). Talking of replays, they look horrid. Watch those brake discs suddenly light up too.

The gameplay had better deliver.

What's wrong with brake discs glowing?

I was interested in AC, but then I picked up F1 2017 last week and I can't justify another racing purchase so soon.

F1 runs amazingly well on PS4 if anyone was interested.

Hopefully I'll grab AC on sale at some point.

For me the GTPlanet video looks terrible because... that looks like Forza played with a pad. My AC moves, the car is shaking, I get a sense of body roll, pitch and yaw, road feel and speed-bumpiness as well... they must have turned every single camera movement option completely off. Horrific... why would you do that?? It makes the game look like a PS2-era racing game physics wise... worse actually. And the person doesn't even seem to be a bad driver.

Some racing guys... I just don't get. *head shaking in despair*

Edit: Wait, here is a clip from the same car I recorded when I tried out the Win10 GameDVR with a Steam game for the first time:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FFsReedRichards/video/20540829/embed

See? It mooooves.

Edit2: Uuups, NOT the same car... never mind... doesn't change that cockpit cam with ZERO camera movement is a terrible way to play and a terrible way to show off a game.

MGR

Worse than PCARS?

Oh yes. But I never considered PCars tearing to be THAT bad. AC feels like it never quite hits 60fps.

Is it also present when you are hotlapping and alone on the track??
Back in the day when the AI was all around terrible in the PC version, most people still loved the game, even if it was just a hotlapping simulator. (no, I didn't say the AI is great now)

I ran solo hot laps with a 1M on Barcelona and a 488 on Imola. Both tear like rice paper.

Interestingly though, I also ran the 1M in Barcelona with a full grid of 16 cars and it didn't seem to make any appreciable difference to the tearing. (ie not worse).

Top Bottom