• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At E3 Spike is partnering with LucasArts to unveil an epic new Star Wars franchise

Loudninja

@geoffkeighley

At E3 Spike is partnering with LucasArts to unveil an epic new Star Wars franchise. Real gameplay coming

New York, NY – May 25, 2012 – Calling all Jedi, Sith lords and Bounty Hunters! Spike TV and Lucasfilm today announced that the network will be airing all six of the “Star Wars” movies throughout Memorial Day weekend beginning tonight, Friday May 25 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. The movie marathon airs just days before Spike TV’s plans to exclusively unveil the newest game franchise in the “Star Wars” universe, which will debut at the 2012 Electronic Entertainment Expo. A first look at this top secret project will be revealed on Thursday, May 31, as a part of the pre-E3 episode of Spike’s hit video game show “GTTV,” followed by the live world gameplay premiere of this new “Star Wars” franchise during the network’s “E3 All Access Live” primetime special on June 4 at 10:00 pm ET/7:00 pm PT.

“I am blown away by both the caliber of the team on this project and their bold vision for this new ‘Star Wars’ title,” said Geoff Keighley, Host and Executive Producer, Spike TV’s “E3 All Access Live” special. “I can’t wait to introduce our viewers to this game and show off the footage that left my jaw on the floor when I first saw it.”

During the GTTV pre-E3 episode, Geoff Keighley travels to San Francisco for exclusive behind-the-scenes access into the LucasArts studio. GTTV also meets with the LucasArts’ development team to reveal the name and concept behind this game and introduces viewers to the talented artists who are bringing the E3 demo to life.
http://www.spike.com/press/2012/05/...ire-of-the-next-big-star-wars-game-franchise/

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/206067140611162113

Is this that 1313 Boba Fett game then? Perhaps what Clint Hawking has been working on (or is that totally original IP?)

I love to dream big so this is clearly:

RAVEN SOFT and LUCAS ARTS present JEDI KNIGHT 4: KATARN IS BACK TO SLICE SOME BITCHES.

New franchise, so unless they make a spiritual Jedi Knight it wont be it.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

RAVEN SOFT and LUCAS ARTS present JEDI KNIGHT 4: KATARN IS BACK TO SLICE SOME BITCHES.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They're making an FPS, action/adventure game, and open world RPG internally.

Take your pick for which one fits Star Wars 1313.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Spike? M rated Star Wars game?

This sounds like enough promotion that it could only be either Battlefront 3 or some big budget new IP. As much as I'd like it to be Republic Commando 2.

Orayn

If it's the FPS, I expect at least a few outraged people to conveniently forget about the Republic Commandos and the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight series.

Tucah

you speak so well
Is it too much to hope that this new franchise is at least a spiritual successor to the Jedi Knight series?

Yes

They're making an FPS, action/adventure game, and open world RPG internally.

Take your pick for which one fits Star Wars 1313.

One is also a flight game from what I remember from different CV's and job postings.

This is probably Star Wars 1313, the question then which of the three that is.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Open world bounter hunter.

Why do we need an epic new series?

Why not just make proper sequels to X-Wing and Tie Fighter?

LucasArts was hiring for a aerial space combat game last year.

Is the open-world RPG more likely to be the Wii U MMO?

Doubt it. The MMO would be a port of Old Republic if anything. They would not make a entirely new from the ground up Star Wars MMO that would compete with the current one out there.

The open world game is probably Star Wars 1313, then we have the X-Wing reboot and then a Republic Commando reboot.

KyleKatarn.jpg

Oh yeah!!

SykoTech

So this is what Geoff was hyping up then?

Well he's delivered a few times now and I'd love a good Star Wars game after all the disappointments this gen. Hype slightly increased. I just hope it's not CG. Something in-game please like with Battle Royale and The Last of Us.

Will probably be CG though, knowing LucasArts. :/

So this is what Geoff was hyping up then?

Well he's delivered a few times now and I'd love a good Star Wars game after all the disappointments this gen. Hype slightly increased. I just hope it's not CG. Something in-game please like with Battle Royale and The Last of Us.

Will probably be CG though, knowing LucasArts. :/

Geoff said on Twitter there will be gameplay.

No Force Unleashed 3 then?

Pretty sure that got canned.

El-Suave

If it's not platform holder press conference worthy, then it won't be that exciting. I would guess they'd all want a secret, epic Star Wars game playable at their show.

Top Bottom