• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At E3 Spike is partnering with LucasArts to unveil an epic new Star Wars franchise

people still get excited for star wars games? there hasn't been a good one since Rogue Squadron.

i still remember the press FLIPPING THEIR SHIT over the CG movies for Old Republic, that showed nothing in terms of gameplay.

i miss factor 5.

Levyne

Banned
people still get excited for star wars games? there hasn't been a good one since Rogue Squadron.

i still remember the press FLIPPING THEIR SHIT over the CG movies for Old Republic, that showed nothing in terms of gameplay.

i miss factor 5.

Since Rogue Squadron, I've liked Jedi Outcast, Knights of the Old Republic, Battlefront 1 and 2, Republic Commando, and Empire at War. Not to mention the other Rogue Sqaudron games. You didn't like any of those?

Even Starfighter/Jedi Starfighter were fun enough.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just thought of something. If this is a Boba Fett game and it does come to the Wii U, I can imagine one nice use for the touchscreen controller :)

I2sAS.jpg

Comet

After recently watching George Lucas vs. The People, I'm even more interested in a new Star Wars franchise. Since the recent movies haven't provided a decent Star Wars fix, I've had to go to games over and over again. From KotoR, to Rogue Squadron, to Jedi Power Battles (lol), to the side scrolling SNES games, Star Wars games have had a ton of potential for me. Here's hoping this one is decent and tries to do something new. If it's a FPS/motion gaming/racing game, I'm out.

edit - if Geoff is reading this: do whatever is necessary to get that Gravity Rush review out. GT is just about the only place I go for reviews now. Sincerely, fan.

TCRS

Banned
New Franchise? No Kotor 3, Battlefront 3, Jedi Knight 4 or new Rogue Squadron? Disappointment and lots of heartache incoming.

Levyne

Banned
New Franchise? No Kotor 3, Battlefront 3, Jedi Knight 4 or new Rogue Squadron? Disappointment and lots of heartache incoming.

That's what I was thinking what are the most recent "new" ones? Kinect, Unleashed, and some wii games? I'd rather see battlefront, x-wing, rogue sqaudron, etc.

Sentenza

Just thought of something. If this is a Boba Fett game and it does come to the Wii U, I can imagine one nice use for the touchscreen controller :)

I2sAS.jpg

iQECjboVwdXTF.gif

That's nice and all, but let's hope for something entirely different, possibly not related to a single platform exclusive.

GDGF

Soothsayer
http://i.minus.com/iQECjboVwdXTF.gif[IMG]

That's nice and all, but let's hope for something entirely different, possibly not related to a single platform exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Well, if it's as I called it, it's not like 360 and PS3 versions couldn't emulate those features through menus and whatnot. The core game would be the same.

It'd be a nice bit of fan service for Wii U owners though :)

Why can't LucasArts just do a spiritual successor to the Jedi Knight series? Or at least make a game that takes advantage of the free marketing boost the Wiimote and PSMove controller would have provided? The people who greenlight projects over there are pretty much brain dead.

Thrawn Trilogy with good old KOTOR gameplay.

GIVE IT TO ME
Haha, now that's an awe-inspiringly amazing idea.

But clearly, one that I should resent you for mentioning - it would be so hard to do and niche that it's unquestionably never going to happen.

I'd be happy if Bioware or Lucasarts just returned to the original KotOR formula some time. Not that that's ever going to happen either, those games were way too slow and un-visceral and un-cool to make it to retail this gen.

Edit: The neogaf hivemind is really set on it being a sequel? C'mon, at least a new IP would be... new. Gaming is sorely lacking in newness.

Why can't LucasArts just do a spiritual successor to the Jedi Knight series? Or at least make a game that takes advantage of the free marketing boost the Wiimote and PSMove controller would have provided? The people who greenlight projects over there are pretty much brain dead.

Nintendo: The Wii has motion controls!
Everyone: LIGHTSABER GAME PLZ
LucasArts: Here you go, subpar port of Force Unleashed and mediocre Clone Wars duelling game.
Ubisoft: This is how it's done: Red Steel 2.
LucasArts: RS2 sold 10 copies. Here's Force Unleashed 2!

I find it appalling that the best swordplay games on the Wii were Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword.

Tuck

Does / can LucasArts make anything besides Star Wars?

It seems like the whole company survives off one franchise.

WillyFive

Last of Us looks freaking brilliant.

I don't get the hate over the teases for that one.

If you're not familiar with Naughty Dog's work, there's very little for people to get excited about (or even find interesting) about the teasers. You have to know what you're getting in order to enjoy those cutscenes.

monome

New franchise in the universe...
No battlefront, no old republic, no x wing etc...

Bobba fet feets the deal.

Or it could be officially sanctionned post Return of the Jedi stuff.

Lucas has shown he cares not a shit for canon so Mara Jade, Ben Skywalker or Jacen Solo should leave this planet juqt in case he decides on a new take on events post Vader death.

i dig Clone wars cartoons so SW is not dead to me but fufufufufu Geoff is a tough b#%&# and he says it delivers.
I m optimistic but I definitely see SW as creatively bankrupt since the end of the Heir of the Empire trilogy.
White power...never forget that shit people, like Lucas hasn t gear of KKK...so much shit with Luke "previous" mother...

Alebrije

Epic just if it is as NOTOR or if they make a game about a new whole era of the SW universe with new characters.

Imagine a Boba Fett open world bounty hunter game in the style of Red Dead Redemption? Wow.

Fuck! I was just thinking to myself, imagine an open world Star Wars...Even if it didn't have us playing as Fett, just IMAGINE if it worked. Like you said, in the style of RDR. That would be...incre-oh gawddd!!!!
69ae5c63769a.gif

New franchise in the universe...
No battlefront, no old republic, no x wing etc...

It could still be say x-wing. It says new franchise, not necessarily new ip. Bringing back something with the aim to kill it over 4 or so games across 10 platforms is more than possible.

If not an open world Clint Hocking game I will settle for a franchise based on Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing. Imagine they could take the cute super deformed Star Wars crew and use them for a series of games based on various sports and activities.

Star_Wars_Super_Bombad_Racing_boxart.jpg

Could make use of Kinect/Move too.

antonz

I still hope its not Boba Fett: The Game. Bounty Hunter sucked and Boba Fett is an uninteresting character that fanboys elevated way beyond any real coolness factor

Top Bottom