• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At E3 Spike is partnering with LucasArts to unveil an epic new Star Wars franchise

I'm really hoping it's Hocking's game and I hope it's the open world RPG one :D

The timing would fit. He joined in 2010 and the game was already underway at that point. I really want to see what he could bring to the Star Wars table.

Well you were the first to unveil Force Unleashed 2 and that game turned out to be hot garbage.

Reveal delivering is not the same as the final product delivering. You never know if a game is great when you see it in a preview context. You can get an idea, but you never know.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's why Prey 2 got pushed back. They didn't want to compete with the Star Wars name in a open world Bounty Hunter game that they're obviously making/

Pociask

LucasArts fans: "Please, bring back your beloved old franchises!"

LucasArts: "We're making a new game! It has a bold vision!"

Fans: "Yes!"

LucasArts: "Based on the success of our hit game, Star Wars Kinect, we're proud to announce the newest Star Wars Franchise: Jar-Jar Dance Off!"

Geoff Keighley: "MY JAW IS HITTING THE FLOOR!"

Derrick01

Banned
Well you were the first to unveil Force Unleashed 2 and that game turned out to be hot garbage.

That game ended up running into development hell. Lucasarts fired like half the team midway through development and I think the game's director either left or was let go too. FU1 was a solid game and I believe if 2 wasn't interfered with it would have been better than the 4 hour POS that it was.

Boogdud

Any chance of an actual Star Wars game based on the first 3 movies or the timeframe thereabouts?

Still waiting for a tie fighter sequel.

Sojgat

I wish it could be something slightly original, in a corner of the Star Wars universe that hasn't been ruined yet, something along the lines of Star Wars Legacy or Dark Empire. I fully expect total crap at this point though.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Not Battlefront 3 or new Pod-Racer?

Not interested.

A new Podracer game would be awesome. The N64 one was damned good fun but suffered from some framerate issues. Modern tech and stable framerate would make that an amazing title.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Hope this is one of their Wii U projects.

I wouldn't mind if it's multiplat (so if it's good all SW fans can share in the love) but something built from the ground up for the Wii U would be great too :)

B.O.O.M

I wonder why Geoff bothers picking up his jaw from the floor...it's ALWAYS on the floor with every game reveal he does

There's going to be a lot of disappointed old people when it's revealed to be a Clone Wars game.

Not if it's this Clone Wars:

muunilinst_10.png

Oppo

They've licensed the Infamous engine from Sucker Punch, and will be releasing a reskinned game called Emperor Chronicles. Follow the young Palpatine up through his career. Jump and run buttons replaced with cackle and taunt abilities, and mini games where you threaten and cajole the council are interspersed.

I love to dream big so this is clearly:

RAVEN SOFT and LUCAS ARTS present JEDI KNIGHT 4: KATARN IS BACK TO SLICE SOME BITCHES.

Pretty sure it would be Jedi Knight 5 i think...

Dark Forces, Dark Forces 2, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy :p

The naming conventions are kinda silly i know since outcast is "technically" JK2

BD1

Banned
Can someone who knows the expanded Star Wars stuff tell me what the connection is between Boba Fett and 1313?

Still hoping for a new Rogue Squadron, though...

Fabrik

Banned
This wasn't very good right?

557901_front.jpg

Hey I'm now a member! What is the condition to go from junior to member?
And why some members have a phrase under their username?

ElFly

Sarlacc Prime

Boba Fett escapes from the Sarlacc but has lost all his armor powerups, and has to recover them from tattoiine.

Taker666

Hope this is one of their Wii U projects.

I wouldn't mind if it's multiplat (so if it's good all SW fans can share in the love) but something built from the ground up for the Wii U would be great too :)

I'm not convinced there is a Wii U project. That rumour seemed to come from them listing an MMO on their E3 floor plan..

...but after a quick look it appears Lucasarts are also listing an MMO for pretty much every platform...

..including phones, Kinect, Vita..... and even the PSP. ..which seems highly unlikely.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Whatever it is I hope its base is firmly planted in the mythos of the original trilogy. I'd love to see the Star Wars universe I grew up with realized with today's technology.

I'm not convinced there is a Wii U project. That rumour seemed to come from them listing an MMO on their E3 floor plan..

...but after a quick look it appears Lucasarts are also listing an MMO for pretty much every platform...

..including phones, Kinect, Vita..... and even the PSP. ..which seems highly unlikely.

I would hope that the higher ups at Lucasarts realize that there is much money to be made in launch window software. Especially considering the games can be easily ported across consoles now.

Know in a few days, we will! ;)

Top Bottom