• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At least 8 dead in ‘mass casualty event’ at Travis Scott Astroworld concert

Ionian

Concerts get out of control that’s expected to me if you’re Travis you forget this ever happened and move on, security guards can’t be heroes all of a sudden.

Did you bother watching all the vids? The crowd overwhelmed them.

At this stage it is repeatedly pointing out the obvious. Kinda like doing a childs homework for them.

Why is a problem for people to not read the examples in this very thread?

Made me put on this song;

Raven117

I've avoided a potential crowd surge by reading the room and being aware of my surroundings. There was a huge surge (No one hurt to my knowledge) and as I had mentally planned my exit routes I just moved there, even though it lost my hour and a half queuing time I'd gained up to that point. scary shit.
Yeah, its this. Even if you are "early" to a concert, you really need to be aware of what is happening. We are herd animals, you know damn well when things aren't right. You can feel it in your spine.

So he stops the show. Can see the ambulance in the crowd. And then proceeds to start the show again despite there being an obvious emergency in the crowd.

Yeah this guy needs to be sued into the ground.

Yup. Its this exchange right there that will get himself personally sued "to the ground."
Yeah no. This is nowhere near that simple. There was a distinct failure across the board from the artist, the security, the venue, the authorities, and the medical personnel. There is definitely gonna be money thrown, but it is going to be coming from a variety of directions.

This level of incompetence and negligence is criminal.
Yup. I think it might be.

This whole thing is absolutely tragic. (And mixed in with some of the weird occult imagery....yuck...the whole thing is even worse than it already is).

Yall be safe out there. Overall, there seems to be a level of craziness that is increasing. Maybe its because of two years of couped up Covid. I don't know.

Alebrije

Travis or his team will write a song about what happened and get money from this tragedy...this is how low humanity this guy has.

MachRc

I get monney money money,
while jiggas be stepping on these honeys honeys
To see ma face lit up on they phone screen!
Hear them bitches and they friends scream...[in reality and in my dreamz(autotune)]

I still see these bitches dying in my dreams,
..cant be hating cuz I get them dolla bills and them blings..
In reality and all up in my dreamz(Higher octave auto tune)
I get those greens and money and everything...uh

follow me in to the sea...uh
you killers, murderers and thieves
into the sea of my dreamz, where jiggas be stepping on these..

Honey Honeys, get them money money(auto tune)
I still see all these bitches dying in my dreams..

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
I wonder how much responsibility is on the artist? They are there focused on entertaining not to look for people in trouble. But I don't know, I never been on stage. I'm sure Travis has plenty of experience and seen lots of shit go down at concerts.

Shouldn't there be someone behind the stage checking for this crap and then letting the artist know to pull the plug?

Alebrije

crying-money.gif

daveonezero

Banned
I didn’t pay much attention to this till I heard about it possibly being just medical emergency and not trampling.

clearly the artist and anyone from the venue could see the EMS trying to get into the crowd and the show continuing.

the venue should have cut the artist mic and directed traffic from the stage.

Well meaning artists wouldn’t have had to have other people step in in that situation. You can clearly hear the crowd is in distress.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I'm pretty sure he thought that ambulance was a cop car... then realized it was an ambulance. Hence the middle finger thing, then he changed it to "2 hands in the air."

Dumb as fuck, and he's screwed either way.

Umbasaborne

Banned
It's okay, Era says it's nobody's fault but the cops (they don't need), security, and the paramedics.
Hey now, dont you know its anti black to lay the blame at the feet of the one person with the microphone and everyones attention who could have stopped this? Tired of this thinly veiled racism smh

…/s

they are morons who live in their own bubble at that cess pool. Ignore them and move on

TylerD

I saw the Linkin Park clip of them stopping their concert to tell the crowd to pick up a downed person and to remind them to care.

I miss Chester.

I saw Linkin Park, Coheed and Cambria and Saliva in Box seats at the arena where the Thunder play in Oklahoma City. That was a fun show.

There's lots of artists that give a shit about their fan's safety and wellbeing. Here's Avenged Sevenfold at Graspop in 2018 stopping the show when Matt noticed someone knocked out. I'm unabashedly a huge fan of that band still even at 38 LOL.

levyjl1988

Banned
If this was the middle east body parts would be raining in the air, crowds like these are a talibans wet dream. Such a perfect place for a suicide bomber to go in or like the Las Vegas shooting.

This is why I always avoid crowds. There’s too many fucked up people in the world. Anything can happen and with it being so dense and packed people can cause all sorts of atrocity like injecting poison etc. People are sick in a sick world in a sick society.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
If this was the middle east body parts would be raining in the air, crowds like these are a talibans wet dream. Such a perfect place for a suicide bomber to go in or like the Las Vegas shooting.

This is why I always avoid crowds. There’s too many fucked up people in the world. Anything can happen and with it being so dense and packed people can cause all sorts of atrocity like injecting poison etc. People are sick in a sick world in a sick society.

Hey, you were the guy taking shots out of women's cleavage and doing the nude cannon ball into the swimming pool from the roof at the block party, yeah? I'd recognize that fun, well socially adjusted attitude anywhere, you fucking prankster.

badblue

Gold Member
This is Spotify right now.

image.png

image.png

Has been since Friday.

Why make him the cover and put him at the top? Is it a promo deal? I have no clue.

How To Block an Artist on Spotify

With Spotify, you have the freedom to mute artist that you’re not interested in. Spotify Algorithm will recognise this action and won’t suggest this artist in the future. You must note that the mobile app is the only platform you can mute an artist. You cannot mute artist on the desktop app. However, any artist you mute on the mobile app will appear muted whenever you are on the desktop app.

You won’t be able to see muted artist’s songs but whenever there is a song release done by another artist with them, you’ll still see such songs.

Top Bottom