• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Community Thread: Successfully synthesized a Barrel!

Arthea

I've had Rorona Plus crash on me a few times, though only when loading a save. Happened after a few days of playing without turning the system off/closing the game. A bit disappointing, but thankfully I never lost progress due to it.

Vanilla used to crash on me all the time with a lot of progress loss too, I'm glad that plus exists for that reason alone.

LuuKyK

Some new scans are out showing off a new character called Leon. Looks pretty awesome, reminds me of a Valkyrie. I have to say that I am loving the character design for this new trilogy (or whatever its gonna end up being). I love the past artists that worked on the series, but its good to change sometimes.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wait

wait wait wait wait

WAIT

WAIT

Sophie is in the Dusk universe then, even if not part of the 'dusk trilogy'?

This changes everything

Dusk story arc possibly redeemed?@#$&?!?!?

edit: I feel like this is old news and I missed it. In other words I feel extremely stupid.

edit2: Obviously I know about the slags in that first batch of screenshots, but I thought they said it wasn't Dusk.

Vylash

the source seems dubious, not to mention its flat out impossible for him to be in, dusk and sophie's world can't possibly be connected

Falk

that puzzling face
What? That's far worse. If that implies that 1) Pamela
and Hagel
are making an appearance in Sophie, and 2) Sophie and Ayesha are in the same universe, that further compounds the sin of Hagel not being in the Dusk trilogy

I am never buying another Atelier game again
unless it has Pamela and Hagel in it

edit: Now I'm having flashbacks of doing that stupid final quest for Gino in Meruru which involved crafting some b-tier weapon with Hagel's help.

Give back Hagel :(

Edit: Some maths

Escha & Logy, Escha is 15, Logy is 18

Shallie takes place 6 (?) years after E&L

'Logy' in Sophie is 24

Either:
1) It's Logy and Sophie takes place concurrently with Shallie and for whatever reason Dusk isn't prevalent in whatever part of the world Sophie is in (and where Logy is from apparently)
2) Time travel
3) Logy is another Linca situation

My head hurts

4) it's just a cameo and he's the new Hagel

Vylash

as much of a fan I am of Pamela, Hagel is the most important character in Atelier

he should be everywhere
dude imagine hagel showing up in every atelier game because he forced an alchemist from the previous trilogy to make a time travel potion for him in his search for hair

ohlawd

dude imagine hagel showing up in every atelier game because he forced an alchemist from the previous trilogy to make a time travel potion for him in his search for hair

this is so meta

yes, this should be the reason he pops in every Atelier

Falk

that puzzling face
Could be QA. Not unheard of for one localization house to ask another for opinion. And the games do target a very similar userbase.

edit: Actually I doubt any localization for Sophie is in any state nearing completion. Disregard the above.

Yasumi

Banned
Could be QA. Not unheard of for one localization house to ask another for opinion. And the games do target a very similar userbase.

edit: Actually I doubt any localization for Sophie is in any state nearing completion. Disregard the above.
You sure? There aren't many other reasons they'd have another company's unreleased game on their system if there wasn't some amount of localization work happening.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for one localization house to email another and say "hey, could you give us your opinion on some specific parts of the translations of this mostly-done project" really informally. But like I said, I doubt Sophie is anywhere near close to that point, so there may be more going on than that.

0275.jpg

I posted this in the Atelier Sophie thread, but I figured it can be shared here too since this thread seems more active. New Logy everyone. What do you think?

SoldnerKei

he looks younger than he should, or maybe that's just an angle that making it looks so

well, Sterk looks pretty young for an almost 40 y/o lol

but, is he really Logy? his hair looks blond instead of white. I like the desing thou, and I wouldn't mind the familiar faces showing up
Rorona next pls

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Either there's some Kojima-level bullshit going on here or he's the new Hagel.

Bring back Hagel! :mad:

Arthea

Either there's some Kojima-level bullshit going on here or he's the new Hagel.

Bring back Hagel! :mad:

I could get behind him replacing Hagel, don't understand why you all so attached to Hagel anyway.

well, Sterk looks pretty young for an almost 40 y/o lol

but, is he really Logy? his hair looks blond instead of white. I like the desing thou, and I wouldn't mind the familiar faces showing up
Rorona next pls

IDK, Sterk doesn't look that young
I thought mini Rorona is confirmed, or was it a joke?

Li Kao

Hmm, so after my first run through Rorona a few months back I put some hours into Totori and... please tell me this is the bad episode people mention when speaking about the trilogy ( ' T_T)

I don't know, it absolutely doesn't click. Several hours in and there is no plot at all. The time limit having morphed from a rigid one that helped structure the pace of the first game has morphed into a shapeless thing that I find way more difficult to internalize, and the cast while having some good characters is not stellar either.
I mean, I'm playing and I absolutely don't know if I will make it to the normal ending. And where are all the quality of life little details Rorona had ? Am I to fucking guess what ingredients come into the making of a piece of equipment for example ?

For the time being, I'm pretty let down. It's not an abyssal experience in any way, but it feels more like a generic sequel without that special something than anything.

Falk

that puzzling face
The plot only starts coming together at the halfway point when you
build the ship
. But boy is the payoff worth it.

Prior to that it's pretty much "open world Atelier", which I actually found refreshing at the time.

Shallie kinda feels like that too, but with even less form, since there's no time limit gluing the narrative together and moving things forward.

Falk

that puzzling face
I may be unfairly biased against the Dusk games because of the horribly frigid 3D animation failing to convey the same level of humor and narrative, but yeeeesh.

Something like this:

Meruru (town building was a fun presentation)
Escha (refilling items was a great idea)
New Rorona (gameplay is more Meruru, R1 and L1 for fast travel and quest info (IIRC) was really smart and better than start and select)
Ayesha
Totori (maybe it will go higher if I replay it more, it was the first I finished but going back to it on Vita was dreary)
Shallie
Rorona

Top Bottom