• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces "Persona Special Stage" for TGS 2015

PV02 was leaked a few hours after the official release of the game. People with early copies teased it a bit, but once the game actually came out it was up pretty fast.

artsi

As someone who bought DAN and got the PV02, it took about a day or so for the trailer to leak online, and about two days to find it reliably.

It was very soon after release but still I consider it quite long time as no one (retailers or other people who got it early) dared to upload it before release, despite a lot of people waiting for it. It's not really a leak after it was released anyway, as anyone could have got it from the store.

Setsu00

I'm getting sick of knowing EVERYTHING of every game nowadays , months before release.

I love what FF15 and Persona 5 are doing, which is guaranteed to have great quality, yet keep you in the dark.

That being said, I am not confident for 2015 US release.

And Europe can to go hell since it's Atlus.

Final Fantasy XV currently does a great job at spoiling almost everything by showing tons of in progress footage. There was almost nothing left to discover in Episode Duscae by the time it finally came out because everything was spoiled during the ATRs.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Final Fantasy XV currently does a great job at spoiling almost everything by showing tons of in progress footage. There was almost nothing left to discover in Episode Duscae by the time it finally came out because everything was spoiled during the ATRs.

Yeah, and I have a feeling it will be the same for the final release. I prefer Atlus and their silence.

Yeah, and I have a feeling it will be the same for the final release. I prefer Atlus and their silence.

I also did like what Sony/From Software did with Bloodborne, they mainly showed Central Yharnam and I think that was a great move.

But you gotta be Kojima these days and spoil every cutscene to show how cool your game is.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I also did like what Sony/From Software did with Bloodborne, they mainly showed Central Yharnam and I think that was a great move.

But you gotta be Kojima these days and spoil every cutscene to show how cool your game is.

Even then, Kojima showed something in between long stretches, not every few weeks like FF15 is doing.

Even then, Kojima showed something in between long stretches, not every few weeks like FF15 is doing.

I gotta admit, I don't feel spoiled at all from FFXV. Maybe you seeing things different regarding Final Fantasy games. Also, I bet FFXV will at least have double the amount of cutscenes MGSV has.

I have the feeling that they didn't showed as much as Kojima did with his 4 5-9 minutes Story trailers.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't think that's possible at this point. If it were coming out before December and it hasn't been announced by now, it would have leaked from retailers anyway. You can't ship into retail without getting retailer orders at least 2-3 months in advance. If it hasn't been delayed to 2016, then it's probably coming out mid-December earliest.

Pretty much this.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I gotta admit, I don't feel spoiled at all from FFXV. Maybe you seeing things different regarding Final Fantasy games. Also, I bet FFXV will at least have double the amount of cutscenes MGSV has.

I have the feeling that they didn't showed as much as Kojima did with his 4 5-9 minutes Story trailers.

Well, like Setsu said, they spoiled the entire demo before it even came out. Quite a shame considering demos are meant to be discovered by the players.

Redx508

I'm getting sick of knowing EVERYTHING of every game nowadays , months before release.

I love what FF15 and Persona 5 are doing, which is guaranteed to have great quality, yet keep you in the dark.

That being said, I am not confident for 2015 US release.

And Europe can to go hell since it's Atlus.

FF15 guaranteed to have great quality

yea about that

Well, like Setsu said, they spoiled the entire demo before it even came out. Quite a shame considering demos are meant to be discovered by the players.

Yeah, that was BS. But we didn't get a good look on other areas. Episode Duscae will be annoying to replay when the game is out, but I think there is a lot more to experience when the game is out, that we didn't see in the trailers.

Maybe it's just me, but it's easier for me to avoid Final Fantasy trailers, but I love them nearly as much as the MGS franchise, but I can't avoid those trailers.

Edit: Sorry for derailing with FFXV.

Curufinwe

I don't think that's possible at this point. If it were coming out before December and it hasn't been announced by now, it would have leaked from retailers anyway. You can't ship into retail without getting retailer orders at least 2-3 months in advance. If it hasn't been delayed to 2016, then it's probably coming out mid-December earliest.

I'm still clinging to the idea of the release date being 12-8-15, the seven year anniversary of P4's American release.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is this a Persona thread?

We're discussing the difference in ways Atlus vs. other companies have handled their marketing. In regards to Persona 5, the silence just makes each reveal that more anticipated - further boosted by the first reveals being really great.

Verder

Did the arena Ultimax 2.0 update ever come?
Or are we just getting a arena 3

Can never have too much p4

Kozmos

I'm the type of person who wishes they could go on a media blackout, but lacks the self control to do so, so I appreciate Atlus doing the hard work for me. =)

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
The silence is infuriating, but it is also exhilarating.

I mean, they've got me where they want me

Demo aside, I don't actually feel like we've seen that much of XV. Pretty much all their marketing has been focused on Duscae, but since we have to pretty much disregard all pre Duscae trailers and footage, a lot of that game still feels like an unknown.

Obviously we know more about it than P5, seeing as we've actually been able to play a bit it of it, and they've been constantly talking about it. though.

Bousf

God I remember that I initially thought we would get EVERY FRAME of PV02 in screenshots!! Twitter was flooded with them but no video xD

Will we witness PV03 on Saturday?? :O
Also, by Persona standards, we must know a bit over half of the main cast right? I'm expecting 6-7 party members, hopefully.

Also, FFXV has barely leaked anything story-wise for now, but it's SE so get ready for it. If you want to avoid getting spoiled, media blackout is the way to go with it, I'd say.

Setsu00

God I remember that I initially thought we would get EVERY FRAME of PV02 in screenshots!! Twitter was flooded with them but no video xD

Will we witness PV03 on Saturday?? :O
Also, by Persona standards, we must know a bit over half of the main cast right? I'm expecting 6-7 party members, hopefully.

Also, FFXV has barely leaked anything story-wise for now, but it's SE so get ready for it. If you want to avoid getting spoiled, media blackout is the way to go with it, I'd say.

We didn't get every frame I believe, but everything noteworthy.

Also I'm not really sure about the amount of characters we're going to have this time. They seem to be pushing Ryuji, Anzu and Morgana quite a bit, but they might also just keep them secret.

FFXV leaked a summary of its entire prologue during the penultimate ATR. Atlus's silence regarding P5 comes off as confidence to me (like they already know that they're on the right track), while the FFXV seems to be constantly asking for validation.

N30RYU

I have the hype on my every time I look my cell...

4MwrSqT.jpg

-GJ-

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/644214285279719424

およ…? 今晩、17日の20時からペルソナのニコ生が放送されるみたいクマ!しかも、全国に妙な手配書が貼り出されてるみたい。ムムム……一体何が始まるクマか!? とにかく、皆で見るクマ!

Lousy Google Translate translation:
The Hoyo ...? Tonight, like a bear Nico raw persona from 20:00 on the 17th will be broadcast! Moreover, like has been De-sa Hari strange Bounties nationwide. Mumumu ...... heck what begins bear! ? Anyway, I bear to see everyone!

zCLE3mN.jpg

Not entirely sure what that means, haha, but at least we got some new artwork out of it.

FluxWaveZ

Not entirely sure what that means, haha, but at least we got some new artwork out of it.

Better translation:
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/644215470371958784

"So, everyone. It seems something beary unexpected is happening. Is it tomorrow or as well as the weekdays? So, did you all get some rest? I want to get some rest, but I'm in charge."
translated by MysticDistance

WHAT IS THIS?

It's probably just them being coy about the fact that the "Hunt for Phantom Thieves" campaign is starting along with the Persona Channel broadcast.

-GJ-

Better translation:

It's probably just them being coy about the fact that the "Hunt for Phantom Thieves" campaign is starting along with the Persona Channel broadcast.

Oh damn. I didn't see that. My bad. At least the artwork wasn't posted here, I think.

edit: Nevermind, that's a different thread. I need some sleep.

artsi

Better translation:

That one is a different post.

This one says:

"Eh...? Tonight, on the 17th, from 20:00 forward the Persona NicoNico stream will begin broadcasting!
In addition, looks like strange wanted posters have gone up all over the country. Mumumu.

Now what the heck is happening? Anyway, let's all watch!"

FluxWaveZ

Oh damn. I didn't see that. My bad. At least the artwork wasn't posted here, I think.

edit: Nevermind, that's a different thread. I need some sleep.

That's one is a different post.

This one says:

"Eh...? Tonight, on 17th, from 20:00 forward the Persona NicoNico stream will begin broadcasting!
In addition, looks like strange wanted posters have gone up all over the country. Mumumu.

Now what the heck is happening? Anyway, let's all watch!"

Oh wow, turns out I'm the one who needs sleep, heh. What I was saying was about what artsi posted; the other one is indeed a separate tweet (though, might still be referring to the same thing).

Gbraga

God, people will have to find wanted posters and report them with that QR code until the 19th to unlock the trailer, won't they?

Bousf

So should we expect anything substantial from tomorrow's stream? Also, will The Grim returm for the countdown?

Bousf

So in short: the Persona special event on the 19th, right?

(sorry for not quoting I'm on phone and it's a tad tedious, thank you both for your information ^^)

artsi

Oh wow, turns out I'm the one who needs sleep, heh. What I was saying was about what artsi posted; the other one is indeed a separate tweet (though, might still be referring to the same thing).

We all need good sleep, lol.

I'm going to wake up when the trolling starts and not sleep again until I know when P5 is going to release.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Unless it gets announced over the next few days
If they release it as Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Extend, a $40 non-DLC update as customary for ASW, I would be annoyed but would buy it regardless. Not going to lie here.

We're discussing the difference in ways Atlus vs. other companies have handled their marketing. In regards to Persona 5, the silence just makes each reveal that more anticipated - further boosted by the first reveals being really great.

This is true. However I really feel like they (P5) should of had an E3 trailer just for exposure. One extra trailer is not going to hurt a 70 hour jrpg.

FFXV is frustrating in that there is very little actually being revealed despite frequent events, however I still think we are getting starved. Starved for that 1 5 minute trailer that will just sell the game like Versus did : a great mix of varied gameplay and captivating story sequences.

Top Bottom