• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces "Persona Special Stage" for TGS 2015

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This is true. However I really feel like they (P5) should of had an E3 trailer just for exposure. One extra trailer is not going to hurt a 70 hour jrpg.

FFXV is frustrating in that there is very little actually being revealed despite frequent events, however I still think we are getting starved. Starved for that 1 5 minute trailer that will just sell the game like Versus did : a great mix of varied gameplay and captivating story sequences.

Persona 5 was at E3 in signage and giveaways but yeah they should have at least published the trailer they had on that blu-ray for the show. Missed chance for sure.

And you're right about XV too. They spend too much time saying a whole lot of nothing.

Both P5 and FFXV have had such strange marketing and vastly different marketing that I can't help but be kind of fascinated by both of the approaches.

I get what Square is trying to do with XV, when a game has been in development for that long I totally understand wanting to convince people that you're hard at work on it. Thing is, they keep putting the game in front of people without saying or showing a whole lot which just makes the game look worse.

At the same time I think the ATR is an interesting idea. I think the execution has been weak but it has a lot of potential as a method of showing a games growth throughout it's development. That kind of insight isn't really something you see and I think being more open with the development process is a cool idea.

P5's marketing has been strange because it's so different from most video game marketing, a game being around 3 months from it's release date with very little information actually out there is kind of crazy. Personally I prefer it, not only because it's refreshing but also because it's nice to go into a game without really knowing what to expect.

I also think the use of livestreams is brilliant. It results in Atlus having eyes on them for a couple of days, plus the hours of nothing mean that an actual reveal gets a bigger reaction than you would get from just publishing a trailer.

The only thing with P5 that felt like a real misstep was not having anything new for E3. But overall I think it's been an odd and interesting ride and I think it'll pay off for them in the long run. I'm also interested to see how FFXV marketing will shift when that approaches it's release date.

N30RYU

The SCEJA conference presentation intro video had new footage of the game or was it from the PV2 trailer?

Nachos

Any particular importance to the "mumumu"? Does it necessarily stand out as a speech tick, like how Japanese Teddie attaches "kuma" to his sentences?

Holmes

And you're right about XV too. They spend too much time saying a whole lot of nothing.
I think that's fine, though. The ATR's at least demonstrate that the FFXV team is interested in reaching out to fans and those who are waiting for the game. I think the frequent updates have just spoiled people though and they just want more, more, more now.

Lynx_7

I always see a lot of people complaining about Atlus not showing anything at E3, but does it really matter that much? I'm not sure the public would care too much as it's just not the kind of game that most mainstream gamers give a shit about. Also, considering the amounts of megatons we had this year, P5 would likely go unnoticed.
Like every other Persona game since 3, this one will sell on word of mouth and maybe some good reviews. I can understand people wanting the series to become more popular, but I don't believe skipping an E3 will have that big of an impact on the game's popularity either way.

FluxWaveZ

CPEAZPjVAAAL1vG.jpg:orig
https://twitter.com/Atlus_jp/status/644296656700076032

Nachos

So is this thread going to be used for countdown discussion after it launches, or will someone be posting a separate thread afterwards?

so since the game is apparently still coming out this year, what month are you guys thinking? I'm betting on early December.

Maybe late November for Japan, December for US? I dunno, that still seems kinda soon for Japan. At this point I'm wondering if a simultaneous release is a possibility? I don't think it's the norm for Atlus but they've waited so long and there's only so much time left in 2015.

It would be cool if Sony provided the conference in the PSN store in the United States. I know the obvious arguments against that but a little free promotion never hurts.

Resilient

I'm getting sick of knowing EVERYTHING of every game nowadays , months before release.

I love what FF15 and Persona 5 are doing, which is guaranteed to have great quality, yet keep you in the dark.

That being said, I am not confident for 2015 US release.

And Europe can to go hell since it's Atlus.

this is why nobody gives a shit when something gets delayed in the US. saved.

so since the game is apparently still coming out this year, what month are you guys thinking? I'm betting on early December.
For US...
only late november and december is possible. Releasing anytime after Christmas could make the game be DOA. Also I think anytime after Black Friday spells trouble for this game. It will probably be the only full priced non discounted title on shelves and have low quantity no advertisement. Might as well wait until February 2016. Plus there will be more PS4s then.

K.Sabot

Best case scenario: release date, hands on impressions, live demo event

What I expect: pv 3

worst case scenario: pv 2

Nachos

Nah, I'm just going to go with Atlus' official stream event logo at the top.

Hm.

Well, I don't mind either way, though I'm not gonna be doing it.
I wouldn't mind volunteering for that, but I'm gonna need to go to sleep soon. I could make some tomorrow afternoon, though, if you can let me know how you'll be sectioning the post.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
For US...
only late november and december is possible. Releasing anytime after Christmas could make the game be DOA. Also I think anytime after Black Friday spells trouble for this game. It will probably be the only full priced non discounted title on shelves and have low quantity no advertisement. Might as well wait until February 2016. Plus there will be more PS4s then.

I'm pretty sure P4 released in December in 2008 and did just fine.

Yeah I wish Atlus would have used PV2 during E3 instead of locking it down as a preorder for a Dancing game. Missed opportunity right there.
I secretly wished Persona 4 Golden was a Plus freebie to attraction more attention for P5 but whatever

nah man... don't get the hype. 2016. But I would say November.

oh no, i in no way believe that its going to come out this year even though Atlus keeps insisting its coming out this year, but I'm speaking that if hypothetically that they're not bullshitting, what time do you think it would come out

labx

Banned
oh no, i in no way believe that its going to come out this year even though Atlus keeps insisting its coming out this year, but I'm speaking that if hypothetically that they're not bullshitting, what time do you think it would come out

November for sure, if its true.

Mid november for Japan, late december for the US

yami4ct

For US...

P5 isn't the type of game that would get a huge holiday push/bump anyway. It could release post-Christmas and do just as well. I don't think it will (I'm thinking December 15th or 22st are the most likely dates), but they very well could go for a 29th date with little impact.

Those are US dates I'm talking, too. I'll bet on a November date in Japan. Not sure exactly when in November, but that seems most likely.

For US...

If you want a good JRPG it doesn't matter when it comes out. It's not like choosing between FPS A or B.

artsi

Any particular importance to the "mumumu"? Does it necessarily stand out as a speech tick, like how Japanese Teddie attaches "kuma" to his sentences?

Nah, it's just Teddie's Japanese thing.

Will we get the Persona 5 information today or in 2 days? I'm a bit confused now.

The stream will start in less than 3 hours, but the P5 megatons should come saturday.

I'm going over to team 2016. Seems to late to release this game this year, specially in NA. I'll live if they delay it, of course if they don't and it releases in 2015. Then fuck it I'll be playing it Day 1.

Mendrox

Man they said the game will release this year so trust them a bit guys. Atllus only disappoints Europe but I don't give a Shit because they don't localize their games in any other language other than English so I will import. People act like it's their first persona game release

Bousf

I dreamed about P5 tonight!! There was a new trailer and it showed 2 new party members, one of them a man with short red hair, all I know about the other is that it was significantly shorter than the red hair dude, both walking side by side. Gameplay felt flashy but I don't remember anything specific.

Conveniently enough, the trailer ended with English text (lol) saying "Available this holiday" and then the word Every appeared on the screen. Next to it, different words would roll in: I remember theft, storm, step and country (which implied the P5 of my dreams was released WW)

I don't remember a specific date though, just a holiday window for every region......A DREAM ALRIGHT XD
no wonder I was hard when I woke up lol

So we had a long ass trailer and a summer 2016 release date for Japan. What the hell are they going to show during the Persona Special Stage?

Top Bottom