• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan - Fan Made game prototype powered by Unity 3D - PART 2

Setsuna

Oh man. If Volition got ahold of this IP...

why would you want that

in my opinion the best developers for this game would be sucker punch, rocksteady or avalanche studios

all 3 of these developers have created open world games with vertical traversal
2 of these developers have created cities for their games sucker punch and rocksteady
and only one of them have created large bosses for their games sucker punch

weevles

This is pretty cool. The anime lends itself so well to a game, I'm really surprised there is nothing else like this even announced yet.

DMG-01

I've been completely addicted to this game over the past week. I've probably played it for 15+ hrs and I've only managed to beat Normal mode twice. I'm going for Hard now.

By the way, how does Armin's special work? Or does it not?

How is the show anyways?

I like it, but some people complain about the pacing and animation budget last I checked.

tensuke

By the way, how does Armin's special work? Or does it not?

Armin does a little dance, if you do it in front of a titan they'll stop and laugh at him, giving you time to go around them for an attack. Also, it's technically an attack if you can angle it right, but it's easier to make them laugh. In previous versions (I don't know if it's been fixed) you can use it on a titan you just killed, which makes them get back up and laugh, and then they just stand there because they're technically dead. Kinda funny glitch.

Has anyone suggested designing something like this around the new Steam Controller, since it would let you control two crosshairs independently? That would be kind of awesome, right?

DMG-01

New update today. Jean and Marco playable. And a new map, the Giant Forest. Marco's special is a taunt to attract the attention of surrounding titans (only good for MP, I'd guess). Jean doesn't have a special, but he uses less gas and has a 1 time chance to escape a titan's grip, which is just so broken it's crazy from my experience.

Y51lbqH.jpg

(Jean is OP.)

Armin does a little dance, if you do it in front of a titan they'll stop and laugh at him, giving you time to go around them for an attack. Also, it's technically an attack if you can angle it right, but it's easier to make them laugh. In previous versions (I don't know if it's been fixed) you can use it on a titan you just killed, which makes them get back up and laugh, and then they just stand there because they're technically dead. Kinda funny glitch.

That's actually pretty cool. I've since played with him some more and he might be my favorite character now. Well, second only to Jean.

tensuke

Well the new update is live. This is amazing. Feng added FoV, shaders, new textures, redid the town walls, camera tilt when you use the maneuver gear, stomps for the Titans, and best of all...Eren! His special takes a long time to charge, but it lets you go titan for a short bit, which is fun as hell. You can also choose the titan as a character and you stay in that form the whole time. It's super OP mode, but it's incredibly fun.

Edit: A few other things, there are aberrants that crawl on the ground and jump at you, and there's now private/public servers and a server browser for multiplayer. Haven't tried mp yet so don't know how good the new netcode is.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Badass! As always real glad to see the creator constantly updating this game. With all the exposure hes gotten all over the internet dont see how he could not resist haha.

tensuke

You can blind them too (temporarily)! Just hit 'em in the eyes and they'll cry in pain for a few seconds, great for when you're speeding towards them and they turn towards you, making you run into their face. Haven't been able to join any public servers yet though.

tensuke

Now I'm waiting for someone to re-enact different scenes online, with the original audio even. Specifically
Titan Eren saving Mikasa for the first time
. There's a whole bunch of scenes that could be recreated with all the characters and Titan Eren. :3

Dragoshi1

Guys, is there a way to "reinstall" the game, somehow? I still only have the previous updated version, with the forest1 and Jean + Marco.

Parakeetman

I just tried it as titan eren and kicking the mini titans across the map is just too hilarious

TheOGB

Banned
Dat Titan mode! Aaahhhh that was satisfying lol.

And I did pretty good with Eren. Finally managed to kill one, but got caught by another... then right before getting eaten I went Titan and fucked more shit up. That was too good.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Now all this game needs is an update to give Eren the ability to transform into a Titan so we can beat the shit out of the others.

DMiz

Wasn't impressed when looking through the original videos listed in the OP, but it was totally worth it to stick it out and check out the rest of the pages. The new videos look amazing and the game has shaped up to really come close in recreating the anime.

Fantastic work! Hoping to see more from this and have definitely subscribed to keep on top of this thread!

Parakeetman

Wasn't impressed when looking through the original videos listed in the OP, but it was totally worth it to stick it out and check out the rest of the pages. The new videos look amazing and the game has shaped up to really come close in recreating the anime.

Fantastic work! Hoping to see more from this and have definitely subscribed to keep on top of this thread!

I havent updated the main videos, but maybe should do that now since the game has gone up a couple of versions already.

Alright added new videos to the top of the first post. If someone can make a vid of Titan Eren gameplay Ill add that too. Didnt find any with the quick YT search I just did.

Tried yesterday, very cool indeed! Only problem I have is that when I try to play multiplayer with someone (with me hosting),he can connect but after about 20 sec in-game he sees me standing still, same with the titans

Top Bottom