• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan - Fan Made game prototype powered by Unity 3D - PART 2

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Impressive, the programmer really must have gotten a lot of feedback as mentioned in his post to make changes so soon. Cool stuff!

Parakeetman

Man after messing with the updated version they really made it a lot harder haha cant do the swing from the front bit any more as they will grab you now. Plus the addition of the runners really mixes things up.

Very cool to see a lot of big changes in such a short time!

wwm0nkey

I actually am getting pretty good at this game, can take out at least 10 titans in a run now and pull off some pretty sweet attacks :)

wwm0nkey

New level and a lot of other stuff added!

Also I am messing around with Xpadded and will release a 360 controller config soon but I will just let this do the talking on how much using a controller helps

jS2heg2b9Clgf.png

Parakeetman

I was able to do this several times with a controller rather than a keyboard.

If anyone has a controller here are my Xpadder settings.

LT is left hook, RT is Right.
LB is Jump (not needed) RB is both hooks
Start is R to restart
Select is for Full Screen
X is for normal attack
Y is for down attack (is buggy for some reason)

Thanks for the controller info am sure will help out others who wander over here and play with a controller on the PC.

Thats insane you were able to do it a couple times now considering how much harder the game got with the runners and new front grab the large titans can do haha

wwm0nkey

Thanks for the controller info am sure will help out others who wander over here and play with a controller on the PC.

Thats insane you were able to do it a couple times now considering how much harder the game got with the runners and new front grab the large titans can do haha

Trust me, the ability to use LT and RT easily helped A LOT and just click them both to go where ever you want to go. Will do a 100% video soon.

Oh also RS click is to dodge.

Heyt

Banned
Wow the new version is really fun! I was able to kill 8 titans at my best. I hope they continue improving this base is solid.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
it's amazing how popular Attack on Titan in Japan but there is still no official game, this IP can have MonHun style game with 4 players co-op and sells tons on 3DS or Vita, wasted opportunity for Japanese devs.

Here is a gif I made of what magic happens when you have a controller :)

itoHF6YdXln07.gif

awesome.

deim0s

In regards to Unity is it that the devs in Japan actually do not care or is it that they just do not have experience / are familiar with it yet? Since one thing with the difference between Japan and the rest of the world is that it seems over here they are a little bit slower with catching onto the newer tech available. Id have to say give it time, since am sure one of programming enthusiasts will make up a Japanese tutorial for others and hopefully in the indie groups it would grow from there if they find it to be an easy to work with engine? (sorry am not too familiar with the whole unity thing myself)

A few months ago, Japan did get a workshop/conference with the engine - but at least there is exposure.

http://japan.unity3d.com/unite/unite2013/

Parakeetman

We can play as Levi soon! :D

633bbcb5gw1e6khe2lt1gj208c0fsjsk.jpg

If the show ever gets licensed in China this guy is so getting picked up by one of the gaming publishers there to do some sort of related game for them lol.

Nice to see that they working on getting a new character model out!

Also great work with those badass gifs of your accomplishments! Just watched the video too you did and good stuff!

Jex

So he's still putting out updates. I didn't realise that there was a new titan, or that titans can now grab you and eat you. Neat.

Parakeetman

The creators must seriously be getting flooded by fan mail to have him be doing so much work on the project, after the initial statement the updates were going to be slow with other things he was working on.

So when you killed every Titan does it include the Gigantic one that's overlooking from the wall? Or the Titan count doesn't include it? I've gotta play the updated version with a GamePad =D

wwm0nkey

So when you killed every Titan does it include the Gigantic one that's overlooking from the wall? Or the Titan count doesn't include it? I've gotta play the updated version with a GamePad =D

Nope, don't think he is there anymore.

Also the new sliding mechanic is awesome, hated when I tried to zip forward on the ground only to just do a weird stop, now I can slide like a bad ass :D

Parakeetman

The online bit should be interesting and colossal titan? haha oh man that will be glorious.

Parakeetman

lol @ his special attack.

very nice updates and that wall run to get on top of buildings thank god!

tumblr_llskirslrl1qb8m44o1_500.jpg

Damn, this is badass. Pretty much every thing they've added is amazing, but the core of the gameplay looks as if it captures the essence of the show

Clipping seems to be worse in the new version, but the spin attack is OP.

My problems with the game still remain though - the acceleration is way too much, and the ropes are too stringy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Every time this pops up I play way too long. TPS for me too.

Found out Shift is Gas. Oh maaaaaaaaan. Finally did 100% and got a 727 max damage with a few 600's. Feels so rewarding when you land big damage or kill 3 titans in a row, or get them on your first try. Especially those irregular bastards.

Top Bottom