• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

lachesis

Levi... I imagined his name would be Ribeye. LOL... need.. steak... (insert Sasha drool)

the 2 eps of anime, I'm very much impressed. Also like the storytelling too... but also feel that most (if not all) of 104s would die one by one, including Mikasa and Arumin.

For a crazier thought... I thought it would be a kick-ass TV series, if HBO or Showtime could produce it with right budget etc...

Kurita

For a crazier thought... I thought it would be a kick-ass TV series, if HBO or Showtime could produce it with right budget etc...

Well, a live action movie was announced.
I'm sure it'll look cheap though, like most Japanese live action movies.

Erigu

the 2 eps of anime, I'm very much impressed. Also like the storytelling too... but also feel that most (if not all) of 104s would die one by one, including Mikasa and Arumin.
Run, you fool! We're discussing manga spoilers without marking nor masking them, here!

lachesis

Now that's a bad news.... maybe I should hope for a miracle.
Not sure who's going to play the characters though - most of them are whites, and only Mikasa being the half Japanese... (Well, her mom excluded)

I thought it would be a great Walking Dead type of TV series if one could pull it off... :(

Dresden

I doubt any TV production (HBO or otherwise) would have the budget to pull it off. The kind of speed and scale the engagements require is really well suited for animation.

Akito

Last time we heard about the live action movie, tentative director Tetsuya Nakashima left the project early on because of "creative differences on the scriptwriting and other matters". I'm not holding my breath here.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
He apparently considers the gender of his characters to be about as relevant as their blood type.

(I believe Hanji is voiced by a woman though, for what it's worth)

EDIT: Wait, Hanji is voiced by Park Romi. Might not be worth all that much, then! ^^

Haha, well then...

Akito

When, canonically, have they shown Mikasa's abs?

Hanji is obviously a girl, come on now.
ikscrXRbdNnaf.jpg

Just kidding

http://i.minus.com/ifu0b8bP4vs8v.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Thank god he never drew mikasabs, they look awful.

remz

No waaaaay they can do the 3-D gear movement and combat justice, let alone doing the titans without looking goofy as hell. the concept is made for animation.

duckroll

No waaaaay they can do the 3-D gear movement and combat justice, let alone doing the titans without looking goofy as hell. the concept is made for animation.

I think a good director can certainly do justice to the setting by telling a more personal story of people living within the walls, the corruption and political intrigue in the heart of human society, and the woes of the people living day to day in the different social classes. It doesn't need to be an action movie or a story about the military fighting Titans.

duckroll

The author posted his original design for the Armored Titan. The front chest muscles are modeled after Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem, while the turtleshell back look is inspired by Wanderlei Silva.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll say it again: Attack on Muay Thaitans.

Gvaz

Banned
1. Why is this called Shingeki no Kyojin if it's been officially named Attack on Titan?
2. thank you for this thread for just this one manga, haha

Hey I literally read all of the manga in a night :p but when I first started, I thought the storyline was interesting and was pretty excited to read through it. Once the three people were titans turned humans....wasnt a fan honestly. Still interested and pumped for the next chapter :)

Makoto

I have to admit, I'm hugely disappointed that this isn't a straight human vs. titan story. Or rather, I'm disappointed that the concept of humans vs. titans was abandoned so quickly. Eren's first battle with them and it's already giant robot MMA. It doesn't help that the author kind of sucks at tweests because we all knew Eren was that titan as soon as we first saw him in the form.

And even though there are some bits of human vs. titan scattered throughout the manga at the moment, it's very clear the author is putting his true efforts into the titan vs. titan story.

My theory I was going to post in the other thread but decided against as a continuation to my theory about the show taking place in more modern times/post-worldwide epidemic:

We don't really know, but going along with my previous theory (Some manga spoilers ahead):

The titans were possibly the result of some sort of some biological warfare experiment on humans. At first I thought that the lack of genitals was self-censorship but it would make sense with this other explanation as they wouldn't want the monsters being able to increase in number infinitely, although obviously something went wrong and they ran a muck anyway. We have more or less confirmation that titans come from a sort of human mutation both from seeing characters like Eren and Annie transform along with what happened to the victims of Connie's village.

My theory on smaller titans are they they are that their cores are small children. The beast titan hinted that people already should be able to guess what their weak point really is so that'd be the only thing that'd make sense for the ones that are barely outside of the normal range for human height.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My theory is that
titans were a way to preserve humanity in the most nonsensical way possible. New superior human race eliminating the weaker one, or integrating them.

Basically the author is just ripping off NGE. :p

Taruranto

If she's actually confirmed to be female, anyway!
(last time I saw the author talk about Hanji, he said he didn't want to confirm the character's gender)

QR1vswq.png

This coming doesn't leave too much to the imagination, lol

also what's up with titans and dat ass

I used to think the Titans where just the Earth creating antibodies to eradicate the Human Virus. But then the Brian/Braun told Eren that he doesn't want to destroy all humans and he wants him back to some village or something.

I'm very confused.

Also Annie is fucking hot.

duckroll

Upcoming anime episode titles:

Ep6 - The World the Girl Saw
Ep7 - A Small Blade
Ep8 - The Heart can be Heard Beating
Ep9 - The Left Arm's Whereabouts
Ep10 - The Response

Looks like the adaptation is still moving exactly as I expected. Lol.

Upcoming anime episode titles:

Ep6 - The World the Girl Saw
Ep7 - A Small Blade
Ep8 - The Heart can be Heard Beating
Ep9 - The Left Arm's Whereabouts
Ep10 - The Response

Looks like the adaptation is still moving exactly as I expected. Lol.

So, we'll probably not even end at the Female Titan? This animes pacing is pretty slow.

I used to think the Titans where just the Earth creating antibodies to eradicate the Human Virus. But then the Brian/Braun told Eren that he doesn't want to destroy all humans and he wants him back to some village or something.

I'm very confused.

Also Annie is fucking hot.

Nah, I think it's an out of control bio-weapon. The Titans were supposed to be living mechs, but, something went wrong and now it's out of control.

Erigu

Yeah, the climax of the first cours should be episode 15 of the comics, and then, assuming they don't introduce some crazy original content (or ending), I imagine they'll try and adapt the whole Ani business (up to episode 33 of the comics?) for the second cours...

Top Bottom