• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

Branduil

Yeah, chapter 34 is where I guessed they would end the season all along. It's as close to a natural stopping point as exists in the manga.

Akito

A translated version is also out. It's pretty amusing how casual Ryner and Bert are after the incident.

Jarmel

Banned
I swear to god if that little shit ruins it by hulking out and going all rage before we get some answers...

Dram

Did anyone else think that the drill instructor was the Sasquatch Titan? They both had those shadows around their eyes, but then I remembered the Sasquatch asking how the third gear works so it couldn't be him.

chapter 45 was okay but 46 should be really meaty.

wish i waited another year or two to start reading this. at least when it came to FMA, i only had to wait a few months since it was almost finished by the time i started lol. :(

im surprised ymir didnt recognize bert and reiner since according to their flashbacks, she was there devouring people in front of them. i guess she went berzerk? or maybe she was supposed to be with those 2 but decided to go her own way?

Shergal

I swear to god if that little shit ruins it by hulking out and going all rage before we get some answers...

Eren's a bit more reasonable than people give him credit for. The whole TRAITORSSS thing has already happened, no reason to repeat it.

Besides yeah, he probably can't transform anyway and isn't even able to reach the tree Reiner is in.

Quick question, what time does the chapters come out since they are monthly. Is it at the begining of the month or at the end? I'm at the part where
The Colosal Titan's mouth is dropping on top of Eren

Ken

That was boring.

Next chapter will probably be Colossal poofing into smoke again and escaping with Armored, followed by 30 pages of Mikasa regretting not going for their necks.

duckroll

Shit manga, shit story. Here's what will happen next month: Eren will ask them "WHAT IS GOING ON WHY ARE YOU TITANS WTF???" and they will go "Actually we don't know either, we were hoping you could tell us since you guys are titans too." and then they'll go "Don't worry, when we return to our village there will be more answers." BUT THEN THEY GET ATTACKED AND EREN IS RESCUED.

Mark my words!

Eh, I'm enjoying it. It's annoying how much they stretch basic stuff out, especially before with the flashbacks, but I don't think I can quit at this point. I imagine being more upset if I had started at the very beginning though.

MarkusRJR

Shit manga, shit story. Here's what will happen next month: Eren will ask them "WHAT IS GOING ON WHY ARE YOU TITANS WTF???" and they will go "Actually we don't know either, we were hoping you could tell us since you guys are titans too." and then they'll go "Don't worry, when we return to our village there will be more answers." BUT THEN THEY GET ATTACKED AND EREN IS RESCUED.

Mark my words!
Ugh that'd be the worst shit ever. I hope it's a more substantial chapter than that.

jgmo870

Banned
Chapter 45 made me laugh. "There was a lot of steam, and it was nearly impossible to see how they got away but here's exactly what happened." That's some good writing right there.

Erigu

Chapter 45 made me laugh. "There was a lot of steam, and it was nearly impossible to see how they got away but here's exactly what happened." That's some good writing right there.
When did they say it was nearly impossible to see how they got away?

duckroll

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57411062]Too bad there are no substantial chapters in Attack on Titan.[/QUOTE]

^
Listen to this man, he speaks the truth.

Erigu

Page 22 on mangahere's translation: Amidst all that, it was nearly impossible to see anything, but what I did manage to make out was...
The "nearly impossible" wasn't in the original text, he just says you could barely see Eren losing. And he does mention there was less steam already right after that.

Gvaz

Banned
tumblr_mmnckw3eFm1qzrwpzo1_500.gif

ryan13ts

Some of the titans in the manga just creep me the fuck out, as in it's almost hard for me to even look at them because they're so strange/gross looking. Am I the only one?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One can at least hope. I just want answers to ANY of the mysteries this series presents. It's annoying to have basically none of them answered 45 chapters in.

Eh, I disagree with that. We at least know now what the titans actually are (though not everything about them), and where they might originate.

Permanently A

Mark my words!

Nooooo we need to get some answers for fucks sake everything has been dragged out so looooooong

Qvoth

yeah with that headache thing, seems pretty obvious it's just a matter of time for mikasa
you know what would be awesome?
if armin's a titan too
i mean, it's basically a shounen staple for the weakling friend to betray the main character
cliche as shit, but still awesome

Erigu

yeah with that headache thing, seems pretty obvious it's just a matter of time for mikasa
You mean, the headache she's had since volume 1?

you know what would be awesome?
if armin's a titan too
i mean, it's basically a shounen staple for the weakling friend to betray the main character
cliche as shit, but still awesome
Not so awesome, considering we've already been privy to that character's thoughts...

I just started reading this, and I'm now up to the point where
They asked Annie for her help to get Eren out of the city and she transformed.
I figured it was her the moment I saw her. Mostly since it looked just like her and secondly when she pulled off Armin's hoodie it became painfully obvious.

Will they explain why she started crying when they got Eren? Just a simple yes or no will suffice.

kurahador

Watching the anime made realize alot of things that I missed.

I think it's safe to say that titans in this story is similar to zombies from the walking dead. Eren's father going around treating a "plague" maybe refers a titan transformation phenomenon.

So Mikasa being a titan is almost a sure thing at this point considering Eren's dad visited her family often.

GrizzNKev

Banned
So I decided to read this thanks to the buzz around the anime.

What a shit story. This is some of the worst writing I've ever subjected myself to and I feel bad for anyone watching the anime right now. The story goes in circles endlessly, escalating the bullshit levels in each chapter without answering any questions at all. How in the fuck is this so popular?

duckroll

So I decided to read this thanks to the buzz around the anime.

What a shit story. This is some of the worst writing I've ever subjected myself to and I feel bad for anyone watching the anime right now. The story goes in circles endlessly, escalating the bullshit levels in each chapter without answering any questions at all. How in the fuck is this so popular?

S3dHtLA.jpg

+

4pRHmFl.jpg

+

fkteuPW.png

+

A7DWlwU.jpg

+

DAseKeW.jpg

+

ebUkrKd.jpg

+