• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushae

Banned
So far we know it'll be 24-26 eps. And yes the manga is ongoing (also monthly). Even if they stop they could probably pick up again where they left off at some point.

Aww bollocks, this sounds it will get cancelled like Soul Eater did, that really sucked.

Soriku

Manga spoilers, just in case, but those are the first pages of the series, really, so...

Sure looks like it was the future (or something). Older Mikasa with shorter hair... And Eren's dream was apparently so long he was surprised to see how long Mikasa's hair was upon seeing her. And of course, there would be the tears.
I wonder where exactly the writer is going with that (and the title of that first episode, for that matter)...

I just looked up the name of the first chapter.
To You, In 2000 Years

lol wtf. The name of the chapter as well as what you noted about
Mikasa's hair
makes it seem like
there might be some time traveling hoodwinks going on eventually. Or something similar.

Of course, all speculation.

duckroll

Didn't the anime end at 50? Sorry I meant the Anime, either that or I slept under a rock at the time :O

P.S. This new anime, attack on titan (and manga) is really really good.

The anime was planned as a 50 episode series and concluded. It wasn't cancelled.

Soriku

I think he just means they might cut the series short by making an original ending like Soul Eater. I don't think that'll be the case.

duckroll

I think he just means they might cut the series short by making an original ending like Soul Eater. I don't think that'll be the case.

But they didn't cut the series short. It was planned as a 50 episode series. Not everything wants to run forever and just adapt everything super faithfully.

PK Gaming

But they didn't cut the series short. It was planned as a 50 episode series. Not everything wants to run forever and just adapt everything super faithfully.

Is there a chance that'll give soul eater the "brotherhood" treatment when soul eater concludes? The first 25 episodes were perfect... when the anime starts splitting off, the quality kind of drops off big time :/

Akito

Is there a chance that'll give soul eater the "brotherhood" treatment when soul eater concludes? The first 25 episodes were perfect... when the anime starts splitting off, the quality kind of drops off big time :/
I wouldn't count on it, the manga does not sell nearly as well as FMA did.

Soriku

Yeah that's what I meant.

They'll only do that if the series gotten less and less popular right? Fairy Tail seems to be ongoing.

Well FMA's original series had an original ending. Granted there was no way they could've kept going when the series still had years to go after the anime ended so an original ending makes sense if they weren't going to have long hiatuses in between. At least we got Brotherhood.

Defuser

MMwbEO8.jpg

Ushae

Banned
Yeah that's what I meant.

Well FMA's original series had an original ending. Granted there was no way they could've kept going when the series still had years to go after the anime ended so an original ending makes sense if they weren't going to have long hiatuses in between. At least we got Brotherhood.

Yeah this is what I originally meant, there was a huge difference in the quality between FMA & Brotherhood. Hopefully This series gets the same treatment.

kurahador

I guess hiatus is as good as cancelled for niche series. Look at Rave, DGray Man and Beelzebub.

HxH managed to go from hiatus to reboot because it's extremely popular.

Soriku

I guess hiatus is as good as cancelled for niche series. Look at Rave, DGray Man and Beelzebub.

HxH managed to go from hiatus to reboot because it's extremely popular.

Gintama is the only long shonen series I know of that actually gets away with hiatuses. The original series went on for 202 eps, took a year break and came back with 50 more eps, then took another 6 month break and they animated 3 new arcs and one new episode + had reruns. There's also a movie this summer and the series will probably come back again after a while

Though it helps that Gintama is mainly episodic (though it still has an overarching story, along with some more self contained arcs) and DVD/Bluray sales are good.

Cloudy

Banned
Thats not the complaint at all. I just don't understand the need to have the tells before whatever happens ends up happening (and I have a pretty decent guess where they're going here). And if it is what I think it is then I'll probably end up dropping it.

Scenes like the one I mentioned before really didn't have to show up but they decided to stick them in there. So its hard to take the events in episode 5 seriously when you already know things aren't what they seem like in the first place. Foreshadowing is fine but it was completely unnecessary with this show.

I'm reading the manga. Trust me, you won't drop it

Jex

The Production Committee has made a formal statement apologizing for the state of the broadcasts in the Fukuoka and Hokkaido regions: http://shingeki.tv/news/archives/167

They state that the fuckup previously mentioned were caused by both the production as well as the delivery deadlines for those two stations. They apologized to all fans who are supporting the show, and say that the production team and the staff will redouble their efforts from now on.

LOL. Our greatest fears confirmed. >_<

RIP Wit Studio! Bigbosssalute.jpg

Owch. Sounds like another case of great production planning.

Branduil

Remember when we label it as Magi 2.0? It's happening.gif

Nah, the production issues are only one part of the Magi formula; the other parts are uninspired direction and a butchered script adaptation. The production issues could become pretty bad by the end, but it's obvious so far that at least Wit Studio wants to make a good show, they just don't have the time and experience to pull everything off.

Akito

Which manga isn't selling as well?

Also, I only now just recognized your avatar! Very nice!
Soul Eater obviously. FMA sold over 1 million copies per volume while it was running but SE doesn't manage half of that. It's still popular but just not that popular to warrant a remake.

The Production Committee has made a formal statement apologizing for the state of the broadcasts in the Fukuoka and Hokkaido regions: http://shingeki.tv/news/archives/167

They state that the fuckup previously mentioned were caused by both the production as well as the delivery deadlines for those two stations. They apologized to all fans who are supporting the show, and say that the production team and the staff will redouble their efforts from now on.

LOL. Our greatest fears confirmed. >_<

RIP Wit Studio! Bigbosssalute.jpg

Well I hope they dont fall behind and and the final episode(s) get pushed back to random air dates in the fall, etc... or we get more of that magi/psycho pass visual masterpieces again.

Soul Eater obviously. FMA sold over 1 million copies per volume while it was running but SE doesn't manage half of that. It's still popular but just not that popular to warrant a remake.

I hope manga sales arent the only determinator for it (would they really not animate it even if it has >400K manga sales...). Assuming its ending this year or early next year, seems like an easy target for Bones to animate to and get disc sales above some of their other recent anime...

Akito

I hope manga sales arent the only determinator for it (would they really not animate it even if it has >400K manga sales...). Assuming its ending this year or early next year, seems like an easy target for Bones to animate to and get disc sales above some of their other recent anime...
One other important factor would be the sales of the anime itself but there's even less hope in this regard (the last DVD volume sold a little short of 2.5k in the first week).

dino1980

So I watched the five episodes that has been released this far and loved it. So I am hungry for some anime that is in the same genre as Attack on Titan.

Is there some serie or movie you guys can recommend to me?

Have seen evangelium and robotech that I remember.

So I watched the five episodes that has been released this far and loved it. So I am hungry for some anime that is in the same genre as Attack on Titan.

The first 2 episodes of Muv-Luv Alternative. Apparently it's nothing like it after that though.

I'm not super familiar with how all this works, never started watching an anime before it became English dubbed before; what's the likelihood of the show continuing on to completion? Is the manga almost done? How close is the anime to the manga at this point?

Akito

I'm not super familiar with how all this works, never started watching an anime before it became English dubbed before; what's the likelihood of the show continuing on to completion?
The chances are good if it continues to be as popular as it it right now. There has to be be a break or two in between though because the anime will catch up to the manga soon enough.

Is the manga almost done?
No.

How close is the anime to the manga at this point?
The anime just started a couple of weeks ago. A little more than a volume worth of the manga got adapted so far and there are 10 manga volumes out now.

I think for sure that popular shows such as Bleach and Fairy Tail will restart as soon as there is enough distance between the manga and anime from the point they left it.

Rave Master and other low selling animes/manga not so much. Still sad about Zatch Bell not getting the finishing arc.

But anyways THIS IS CRAZY and hilarious!

Finally got caught up on this show. Was all ready for the cadets to kick some titan ass and show their skills then...Jesus fucking Christ what just happened?!

Platy

Saw till episode 5 ...

Was kinda happy with episode 5 xD

I absolutly HATED Eren character.

But then again, I have to say that the main character is obviously
the spider-man like machine ;D
wich in my humble speculation is an
awesome way for walking without needing a leg if you ask me ...

If titans don't shit. Where does the the bodies go to?

So you are saying that you want to let the bodies hit the floor ? xD

Dram

Blue Gender

Just replace giants with bugs and the walled city with a space station.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero.

iavi

Just watched through to ep 4; this adaptation is fucking rad.

I wasn't getting the complaints of Erin being whiny having read the manga, and I'm sure as hell not seeing where that's coming from having watched the show. He's excitable, excitable as hell, but hardly whiny.

Soma

Yeah Eren never really struck me as whiny either. I guess I could see him as a whiny person towards the people who are complacent with being holed up within the walls. He's definitely overly ambitious but he kinda
pays the price for that in Episode 5 lol

Qvoth

it's kinda late but...
what does
Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
mean anyway?
what language is that? german? dutch?

Suen

Just caught up with the rest of the episodes. Pretty satisfied with their adaption, of course the previous 2 eps were meh but that was expected. Really think they are making a great job at giving the feeling of horror and humans being really weak in comparison etc. It's also nice watching this while following the manga as I get reminded by lots of things I forgot from the earlier chapters I read long ago due to the monthly bullshit, really looking forward to the next episode.

Taruranto

Manga spoilers, just in case, but those are the first pages of the series, really, so...

Sure looks like it was the future (or something). Older Mikasa with shorter hair... And Eren's dream was apparently so long he was surprised to see how long Mikasa's hair was upon seeing her. And of course, there would be the tears.
I wonder where exactly the writer is going with that (and the title of that first episode, for that matter)...

The beginning gave me Muv-Luv Alternative vibes (and it is said the mangaka is a friend of Muv-Luv creator or was inspired by it) but so far i don't think there are many hints toward
TT/Parallel dimensions stuff.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm on the most recent chapter of the manga. Very confused about the recent turn of events but still intrigued. I really like it and I don't see how they can stop the anime abruptly now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom