• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Where can I do this?

It's worth to note that in order to experience the "true" Muv-Luv you have to get throught Extra and Unlimited, that probably won't be what you want if you want something similar to Titans.
Also Alternative is overrated and the pay off is not worth.

I don't really think there's anything to be gained by being painfully faithful to the original text, except that it stops (some) manga fans whining as much. Manga and anime are very different mediums and if you don't account for that you end up with a whole heap of problems.

It's really evident in the pacing sometimes.

Akito

Episode 6
There might be some bias on my part but I like this episode a lot, it's pretty faithful to the manga and the pace's not bad either, they've crammed over 70 manga pages into this episode. Now the wait for the next episode begins anew.

Erigu

Shingeki 6-

I think they changed a slight part around in Mikasa's backstory for the worse.
In the anime it seems like Eren found a separate cabin while in the manga it's in the same house as his father rushes for help. It's more coincidental here that Eren just happens to come across them.
It wasn't the same house in the manga either.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So if Mikasa
has super strength (Knife handle shattered, along with the floor) might be shared with Eren when he has his revelation? (Since he can't be dead and I'm guessing his dad did stuff to both of them)

Daingurse

Man this show is fantastic, finally caught up today.

Episode 6 Spoilers:

Man Eren has done some shit, he actually came across rather reckless and psychotic in that flashback. The racial stuff they introduced was fairly interesting, disgusting how humans are going to be humans regardless of the circumstances around them. Seeing the backstory on Mikasa was very interesting, the explanation for her skills was some straight Grappler Baki shit. Also man that abnormal was weird. The titans continue to disturb me, the goofiness of some of them just comes off as creepy and I love it. I really want to see how the tide will be turned, the deck is just so stacked. Man I'm tempted to just read the manga at this point. Knowing now that the Titans only eat humans beings, for no known reason makes things downright malicious

Edit: Okay, trying to decide whether to read the manga or not. I can definitely still appreciate an anime adaptation after reading the manga, but I love being genuinely surprised. Gah!

tumblr_mbevxscV8w1r7007y.gif

mugwhump

Episode 6

Wow. Sooooo good. They're doing a fairly good job stopping their production issues from showing. I thought everything in this episode was handled quite well. It covered a bit less material than I expected, but everything was paced basically perfectly, so I can't really complain.
Mikasa's flashback was fantastic, and her stopping that titan was cool as fuck. Gif where?

Once again I'm reminded how much the dimension of sound is adding to this adaptation. Between the soundwork, the all-star VA cast, and the phenomenal OST, this show is a real treat for the ears. Also, Armin's VA deserves (another) pat on the back. I like Ymir's, too.

I'm pretty ok if this has become the standard for Attack on Titan episodes. While there are issues with character art consistency, I don't think it's awful. Generally the shot composition has made up for it IMO. The action has been good thus far, so as long as that doesn't fall to shit, I think the show'll be fine.

As for episode 06, I really enjoyed it. I had no problems with the length of the flashback either.

LogicStep

Episode 6:

Wow, that was so amazing. I loved every bit of it,
the flashback was amazing. I am sooooo fine with Mikasa being the main character. Before this episode I didn't know what to expect from Mikasa since we had not seen anything. After this episode, holy shit. Here is our main character that kicks ass, about time she showed up! That titan kill was so fucking clean it was awesome. The flashback really shows why she held Eren so close, Eren kicked some major ass in this episode, being cool and brave. And also fucking awesome, when Mikasa managed complete control over her body, that scene was awesome as hell! But why did she have to go and say that at the end of the episode?! Wonder how she's gonna take the news.

:D

Edit: Okay, trying to decide whether to read the manga or not. I can definitely still appreciate an anime adaptation after reading the manga, but I love being genuinely surprised. Gah!

Do it. I just finished catching up, and the manga is pretty epic. There are some bits from the anime that end up being scattered around to different parts of the manga (flashbacks, side-stories and such), but it's a great read.

And you will be genuinely surprised OMGholyshit.

Kettch

Great episode. Not a second of filler that I could notice, just the way I like it. Great to see after my other favorite recent shounen series Beelzebub got so fucked over in the anime adaptation.

Not cutting to the reveal of Franz' lower half being gone was a little disappointing, the camera tricks don't really work if you leave that out. Surprisingly good job with Mikasa's mother's death though.

Man this show is fantastic, finally caught up today.

Episode 6 Spoilers:

Man Eren has done some shit, he actually came across rather reckless and psychotic in that flashback. The racial stuff they introduced was fairly interesting, disgusting how humans are going to be humans regardless of the circumstances around them. Seeing the backstory on Mikasa was very interesting, the explanation for her skills was some straight Grappler Baki shit. Also man that abnormal was weird. The titans continue to disturb me, the goofiness of some of them just comes off as creepy and I love it. I really want to see how the tide will be turned, the deck is just so stacked. Man I'm tempted to just read the manga at this point. Knowing now that the Titans only eat humans beings, for no known reason makes things downright malicious

tumblr_mbevxscV8w1r7007y.gif

May as well read the manga. The anime ending is going to be horrible. I'm sure it'll either be a "and we'll keep fighting and we'll win!" or a massive cliff-hanger.

Daingurse

May as well read the manga. The anime ending is going to be horrible. I'm sure it'll either be a "and we'll keep fighting and we'll win!" or a massive cliff-hanger.

Oh god, so some Claymore shit? That would suck. Yeah I'm leaning towards reading this. I've been a kaiju fan my whole life and I've always wanted to see something this dark in the genre. The Spider-man antics just enhance everything.

I probably would have read this years ago, if I knew it fucking existed. Kinda salty, this shit has been around since 09 and I only heard about it within the last month or two!

Not cutting to the reveal of Franz' lower half being gone was a little disappointing, the camera tricks don't really work if you leave that out. Surprisingly good job with Mikasa's mother's death though.

They sort of did, but the shot they use isn't nearly as clear as it should be.
The wider shot that has the both of them in frame shows that his body doesn't go past where her leg is, but if you're not looking for it, it's way more difficult to make out.

Attack on Titan - 06

Mikasa for sure should have been the main character. Being the only
Asian
character in the show just ramps up her awesomeness.

Also I totally knew she was going to be the only one.

I didn't notice the guy in that scene flew when I was watching the episode, I thought he was stepped on but I guess that running animation really threw me off. I also like the music that was played as Mikasa made her decision in the flashback, anyway I can't wait for next week to pick up where things left off last ep.

Permanently A

Great music this episode, and we got some character development (Eren is
a psychotic child killer
and Mikasa's scarf gives her superpowers). Can't wait for the next episode.

As for the production... the stills don't really bother me as long as the fight sequences are good. But it does seem like they've got some serious efficiency problems.

Moaradin

This show looks interesting. I noticed Funimation has the licencing rights to it. Does that mean we'll get a english version eventually?

duckroll

This show looks interesting. I noticed Funimation has the licencing rights to it. Does that mean we'll get a english version eventually?

FUNimation doesn't have exclusive streaming rights for it. Both FUNimation and Crunchyroll are streaming it (and Crunchyroll seems to be doing a better job of it so far). This does indicate that FUNimation is interested in the home video rights for the show though, but they have not announced that they acquired them yet. It's a big title, so it might take a while for negotiations.

delleps

Neo Member
I've been really enjoying this show, but holy damn are the characters walking tropes.

Plus if this shit gets any more fucking melodramatic I'm going to explode. (Just finised ep 5)

Dennis

Banned
Shingeki no Kyojin - 06

Mikasa is seriously imba. Everyone else are useless while she just slays titans left and right.

I thought this episode was pretty good. The
flashback
was the perfect length to leave things on an interesting note. That said I'm really looking forward to next week's episode.

Dennis

Banned
The fact that Mikasa is the only Asian character threw me for a loop. I had not noticed that she was supposed to look different from the others.

Branduil

Attack on Titan 6

Seems like they're doing a pretty straight adaptation of this arc. The art was a little bit better this week, and it was pretty entertaining, even with the weird pacing. The Mikasa flashback was nicely done, they certainly faithfully captured
Eren's rather psycho attitude and Mikasa's moment of revelation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom