• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

How could you not give in after the 3rd or 4th episode?

It's called self-control.
Lol. No they weren't. The story has always been a scam since the start. It's just a typical shounen action manga wrapped in false pretence and an interesting setting. Nothing more. Hope you like people shouting a lot and getting nothing done, cause there's a whole lot more of that coming.

You can really taste the salt.

It tastes like tears.

Lol. No they weren't. The story has always been a scam since the start. It's just a typical shounen action manga wrapped in false pretence and an interesting setting. Nothing more. Hope you like people shouting a lot and getting nothing done, cause there's a whole lot more of that coming.

Attack on Titan has to have some of the most wasted potential since Naruto

kirblar

What if
all the injections did was allow him to keep some part of consciousness? What if inside every Titan there's a little person in the cockpit? I mean think about it. Their weak spot is the nape of the neck where Eren was inside his Titan-bot. Coincidence? Maybe. Could be its their weak spot because you're killing the pilot though.
This was my thought exactly when I saw the ending. The weak point has the pilot. Does that mean the Titans are bioweapons? (anti-WMD themes are kinda a trope unto themselves in anime :p)

Diablos54

The story has always been a scam since the start. It's just a typical shounen action manga wrapped in false pretence and an interesting setting. Nothing more. Hope you like people shouting a lot and getting nothing done, cause there's a whole lot more of that coming.
While I quite like the manga, this is pretty damn spot on, it just takes a little while before it becomes really obvious.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Goddammit, I had such high hopes for this show and it looks (by the main cast, predictability and this bullshit "twist" and the next episode's preview) that it's going to sorely disappoint.
I guess it's a bit too early to judge, we'll see in a month.

Dennis

Banned
Is it cool to hate on Attack on Titan already?

Every episode has been gripping and I anxiously await what comes the following week.

rpmurphy

I'm surprised people haven't acquired the skill to read the telltale signs after all these years.

A scam? What the hell are you talking about? This is like saying Bleach was a scam because the early chapters were more slice of life then action. No shock everyone will soon hate this show and call it generic shounen. I don't see it as generic, but, I guess you have an odd definition of generic.

Necrovex

Naruto had potential?

Part 1 was fantastic.
Part 2 is LOL.

Pretty much this with some exceptions. Part 2 had some very interesting arcs in it, but the pacing is garbage (this includes the awfulness of the manga pacing.

Every shounen series has potential. Even Inuyasha. Problem is more often than not, it's squandered.

Inuyasha never had potential.

Bleach did.

Hey! Inuyasha had some potential that was quickly destroyed.

I really enjoyed Bleach through the Soul Society arc. I hear bad things about the future arcs, but I want to give them a try. I got through all of Inuyasha, so I can get through Bleach.

SUPARSTARX

Just finished episode 8. What issue/chapter does it pick up in the manga? Kinda wanna read ahead.

Also, I love how trollish some of the faces are on the titans. Especially kawaii anime eyes.

BIGWORM

My guess is that its
the shit that his dad injected into him by force. Perhaps the doctor knows more about the titans and anyone else and has some sort of titan DNA that can make you turn into one if need be. I knew this couldn't be the end of Eren, that would just be terrible. The scene where titan Eren saves Mikasa is similar to the one where he saves her when they are children, thats when I knew it was him.

Anyway. This anime is shaping up to be godlike all around. Love the characters, the animation and the action. And the twists, so unexpected.

Sew gewd.

That makes sense, I suppose. As far as the weak spot on the Titans:

Noticing where Eren's "human" form (?) emerged from within the Titan, the weak spot is virtually the same spot, so when one slashes at that spot, they killed the human. I'm not sure if Eren grew to be his own Titan, or confiscated and morphed the Titan that ate him in Ep. 5.

Even though I powered through 3-8 in one sitting, Ep. 5 rocks me for days, seemed like.

Dennis

Banned
That makes sense, I suppose. As far as the weak spot on the Titans:

Noticing where Eren's "human" form (?) emerged from within the Titan, the weak spot is virtually the same spot, so when one slashes at that spot, they killed the human.

:O

BIGWORM

Also, as far as why the Titans are targeting humans:

It could be a form of human evolution, if all Titans are controlled by humans. I mean, why else would Titans be able to survive for 100 years, and aggressively and solely eat humans, and not any other animals?

That still doesn't explain Titans not having any reproductive organs, though. I'm not sure where to go with that one...

For me personally, I haven't been interested in a generic shounen plot like "14-year-old boy saves the world because of his hard work ethic and a secret untapped ability" after the tenth time or so I saw it. I was initially attracted to this show because of it's seeming ability to subvert the tropes common to the genre, like
killing off that 14-year-old kid in the fifth episode
. But, if the episode 8 revelation plays out in the next couple episodes like it seems it's going to, I'm going to lose interest pretty fast.

But, if the episode 8 revelation plays out in the next couple episodes like it seems it's going to, I'm going to lose interest pretty fast.
I think it's pretty safe to say that based on what's happened so far, the series is not very interested in going in any expected directions.

I at least want to see if there's a titan inside the neck of the colossal titan, which has a person inside its neck in turn, LOL

And maybe there's a happy little capuchin monkey inside the person's neck.

LogicStep

I predict this thread will be filled with people that hate the show yet they can't stop watching.

I love the show, bring it on titans.

They can have all the stills they want as long as they animate the Titan battles.

Some anime productions have low budgets, so they sacrifice animation in some parts to put in others.

When there is a major Titan battle done in stills only then I'll complain.

But if sacrificing dialogue animation scenes gets me more of this...

QIeleiE.gif

(not enough time to find epic gifs)
...then continue.

Hopefully this gets successful enough to allow Season 2 to have a bigger budget which allows them to animate both without sacrificing the animation for the battle scenes

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Is it cool to hate on Attack on Titan already?

Every episode has been gripping and I anxiously await what comes the following week.

Do remember that most of the "haters" are people who have read the manga and have seen how the story will advance.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've been keeping up with the manga and have been enjoying where the story has been going (so far). *shrug*

I'm not saying that you must hate it either. :p Just that most of the complaints about wasted potential are more about the manga than the anime from what I've seen in this thread.

I still think that it's a pretty interesting read with a few stumbles here and there.

DrBo42

Haven't watched the show, just watched the opening titles. Hilarious. With no context they're just swinging around slicing dudes that are walking around naked. What a bunch of dicks.

kurahador

Do remember that most of the "haters" are people who have read the manga and have seen how the story will advance.

I'm one of those who followed the manga yet I still love the series.

No worries, the story isn't as bad as some ppl here seems to wants it out to be. Berserk took worse direction than this series has sometimes and it still turns out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom